Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think Melinda will make one good-selling album (maybe two), and get some work on Broadway and other live shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    You mean the contestants whom the producers wanted to win "got the votes." Sorry, but I think this competition and its guidelines and rules have loopholes to allow the producers to effect exactly the kind of result they want. This season, it was Sanjaya's timely exit right before the charity show. It's all planned week by week.

The winner is always based on who they believe will sell the most units and garner the best and most publicity - with the exception of Ruben, who was "voted in" because the producers did not believe that America was ready for a gay Idol.
    I don't know about that. Why would they have allowed Taylor Hicks to win last season, instead of Chris Daughtry or even Katherine McPhee. Out of the three from last season, I have heard Daughtry has made quite a name for himself and yet, I've heard absolutely nothing about Taylor; like he never existed at all.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, I agree... I still think they pull some strings though... right now they're probably weighing who will be the bigger buzz-getter and unit-seller - Blake or Jordin? I personally think Jordin. Blake does absolutely nothing for me - and my 23 yr old daughter feels the same way.

this just sucks. i could have bet on my life that Melinda would be in the final two. its a tragedy i tell you. She is a fabulous singer and looked like a great person too.

Elite Member

melinda was just too old looking and she got really cocky at the end

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by princesspink View Post
    this just sucks. i could have bet on my life that Melinda would be in the final two. its a tragedy i tell you. She is a fabulous singer and looked like a great person too.
    Yeah, and she looked really good and much looser last night too.

I'm betting that Simon and Co. will do something with Lakisha and Melinda. They have too much natural, developable talent to let it all go to waste. I hate the idea of Lakisha in that damn bank job and Melinda singing backup.

Elite Member

Though I don't think she fit Idol's image, I don't think we've seen/heard the last of Melinda. She's one talented lady. I thought Blake would go last night. I think Jordin's a sure thing - she's been my favorite all along - but who ever knows how these things go anymore?

^ Have you guys noticed the difference between the Melinda who auditioned and the Melinda who was performing last night? I didnt ever think she would look the way she does now. I bet she could fit the Idol image.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by princesspink View Post
    Have you guys noticed the difference between the Melinda who auditioned and the Melinda who was performing last night?

I didnt ever think she would look the way she does now. I bet she could fit the Idol image.
    Seems like she should've gotten with the current program about 5-6 weeks ago...

I don't think Melinda or Lakisha has anything to worry about. I am willing to bet they have already both been offered recording deals.

Ever notice its always the early contestants that cry and get upset that they are leaving, but the ones in the top five never look that upset? They are secured a deal by someone, no doubt

I'm watching it now. I've always watched the final show and maybe one or two during the season. I think it's a fun, well produced final show.

I see it's Jordan and Blake. Having not seen the entire process, I'm a bit shocked that Blake made it this far. He can't sing. I really mean that. Reminds me of Justin the first year with Kelly Clarkson. He couldn't sing in my opinion.

Good luck Jordan. She's adorable and has a lovely voice.

Wow - Bushbaby made an appearance. What an unfortunate lookin' guy

Wow! Jordan and Ruben Studdard were fantastic! They need to record it as a single.

And Joe Perry from Aerosmith is still smokin' hot.
    Last edited by Chalet; May 23rd, 2007 at 08:51 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow, Joe Perry. They really dig up from outta the past huh. I love his voice.

Okay, I missed it...who won? It just got over here,but i completely got wrapped up in other stuff and missed it. I loved Blake and wanted him to win, but i have a feeling that Jordin took it. The final song last night was definitely not a good fit for Blake, but Jordin did well. I'm anxious to find out the results.

Thread Information