Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Hit By Ban Bus!

Interesting. I think she's tired of the whole thing, from what I've been reading. Who knows what the real story is behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    why does everyone think chris is going when he got raves from the judges? lakisha is out.
    But, it doesn't really matter what the judges think. Their opinions mean nothing - think Sanjaya and his way too long a stint

Anyway, I just don't like him, his nasally voice or his G.I. Joe doll hair.

It's just a hunch that Chris may be toast. But Lakisha is a strong possiblity as well. Actually, at this point in the game, anything is possible. There's always a "shocker" around this time in the season. It's usually at #4, but you never know. Especially since last night's "very special episode" had over 80 million votes, there could have been alot more newbies voting, so it could be totally unpredictable tonite.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    But, it doesn't really matter what the judges think. Their opinions mean nothing - think Sanjaya and his way too long a stint

Anyway, I just don't like him, his nasally voice or his G.I. Joe doll hair.
    but i think people new sanjaya was a joke from the get go. i do believe people respect the judges opinions. im not saying it necessarily influences their vote, but they do believe if simon says someone sucked, that person sucked. i kinda like chris because hes cute (i know, i know) but everyone else looks way too old. except jordin. those are my faves. i think it'll be melinda and jordan for the final two, though.

I had a feeling tonight's shocker would be that no one got voted off.

That was kindof a bust, lol. But all the charity was nice, yay AI Gives Back- I like it.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I was bawling like a baby through most of the show. I honestly lost interest in whether anyone was going home or not, the show was heartbreaking. The sickness and the orphaned children fending for themselves...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I had a feeling tonight's shocker would be that no one got voted off.
    What? It's 9:25pm here and I haven't turned on the DVR yet. No one got voted off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    What? It's 9:25pm here and I haven't turned on the DVR yet. No one got voted off?
    Nope. They are going to boot 2 off next week, instead.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Argh! They made the show about charity, but that's actually a good thing I guess.

Elite Member

Great American Idol show tonight. What a great cause. When you see the images of all those poor orphaned and sick children, is there any reason to doubt WHY so many people adopt? God bless every person (famous or not) who adopts children and loves them as their own. In my eyes there's a special place in heaven for people like that.

Kudos to all the stars who participated in the show. I love Ben Stiller. He is so funny.

Also, the highlight for me was Celine and Elvis 'singing' together. I LOVED the way they combined Elvis' image with Celine Dion's onstage. It was soooo realistic. That was a great song they sang, "If I Can Dream". God, that man was so handsome. It was almost eery seeing it. It was like they brought back Elvis from the dead!

I agree was a great show it almost brought me to tears and some parts. I'm glad that they are trying to make a difference.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Also, the highlight for me was Celine and Elvis 'singing' together. I LOVED the way they combined Elvis' image with Celine Dion's onstage. It was soooo realistic. That was a great song they sang, "If I Can Dream". God, that man was so handsome. It was almost eery seeing it. It was like they brought back Elvis from the dead!
    I agree PrettyGirl. That was the highlight for me too. That's why I was really surprised to read this :

Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up: For a crowd who had been anticipating surprise duet, there was an audible letdown when it was Celine Dion and Elvis Presley, who made a "guest appearance" next to her in the form of a 1968 performance. There were grumblings and light boos from the audience, who talked amongst themselves during the performance. Much more well-received was Annie Lennox's show-stopping closing performance of Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water." While Lennox sat down at her piano to prepare for her song, an excited Ellen DeGeneres came over to greet and hug the British singer.
    Wednesday's Idol: What You Didn't See | American Idol (Series) : People.com

I don't know about anyone else, but my perception was that the audience was pretty enthusiastic and blown away. I know I was!
    Last edited by Elisa; April 27th, 2007 at 04:03 PM.

Elite Member

I agree, the audience sounded extremely happy on tv...all you heard was nothing but cheering during the duet. If there were in fact some disappointed people in the studio audience, it was probably because they were expecting a LIVE duet, someone famous in the flesh and what they got instead was a videotaped image. So maybe for them it was disappointing, but for the majority of Americans who were home watching the show on t.v., it was a wonderful surprise 'seeing' Elvis walk out on stage. I think it was a big hit--everyone here at work talked about it and they loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post

That was so cool! How did they do that anyway?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Thread Information