Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

I wish David had sung Hey Jude. I think that would have been perfect for him. The only problem with it would have been that Simon has already warned him about picking too many sad songs...so while I think he would have aced it, I'm afraid it would have been received with some criticism. But he did royally mess up the one he chose. Poor guy. I'm with Icepick tho...I just love him.
    Playful~

I usually like him, but if that had been anyone else delivering that performance the judges would have laughed them off the stage and told them they had no business being there. When it's David they're just like, "Oh, it wasn't your best but you're still the greatest thing to ever hit the face of the earth!"

Elite Member

I'm a bit worried what the reaction will be tomorrow night when David A. makes it through the round 'cause he will make it through. Forgetting the lyrics is a pretty major screw up. People have been wanting to see him mess up badly for awhile to put him in his place. He's not going anywhere though. If anything, this will only encourage people to vote more for him out of fear this could be the end of the road.

And let's not forget that not everyone cares whether he's the best (or worst) singer. It's mostly a popularity contest and he's TCO. They figure, like everyone, he's entitled to a bad night and he's too adorable to boot.

I haven't seen it yet, still gotta wait a couple of hours, but tell me they don't praise Amanda. FUCK!

I agree with ya'll about David-- he tried to follow Simon's advice, and ended up with a little bit of a stinker.
    I still think he's great though. Ballads are more his thing. Hey Jude would've been perfect.

Amanda sucked as usual.

I really didn't enjoy tonight all that much, but then again I don't like the Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I'm a bit worried what the reaction will be tomorrow night when David A. makes it through the round 'cause he will make it through. Forgetting the lyrics is a pretty major screw up. People have been wanting to see him mess up badly for awhile to put him in his place. He's not going anywhere though. If anything, this will only encourage people to vote more for him out of fear this could be the end of the road.

And let's not forget that not everyone cares whether he's the best (or worst) singer. It's mostly a popularity contest and he's TCO. They figure, like everyone, he's entitled to a bad night and he's too adorable to boot.
    I don't understand that part. I'm not arguing with you, Elisa, because I've read elsewhere that he hasn't been well-received with some....BUT I just don't get it. He is one of the nicest people on the show. He comes across as very humble and I for one believe it is sincere. Even when he's received such high praise and applause for his performances, you see him trying to deflect it away from him and onto the other contestants as if 'Hey, they did a great job too'.

I know I must be projecting some of my feelings onto him since (I'm repeating myself) he reminds me so much of my nephew. But I truly believe he has such a gift~
    Playful~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    I don't understand that part. I'm not arguing with you, Elisa, because I've read elsewhere that he hasn't been well-received with some....BUT I just don't get it. He is one of the nicest people on the show. He comes across as very humble and I for one believe it is sincere. Even when he's received such high praise and applause for his performances, you see him trying to deflect it away from him and onto the other contestants as if 'Hey, they did a great job too'.

I know I must be projecting some of my feelings onto him since (I'm repeating myself) he reminds me so much of my nephew. But I truly believe he has such a gift~
    I understand what you're saying and I'm not one of those wishing him to do badly. I have a real soft spot for him like most people. He has a lot of bashers over at TwoP. They resent that he's been anointed TCO. Maybe their reasons are valid, but the pimping by TPTB is not the kid's fault and I think that's the sad part. Some of the comments over there are quite harsh.

I, too, find him genuinely sweet and humble. I think many expected him to crack tonight when getting criticized. I was extremely impressed by how well he accepted their comments. There were no excuses, no talking back. It made me realize that the kid, despite his young age, really is a pro. He's been doing this for many years. Heck, I'm sure he even thanked Paula last week for her comment that he 'proved he wasn't this make believe person that can do everything perfect" with is Paradise performance. It was almost as though he was relieved someone got that he wasn't perfect. I think many just expect that he's going to come out every week and blow us away. That's unfair.

I thought Jason Castro was terrible. He didn't have the voice to carry 'If I Fell'.

David Cook was great.

Carly is the best female singer in my opinion. Loved her version of 'Come Together'.

Amanda sucked as usual. I'm glad Simon said he couldn't understand what she was singing because that's exactly how I felt.

Michael was fantastic. I love his voice.

Chikezie did a great job.

Kristy- oh my god, awful.

David A - he's so very cute, but he didn't give a great performance.

Who does everyone think is on their way home?

Carly was great - IMO she's the best female singer this year.

David A wasnt good, but I still think he is awesome and adorable.

Kristy -I hope she goes home, don't know what she was thinking turning a beatles song into a country tune.

David Cook - I'm beginning to like this guy.

Amanda - I agree with Simon, I didnt understand a word she sang besides the song title.

Jason - I think this guy is overrated, and will not win.

David H - I was keen to see his dance moves lol.

Overall, IMO, Carly was the best tonight. I've forgotten about the rest.

Carly and Michael were great, the rest meh.

Does anyone else think Paula is a rude bitch to Simon? Maybe I'm biased because I hater her anyway, but she's so fricking annoying. I'd have to restrain myself from backhanding her if I were Simon. She's such an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Carly and Michael were great, the rest meh.

Does anyone else think Paula is a rude bitch to Simon? Maybe I'm biased because I hater her anyway, but she's so fricking annoying. I'd have to restrain myself from backhanding her if I were Simon. She's such an idiot.
    i think Paula is a bitch to Simon. he doesnt say shit when she's rambling on and on, but vice versa...

i loved Chikezie's performance, and carly's. the rest? so-so. even my cute little David Archuleta and Jason were not so hot. i'd say good bye to Kristie Lee Cook. 8 days a week, we're going to hear it again as a goodbye song, lucky us! also, stand by for Katherine McPhee! (hold out the vomit bag)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    He has a lot of bashers over at TwoP. They resent that he's been anointed TCO. Maybe their reasons are valid, but the pimping by TPTB is not the kid's fault and I think that's the sad part. Some of the comments over there are quite harsh.
    What do the bolded things stand for?

I'm curious to read some of the bashers' comments.

TWoP = Television Without Pity (www.televisionwithoutpity.com), it's a website/forum all about TV. Hilariousness.

TCO= The Chosen One

TPTB= The Powers That Be

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    TWoP = Television Without Pity (www.televisionwithoutpity.com), it's a website/forum all about TV. Hilariousness.

TCO= The Chosen One

TPTB= The Powers That Be
    Thank you!!

I'm gonna go have a look over there at TWoP.

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i think Paula is a bitch to Simon. he doesnt say shit when she's rambling on and on, but vice versa...

i loved Chikezie's performance, and carly's. the rest? so-so. even my cute little David Archuleta and Jason were not so hot. i'd say good bye to Kristie Lee Cook. 8 days a week, we're going to hear it again as a goodbye song, lucky us! also, stand by for Katherine McPhee! (hold out the vomit bag)
    OMG!! I didn't think about the fact that Kristy Lee Cook has to sing that song if...WHEN... she leaves tonight.

Thread Information