Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

I'm not a fan of this program at all. Only watched because my, former, idol Barry Gibb was on. I think the 17 year old, Jordin, has an amazing voice and he was right about her version of "To Love Somebody", that one was unbelievable. However, she totally ruined "Woman in Love" by using her full volume for the ENTIRE length of the segment. It's a love song, dearie, not a foghorn calling in the ships during bad weather!

The guy just got on my nerves with his weird style. Yeah, he's good at it, but like Randy said: you don't have to use it on EVERY song.

Lakisha's type of voice is very strong and steady, however also quite limited as far as genre goes.
    The other lady, forgot her name, did a good job with one of the songs.
    All in all, many comments read that you can't test people's true talent until you've had them sing songs outside of their own personal comfort zone. This episode sure was proof of that.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I think Melinda and Jordin will be in the finale for some reason now.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The various pundits on online newspapers are saying Blake and Melinda... I don't know... maybe Jordin will be saved even though she apparently didn't have a good night last night.

Am I the only one who though Melinda did HORRIBLY with that Whitney song? Her voice was all over the fucking place and the judges didn't seem to care. On that last note she sounded as bad as the justin timberlake guy when he tried to find the note while singing.

Also, did anyone think she looked uber smug? Its like she gave up the puppy dog "you really like and ain't gon' hit me?" face and replaced it with "Yeah, eat that Bitches"?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Knowing that in advance would probably have made me watch the show, instead of taking a pass.

DialIdol has Blake going home tonight

DialIdol Rank Contestant Score Actual Rank

1-3 Melinda Doolittle - 29.67

1-3 Jordin Sparks - 27.74

1-3 Blake Lewis - 27.15

Yep, I bet Blake goes home tonight. I like that kiddo, he's been fun to watch.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I just checked another message board, since it will be 2-1/2 hours before it airs in my area. Any guesses? Anybody on the West Coast (or westward) who wants to know, PM me.

i think melinda will go - i think that simon knows it too and that's why he pushed for her so hard.

WooooHooooo!!!! I got my wish, but i won't ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

I bet it's Melinda.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^^yes!!...blakes Gonna Take The Cake....even Though I Know Jordan Will.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Elite Member

Melinda definitely had the best voice but she didn't have the American Idol image at all. She seemed a lot older than her age and her style was a lot more mature. Jordin and Blake have youth and image on their side but Blake is by far the unique one. He's the one that stands out. The problem I have with Jordin is that she's never consistent. You just never know when she'll have a good performance because at 17 she doesn't have full control of her voice.

IMO it's not just about having a good voice. The public pretty much seems to favor performers who are different....look at Fantasia and Taylor Hicks. They weren't the strongest singers. Diana DeGarmo had a stronger voice than Fantasia. Katharine McPhee had a stronger voice than Taylor Hicks. Yet the contestants who didn't have the stronger voices got the winning vote at the end.

Jordin better have a flawless performance next week, because if she doesn't, Blake's going to win this competition hands down.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Yet the contestants who didn't have the stronger voices got the winning vote at the end.
    You mean the contestants whom the producers wanted to win "got the votes." Sorry, but I think this competition and its guidelines and rules have loopholes to allow the producers to effect exactly the kind of result they want. This season, it was Sanjaya's timely exit right before the charity show. It's all planned week by week.

The winner is always based on who they believe will sell the most units and garner the best and most publicity - with the exception of Ruben, who was "voted in" because the producers did not believe that America was ready for a gay Idol.

I was quite shocked. i thought my boy Blake would go last night. Poor Melinda, she's a great singer but I don't know how marketable she is. Jordin, will get the Melinda voters I think and win the season.

Thread Information