Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I do like Melinda a lot, but I'm bothered by the no-neck hunched up shoulder thing. I think she's toned down the aw shucks me? thing a bit. Her singing is great, she's a good performer, but she doesn't strike me as a pop star..
    i dont get the no-neck thing with her. i notice when she's singing, it comes out of the shell (like a turtle head) but when she goes before the judges, its gone.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i dont get the no-neck thing with her. i notice when she's singing, it comes out of the shell (like a turtle head) but when she goes before the judges, its gone.
    It's a self confidence/uncomfortableness thing I think. She hunches up when feeling very uncomfortable but once the song starts and she's into it she lowers the shoulders and the neck reappears. It's the bad singing habit that the coaches really should be working the hardest to break in her because it is very distracting.

But she really does have practically no neck ... did you see the pic of her when she was younger?

Hit By Ban Bus!

That looks photoshopped to me Seriously.

Yeah, except it's not ...

The rest of the contestants as babies

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow. Well I guess she'll just have to be coached to keep relaxing so what she does have will show and not look so strange. I'm glad you guys are posting in here it reminds me to set my DVR.

Funny, I knew a girl who looked a whole lot like Melinda facially, about 20 years ago. She had a very short neck, too. When she wore a puffy coat with a collar, it looked like she had no neck at all.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Melinda's lack of neck truly bothers me, it's disconcerting.

I'm rooting for Jordin. She's a joy to watch.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It sure seems like Jordin is gaining strength, and could be the winner.

Mindy Doo: Liked it, thought she performed the song well, but the song (Sway) is just so old fashioned, like something I'd hear on my grandma's radio station. It was good, but like Simon was saying, she needs to WOW everyone. She started off with her own bar raised so high, that her excellent performances are fading into the background because the others are less predictable (& in a way, that's more exciting...?)

Lakisha: I am one of those folks who strongly believes that Gloria Estefan should be the only person legally allowed to sing Conga. EVERY BLASTED OTHER PERSON sounds rushed & manic. I realized that I was checking my computer screen so that I wouldn't see her wriggle, er, dance. Wig looked too wiggy tonight, and she looked stiff. Girlfriend just always looks like she'd feel much happier in a sweatsuit.

Chris: Beginning was rough but I liked it a lot after he got it together. He's a cutie.

Haley: Ooo short shorts. What a surprise. Sounded especially weak tonight. Damn, I was SO hoping she would fall on her ass when she ran up the stairs. Boooo, get her trampy ass off this show. Simon is KING tonight, for calling her out on her skimpy clothes.

Phil: Looks a mite better with the jaunty cap, I could actually look at him tonight. I struggled with this one, because I love the original version so much, so it fails by comparison, and it sounded funny hearing it sung with no accent. I suppose it was ok, he did hit some big notes at the end, albeit with a crack or 2.

Jordin: Looked really, really good tonight, very polished & sophisticated. Sounded a *tiny* bit shrieky in 2 spots, but overall a decent performance. Not great.

Blake: I agree totally with the judges, excellent song choice. He never seems nervous when he performs, & just has a great time. Sounded good. For some reason, I think this guy would be really fun at a party.

Sanjaya: Haircut, facial hair, singing in Spanish... has that ever been done on AI? Good song choice, since it's soft & he apparently has no ability to belt it out... overall, not terrible. Not terrible at all! Like Paula said, it was nice. LOL I typed all this before Simon said it "wasn't horrible"

Although I like Gwen Stefani better than Jennifer Lopez, gotta say that JLo showed much more personality than Gwen during the process. At least, what we were allowed to see.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I was actually surprised that Simon called Haley out on her "wearing the least amount of clothes possible to get votes". Wow, go Simon.

And yes, although I do find Jennifer Lopez more annoying than Gwen Stefani in general, I did find Jennifer helped the contestants a little more, hence the two were there to COACH, where Gwen seemed to just criticize and give her opinion about their quality of singing.
    Go Habs Go!!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    I do find Jennifer Lopez more annoying than Gwen Stefani in general, I did find Jennifer helped the contestants a little more, hence the two were there to COACH, where Gwen seemed to just criticize and give her opinion about their quality of singing.
    I agree 100%. Jennifer gave all the contestants good advice and she seemed to really work on their strengths. She didn't put any of them down and she did help them perform better. Gwen, on the contrary was a real bitch. She was dry, negative and acted like a 'Simon Jr'....lol

Elite Member

finally, people are seeing stefani for the fake pretentious twat she is

^^ I used to loooooooooooove, I mean lurve Gwen during her No Doubt "Don't Speak", "Sunday Morning" days. I even had platinum blond streaks, and bought the leopard print skirt, black cardigan and rhinestone necklance look she had in Sunday Morning video, just to emulate her.

Then she went solo and started all these demands, such as being the opening performance at an awards show a few years ago and threatened not to go to if not. The awards show didn't comply, yet she went anyway.

Ever since those diva demand ways, I've lost some respect for her.
    Go Habs Go!!

Hayley is sooooooo boring. She really does sound like a lounge singer/cruise ship type entertainer. Everything is pretty and nice and boring.

Sanjaya is slowly learning to sex the camera- highly disconcerting.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Thread Information