Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

Gotta warn you about the forums at TWoP, they are total board nazis there. Their rules are ridiculously strict, you can get warnings for damn near anything. If you decide to register, make sure to read the rules before you start posting. They even have rules about the names, I tried to register with the same name I use here and it got rejected for being too chatspeaky b/c of the short spaces between capital letters. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Carly and Michael were great, the rest meh.

Does anyone else think Paula is a rude bitch to Simon? Maybe I'm biased because I hater her anyway, but she's so fricking annoying. I'd have to restrain myself from backhanding her if I were Simon. She's such an idiot.
    I love how he told her to 'Shut Up'. But then I was annoyed when her response was 'Don't be respectful' in the same tone a parent would talk to their kid even though she is the one who is being the most disrespectful by never letting him speak. Who does she think she is? Paula is so full of shit, she tells them all they're fantastic, and that she 'can feel their soul', blah blah. At least Simon tells the truth. Kristy Lee DID sound like Dolly Parton on helium.

How many are voted off now? One guy, one girl? Or two guys, two girls?

^
    I think just one person

HaHa look..
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

My guesses: David H and Kristy Lee Cook are going home

^I agree. Him or Castro, but Castro's looks will save him.

Ooooooh...ohhhhhhh.... I thought 2 went home tonight! I was right all the way down to the bottom two...although, geez... that was a shock. It wasn't the one I thought would be going home. Big surprise to me!!

I was PISSED when the judges were repeatedly saying "America got it right" with the bottom 3. David "Mouth Breather" Archuleta should have been up there. He didn't even know the lyrics to his song. There's no excuse for being that unprepared. It's unprofessional and disrespectful. And even if he did just get so nervous he couldn't remember the words, that just tells me that maybe he's not ready to be a pop star.

IMO it was not just HIS weakest performance but one of the weakest performances of the whole season. To say that he didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3 is absurd. I'm tired of the way the judges have their little pets who are promoted and praised, especially when it's at the expense of other contestants, even when they completely fuck up. I won't be watching anymore.
    Last edited by southernbelle; March 12th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.

i am a BIG david Archuleta fan. That being said, i was disappointed with his performance this week. southern i disagree completely with most of what you said, but thats the beauty of this contest (and GR!). Part of what has kept him here is his past performances, and that is truly what keeps a LOT of the performers in the competition. if he had truly sucked the past few weeks, for sure he would have gone home.

i was sure that Kristi would have gone home, but hey, i also thought that Fantasia wouldnt have won her season LOL
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I was PISSED when the judges were repeatedly saying "America got it right" with the bottom 3. David "Mouth Breather" Archuleta should have been up there. He didn't even know the lyrics to his song. There's no excuse for being that unprepared. It's unprofessional and disrespectful. And even if he did just get so nervous he couldn't remember the words, that just tells me that maybe he's not ready to be a pop star.

IMO it was not just HIS weakest performance but one of the weakest performances of the whole season. To say that he didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3 is absurd. I'm tired of the way the judges have their little pets who are promoted and praised, especially when it's at the expense of other contestants, even when they completely fuck up. I won't be watching anymore.

ETA: OMG could they have shown more shots of sanjaya??????
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i am a BIG david Archuleta fan. That being said, i was disappointed with his performance this week. southern i disagree completely with most of what you said, but thats the beauty of this contest (and GR!). Part of what has kept him here is his past performances, and that is truly what keeps a LOT of the performers in the competition. if he had truly sucked the past few weeks, for sure he would have gone home.

i was sure that Kristi would have gone home, but hey, i also thought that Fantasia wouldnt have won her season LOL
    Kristy deserved to go home tonight, even she thought so. David Hernandez was a better singer/performer than Kristy was. When it was down to the two of them and Seacrest said she was safe, my jaw dropped... and I wondered if this turn of events was because of the whole controversy surrounding David's past job as a male stripper.

My husband made an interesting point, he said that everyone knew he was a stripper and to talk about his previous job as a pizza guy, without mentioning the stripping thing was like he just lied to everyone watching. He could very well have a point because he should not have been sent home tonight.

WHY is Amanda still there? People actually like her voice? Bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    ^
    I think just one person

HaHa look..
    I Have PMS and a Handgun....
    Any Questions?

Elite Member

Is anyone seriously surprised David A. wasn't in the bottom 3? The kid is still #1 on DialIdol.com and has a rabid fanbase. The fight is for 2nd place. I just heard his studio version of We Can Work It Out and there's no doubt whatsoever that the kid can sing this song. It's an awesome version. I think he was majorly distracted the other night - perhaps from his alleged run-in with his Dad - and certainly not from lack of ability, maturity or experience, etc. He's got both in spades, not to mention he's the most adorable contestant ever on Idol!

David H. should still be there. It's just wrong he's gone. WRONG.

Apparently David A has a stage father; who yelled at him in rehearsal for forgetting the words, and made him cry. Poor kid. I suppose it wouldn't have gone down too well when he forgot the words during the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Apparently David A has a stage father; who yelled at him in rehearsal for forgetting the words, and made him cry. Poor kid. I suppose it wouldn't have gone down too well when he forgot the words during the performance.
    he yelled at my David A? what a fucker!!!!!!!!!

i think this site might explain why Amanda is still in

Vote for the Worst

this is also from their site

Rumors are circulating that David Archuleta (pictured, left, grinning stupidly with a puppy) is dealing with his dad Jeff Archuleta, the stage dad from hell. But besides the fact that Jeff probably pushes his kid way too hard, he has previous Idol connections. His cached Loopwise page states that his company Arch Music Group has "spent the last 5 years working with American Idol and Star Search performers as well as young up and coming singers and songwriters who want to compete in the top 40 arena." Well we know he probably counts his son as the Star Search performer, but the Idol connection is interesting. As if David didn't already have the previous connection where he met with Idol producers during season one, now his dad has been working with show contestants. We'll do some more digging and let you know what we find out. This season of Idol is like a giant forest... of suck.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information