Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

The person who got kicked off was one of my least favorites, but I also think that the other one in the bottom 2 needs to go next and has already WAY overstayed her welcome. IMO she has no business being on the top 10 tour.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah that person didn't fit in.. heck they didn't even let her sing in the group song. Look I'm not gay but if I was I'd look her up, I thought she was hot with a great mouth and killer eyes.

dreads wasn't even in the bottom? arggggg! OK no way did Irish belong in the bottom - if this keeps up I might have to break down and vote.

Kristy needs to go!!!

bye Amanda. and thank goodness. she refused to do anything but her Janis Joplin type screamstuff. now if this seasons 'Sanjaya' Kristy Lee Cook will go.....
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Amanda looked happy to go, it was the happiest I've ever seen her on the show.

Jason should have been in the bottom three at least.

Carly definitely didn't deserve to be in the bottom three. I couldn't believe that! The BEST female singer there in the bottom three; what a joke!

I was actually shocked that it was Amanda and not Kristy. I figured the folks over at Vote For the Worst would make sure Amanda stuck around a little longer.

I think Kristy is a cute girl, and she has a decent voice. She's just not a good entertainer though.

The only girl I like is Syesha. Carly and Brooke are popular, but I just don't like them for some reason.

Silver Member

Can't believe Amanda went before Kristy. I guess all the country music fans are keeping her around.

I'm not overly impressed with any of the top 10. A bunch of boring, forgettable people who at best have the potential to be one hit wonders. Most of them were planted there because they'd already tried to make it as artists and failed, and it's easy to see why.

I don't get the hype about the supposed "talent" in the top 10. I'm not seeing it, and with the way they're pimping David Archuleta, I don't get why they're even going through with the charade of anyone else still even having a shot.

I love David Archuleta, but really want Michael Johns for the win. But, he seems to be losing his spark; like he's giving up already.

...and I completely agree with Raspberry, last night was the happiest I've seen Amanda. She was more happy to leave than to stay on American Idol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I love David Archuleta, but really want Michael Johns for the win. But, he seems to be losing his spark; like he's giving up already.

...and I completely agree with Raspberry, last night was the happiest I've seen Amanda. She was more happy to leave than to stay on American Idol!!
    I like Michael Johns, too. He's always entertaining and I think for the most part he's made really good song choices. He's a great performer, and one of the few who actually stands out to me and whose performances I can remember after that night's show.

He's also attractive enough to get the attention of the teenage girl demographic that I think the producers believe Archuleta has a lock on, while also appealing to adults.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I don't get the hype about the supposed "talent" in the top 10. I'm not seeing it, and with the way they're pimping David Archuleta, I don't get why they're even going through with the charade of anyone else still even having a shot.
    What do you mean by pimping him out? He is clearly a talented kid, and deserves to be there a lot more than most of the others imo.

If anyone's getting pimped out it's Carly. She is not that good imo, yet she can do no wrong in the judges eyes. She's already had a record deal, but supposedly the album tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    What do you mean by pimping him out? He is clearly a talented kid, and deserves to be there a lot more than most of the others imo.

If anyone's getting pimped out it's Carly. She is not that good imo, yet she can do no wrong in the judges eyes. She's already had a record deal, but supposedly the album tanked.
    I was mainly referring to the time when he completely butchered his song during Lennon/McCartney week and the judges still kissed his ass and assured him and the viewers that he was great despite having a "bad week". Then, they sat there the next night with straight faces and claimed that he didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3 after not even knowing the lyrics to his fucking song.

If it had been anyone else giving such a jaw-droppingly BAD performance, they would have been torn to shreds. I also just don't think he's as good as they tell him he is.

I agree that Carly is overrated and pimped- BIG TIME. I can't stand her, and her previous connections with MCA while Randy Jackson was executive VP should have disqualified her from this competition. I guarantee that's why they're pimping her.

A*O

Haven't seen the vote show yet (we are 24 hours behind, cheers Foxtel) but I'm glad Amanda's gone. She may as well be singing the same song every time and Janis Joplin did it better.

David A - he's already won. The rest is window dressing.
    Carly - can sing but shouldn't be in the comp in the first place as she's already had a professional contract which used to be against the rules.
    Kristie - yet another country singer zzzzz
    David C - creepy and arrogant and got the melody wrong.
    Michael - he needs to let rip with some 'big' rocker songs and stop with the sensitive/soulful "this song reminds me of my dead puppy" bullshit.
    Jason - ditch the dreads dude. He's out.
    Brooke - cute ditz but SHE CAN'T SING IN TUNE!!!!
    Ramiele - Still a karaoke singer in a Manila titty bar
    I can't even remember anyone else.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A*O , I agree, David C - he is so arrogant!

Brooke, I find too overly happy and annoying. IMO this girl isn't a recording artist.

Michael, needs to select some decent songs that suit his style and voice. The past two weeks he has been very disappointing. Maybe, now that the Beatles theme is over the Idols will do better.

Hit By Ban Bus!

David A is the only one with real talent and yet when he stops singing and starts with the "awe shucks" I want to throttle him.

I'm tired of the tears thats one thing I really liked about Amanda.. her "bite me" attitude.

David Cook looks to weird, I can't believe he's not like 40 years old.

Thread Information