Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Her jiggling got old even to Simon. Good riddance. Now if Sangina would just follow her out the door life would be peachy.

Elite Member

Sorry, but I hated Jennifer Lopez's performance tonight. She's pretty, she dresses nice, she has a great body and she even appears to be cool on a one-on-one basis, but her singing voice is so baaaaad. Some of the lyrics you couldn't even understand with her sorry-ass Spanish and the bands super loud background music trying to camoflouge her puny, pitchy voice.

J.Lo may know a lot about the music business from Marc Anthony and all her other various connections, but she should stick to producing records or finding exceptional talent in the music world. Actress, dancer, even clothes designer I'll give her, but she is NOT a singer because her voice is really, really weak and it majorly sucks.

I was glad that Haley got voted off.

Throughout her last two performances I have been laughing my arse off at how she throws her head back, kicks back one leg and pulls that face that she pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I was glad that Haley got voted off.

Throughout her last two performances I have been laughing my arse off at how she throws her head back, kicks back one leg and pulls that face that she pulls.
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Sorry, but I hated Jennifer Lopez's performance tonight. She's pretty, she dresses nice, she has a great body and she even appears to be cool on a one-on-one basis, but her singing voice is so baaaaad. Some of the lyrics you couldn't even understand with her sorry-ass Spanish and the bands super loud background music trying to camoflouge her puny, pitchy voice.

J.Lo may know a lot about the music business from Marc Anthony and all her other various connections, but she should stick to producing records or finding exceptional talent in the music world. Actress, dancer, even clothes designer I'll give her, but she is NOT a singer because her voice is really, really weak and it majorly sucks.
    ITA. I thought she was really bad. She should stick to acting.

Yay Haley's gone.

I don't watch the show but was interested to see what Haley looked like based on your comments so I went to the website to check out a picture. Wasn't impressed, but then again it was just a headshot. What struck me though was reading through her little interview. She couldn't mention God or family enough, it was so trite and phony. Then they asked "who is your favorite American Idol?" And she replied, "Celine Dion, of course!" You dumb wench, she's Canadian.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

J.Lo was fabulous. She is such a good performer. The part when she went downstage and did some moves, she left me speechless. I know everyone doesnt thing she is a great singer, but u gotta give it to her...she is a great performer.

JLo gives it all she's got, she's not half-arsed about performing. I give her credit for that, even though I am not a fan of her voice nor music.

Elite Member

I'm sorry, but I think J.Lo is too dramatic onstage. She makes these faces like she's in pain--she's trying too hard to be 'passionate' and it ends up being ridiculous. I know that if someone isn't familiar with the Spanish language you can't really understand the lyrics, so it's hard to understand what I mean, but it's like someone singing "You upset me" and Jennifer's making faces like "You killed me". Just because we're latin doesn't mean we walk around like this perpetual ball of fiery emotions 24 hrs a day.

"Giving it all she's got" is equivalent to trying to compensate for her lack of voice. Anyone can look good with choreographed moves and tons of special-effects, smoke, backup dancers and super loud music. Even Sanjaya himself would look half-way decent with all that behind him. If Jennifer Lopez was an unknown she was one of the American Idol contestants, she would've been voted off eons ago and Simon would've torn her to shreds. Her singing voice is HORRIBLE.

Elite Member

^^the funny thing is, she almost admitted to having a week voice herself. when they showed a clip of her mentoring, she goes "it doesnt matter if you have the best voice in the world, or the worst one, it just matters if you can make someone feel" um. meaning, shake ur ass and mask how bad u sound with strange faces?

Elite Member

RE: JLo
    Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    ITA. I thought she was really bad. She should stick to acting.
    God no! She's the worst actress out there and the complete failure of all of her movies is a testament to that.

Nah nah nah nah, Nah nah nah nah, Hey Haylie...Goodbye!

Did anyone see on Yahoo! yesterday? they said hot pants is gone as the headliner about American idol. I thought that was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    RE: JLo

God no! She's the worst actress out there and the complete failure of all of her movies is a testament to that.
    Out of Sight is the only movie she has been good in - that car booth scene with G Clooney was hot.

Elite Member

well Martina was ok, i thought. Im glad Melinda took 10yrs off her age. she looks 30 instead of her usual 40. I really like Chris and Jordin looked gorgeous.

Thread Information