Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

^Interesting..
    You can tell he tries his hardest, i'll cry if he's eliminated. But I don't see it happening for awhile.

That site sure explains alot about Amanda. I get it now; Vote for the worst, piss alot of people off.
    Amanda never looks happy. Even when the judges are giving her compliments, all she can mutter is a 'thankyou'. She shows no happiness.

Did anyone laugh their ass off like I did when Simon said to Castro 'That sounds like a kid in his bedroom at midnight' and Ryan said something I didn't get, but then Simon said 'Ryan... Ryan be careful' and was giving him a 'I could destroy you if I said anything right now' look. And the look on Ryans face when he responds 'What.. you haven't got anything clever to say right now' .. I am not explaining this very well but my point is Ryan is soooo gay and Simon knows it. Also when the caller asked when Simon and Ryan would duke it out in a mud pit, Ryan goes 'I'm ready' and Simon said something like 'I bet you are'.

Ryan is sooo gay.

i have no idea why i get so emotionally involved in this show, but i do. when Ruben was in the bottom three, i cried like a flippin baby!

and i love the interaction with Ryan and Simon. i read somewhere that they are good friends in real life. But Ryan needs to just step out of that closet, and gay up!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Apparently David A has a stage father; who yelled at him in rehearsal for forgetting the words, and made him cry. Poor kid. I suppose it wouldn't have gone down too well when he forgot the words during the performance.
    I didn't know anything about his horrible stage dad until now, but I remember finding it strange in his interview-- he said something like, "My dad is a jazz musician..... but I've never liked jazz." I picked up on some hostility there, and now it makes sense.

I read an interesting article tonight, I think on MSNBC, of interviews from teachers and classmates of David A. I wish I had saved the link.

The classmates said they had no idea he had this ability until he was in one of the school's plays and blew everyone away. The teachers said he was painfully shy but were not surprised he's done so well in the competition since it was obvious it was his destiny. Apparently, he is a straight A student who is very quiet but goes out of his way to accommodate others and is a serious student of music, including the technical aspects as well as interpretation.

It just breaks my heart if the above is true and his father is one of those 'asshole' stage parents~

**ETA: I'll adopt him~
    Playful~

See, when I start learning about their personal lives and the scandal starts, it takes away from their singing, and I don't enjoy them as much. I hate that.

I don't think David H deserved to go home. Castro's vocal is weak, and if he was ugly he'd have gone by now. Amanda or Kristy also should have gone. That would have been my bottom three.

A*O

I don't know why they are going through the charade any more. It was obvious from the start who's going to win.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    ^

Did anyone laugh their ass off like I did when Simon said to Castro 'That sounds like a kid in his bedroom at midnight' and Ryan said something I didn't get, but then Simon said 'Ryan... Ryan be careful' and was giving him a 'I could destroy you if I said anything right now' look. And the look on Ryans face when he responds 'What.. you haven't got anything clever to say right now' .. I am not explaining this very well but my point is Ryan is soooo gay and Simon knows it. Also when the caller asked when Simon and Ryan would duke it out in a mud pit, Ryan goes 'I'm ready' and Simon said something like 'I bet you are'.

Ryan is sooo gay.

Yes, the bedroom comment made to Castro was hilarous lol. And telling Ryan to becareful was too funny.

Elite Member

It's funny, but I never got a gay vibe from Ryan until this season. There are just too many subtle references and I think Ryan's enjoying the back and forth with Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    I read an interesting article tonight, I think on MSNBC, of interviews from teachers and classmates of David A. I wish I had saved the link.

The classmates said they had no idea he had this ability until he was in one of the school's plays and blew everyone away. The teachers said he was painfully shy but were not surprised he's done so well in the competition since it was obvious it was his destiny. Apparently, he is a straight A student who is very quiet but goes out of his way to accommodate others and is a serious student of music, including the technical aspects as well as interpretation.
    They're now confirming that there was definitely a fight between David and his father, but that it was a 'normal fight' that ended as quickly as it began. What I want to know is why the hell the father is there giving direction to begin with. Isn't the mentor supposed to do that? I totally believe he has a stage Dad. The fact that the father harassed a young child on Star Search freaks me out. Here is a cute (but awkward) video where he talks about his grades, etc. He sounds like a smart kid too.

YouTube - David Archuleta Interview

Anyway....David struck me as a painfully shy kid from the beginning. I think that's why he rambles on and on during interviews and why he's so terribly uncomfortable with any compliments and the spotlight directly on him. (If he wins, he'll need media training pronto!) What's amazing to me is how confident, mature and comfortable he comes across once he hits the stage. He looks like a 12 year old in most of his pre-clips and then almost transforms once he comes out on stage. He's the sweetest boy ever so it makes me think his parents are doing something right.
    Last edited by Elisa; March 14th, 2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

^ I think when the contestants are under 18 they're supposed to have chaperones with them or something. I seem to remember something from a previous season with a younger contestant having a parent with them too.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    ^ I think when the contestants are under 18 they're supposed to have chaperones with them or something. I seem to remember something from a previous season with a younger contestant having a parent with them too.
    I'm sure you're right and I have no problem with his father's presence. I just don't know that he should be interfering with the process so much. I'm surprised they allow that.

I don't think he's as fragile as some think. He has more experience than some others he's competing with. Some expected him to crack under the judges' criticisms, but I didn't expect him too. He knows how it all goes. I think he was simply uncomfortable/unprepared with the song and was overwhelmed come performance night. I think this puts more pressure on him for next week so it will tell the tale how he handles it all.
    Last edited by Elisa; March 14th, 2008 at 09:41 AM.

The father should be there as a chaperone- sitting back, watching. Period. He shouldn't be involved, interfering, or giving David extra help.

I agree that the whole thing is just a pointless charade and they're going to give it to David Archuleta whether America chooses him or not. I believe this has been arranged since Season 1 when he and his dad reportedly met with a bunch of the American Idol team. If he has one more performance like last week, I hope that people start calling them out on the favoritism. I'm tired of the way that they baby him and shove him down our throats, especially when they're often unnecessarily harsh on everyone else.

I hope this works...once you listen to this performance, I don't see how anyone can't say he's not the best in the competition. I know there's a great deal of skepticism from some about how he got there but listen~

YouTube - American Idol 7 - David Archuleta "Imagine" by John Lennon
    Playful~

i got chills when he sang IMagine! it was wonderful
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I agree that David is extremely talented. He did an absolutely beautiful job with Imagine.
    The only thing that gets on my nerves about him is the lip licking, but he's so good I'll let it slide.

The kid is gifted!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    The only thing that gets on my nerves about him is the lip licking, but he's so good I'll let it slide.

The kid is gifted!
    holy crap! we noticed it the first time we saw him. i cannot stop looking at him when he does it! i'm trying to get over it. that, and David Cooks hair. horrible.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information