Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Hit By Ban Bus!

Nice. Hope the weather's nice for you! I missed last night, forgot to set my DVR.

Ok, here's my take:
    Blake-I love this dude I think he's the best male talent this year. However, he didn't do the song as well as he could've, didn't listen to Tony Bennet. When Bobby Darin sang it, there was more snap to the lyrics. Watch "Beyond the Sea", Kevin Spacey does the song really good. But it was still a very good performance.

Phil- I thought he did really good, the judges just tear him apart each week. The fact he was singing to his wife, I thought it was sweet. He's nothing to look at, but he does have a good voice.

Melinda-She is AMAZING. That's all I gotta say, though I agree with the "who ME?? Talented??" look everytime the judges compliment her. It's getting a little annoying, but it could be how she truly feels, since she was a backup singer for so long, maybe she was put down again and again.

Chris - he's a cutie, and he entertained very well.

Gina -I like that song, she did the best she could for being a rocker chick.

Sanjaya- what is there to say? John Travolta suit, dancing with Paula. I was dying. Ok, he can carry a tune, but he's like a high school talent show guy, NOT American Idol, though he does liven it up, you wanna know what he's going to do next with his hair and stuff. The judges have just given up.

Haley-When she wore that outfit a few weeks ago and Simon complimented her, she found his weakness and is using it to her advantage, prancing in revealing sex-kitten outfits. And it was a pageant performance and she didn't listen to Tony. She should go sing on a cruise ship.

Lakisha- Very good performance, but didn't take Tony's advice.

Lots of them didn't take his advice. Tony Bennett is awesome. My hubby & I saw him live a couple years ago and he is really a class act. I don't think alot of those contestants realized who they were dealing with.

i think it was very arrogant (and stupid) of Lakisha not to take Tony Bennett's advice.
    Haley's EYEBROWS kill me. They are as weak and thin as her voice. What was up with that face she made after the judges comments?

Blake is adorable.
    hope he wins

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wish I hadn't missed last night's episode. I would have loved to hear all this excellent advice Tony Bennett gave, and seen the results of Lakisha and others not taking his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    ^ Lobelia, I agree with you 100%. I could've written your post above. Especially about Haley being a good trophy wife. God, you read my mind! I also really looooved Blake and Melinda's performances too.

..and just for a sidenote here, I'm not a fan of Tony Bennett by any means, but I have to say he was very gracious and I loved the fact that he pretty much had something positive to offer all the idol contestants. He seems like a gracious man who offers constructive criticism from the perspective of someone who's been in the business for a long, long time.
    I thought it was so sweet that he got all choked up talking about the song Gina was going to sing, saying it reminded him of 9/11 and the troops in Iraq, and that he prays they all come home safely...

Sanjaya is getting kind of cocky. What did he say to Simon? "Get into my world" or something like that.

I'm actually glad to see Sanjaya being a bit cocky and not taking things too seriously. Those first few weeks when they kept telling him he was safe, he looked so fragile and like he just wanted to go home. It can't be easy being ridiculed like he has been, so I'm glad to see him making the best of his time on the show. It shows a lot of courage I think.

As for tonight, i'm pretty sure Haley is toast. But I'm sure she'll be able to find work on a cruise ship, no problem.

Bronze Member

^^That's what I find totally unappealing about him. You can't be a sweet, innocent young boy and a cocky little shmuck who constantly talks back to the judges. Pick one.

I think he's getting alot of advice from people to be cocky and act like the criticism doesn't bother him. Inside, I'm sure it still does. I'm just glad I don't have to see it and feel sorry for him.

Ok. Who got kicked off tonight?

Gina! I thnk it was the thing in her tongue.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This season is not going too well.... Chris Sligh & Gina are gone, and Haley & Sanjaya are still here.

Boooooooooo
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

This is shaping up to be the worst American Idol ever.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well it's about to come on here, and I'm only watching to catch Tony Bennett. I'm extremely annoyed that Gina is gone before Haley and Sanjaya. (Chris too)

Sorry Tony was sick, Mira! Forgot to mention...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information