Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    What really sucks, more than just Stephanie leaving, is that Sanjaya now gets to go on the tour.

There was a first hand account of last week's results show, saying Sanjaya was constantly talking to Hayley during that whole time where they didn't know which was in the bottom three. It basically said she was ignoring him but he just kept on talking.

This is even worse than Kevin "Chicken Little" Covais from last season. At least Kevin didn't creep me out like Sanjaya does.
    I really don't think Hayley's all that either so she really should have paid him a bit of attention. I don't know that she still deserves to be there either.

My biggest fear with Sanjaya is that he probably really believes he's that good.

Belinda and Lakisha are undeniably the best of the bunch, but Jordin is both a great singer, sweet and - most importantly - marketable. She'll give them all a run for their money. I think we can all agree that the Idol crown will go to a female this year.

Loved Peter and LuLu. Great mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    this bitc....ok this litte girl was on GMA, or TODAY this morning, i was like huh?.....what?.....r u 4real?...because she cried!
    WTF? Please tell me this didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Isn't 13 a little old for that kind behavior? I thought she was like 8. Damn, at 13 I was crying alright, but that's because the boy next door was a little too big. I'm joking! He wasn't that big.
    13? She was 13? I'm with you, I thought she was like 8! 10 at most! What a strange child.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    this bitc....ok this litte girl was on GMA, or TODAY this morning, i was like huh?.....what?.....r u 4real?...because she cried!
    Great. Now this weird behavior is being massively reinforced. She'll be crying like this for the rest of her life.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by ANC View Post
    Wasn't it Chris R. that sang this song? :shrug:
    Yes. Thanks for the correction. Phil sang Tobacco Road and did a damn good job, considering Eric Burdon's version is a classic on the rock/pop world (other more obscure and fabulous versions are out there - John D. Loudermilk, The Nashville Teens, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I really don't think Hayley's all that either so she really should have paid him a bit of attention. I don't know that she still deserves to be there either.
    Yeah I agree, I thought she should have been cut a while ago.

Next week's theme and guest mentor: pop (boring!) - for a while it was rumored to be the 90's then it suddenly changed to pop. Not sure if it was always pop or maybe they couldn't get the rights to enough 90's songs. The guest mentor is Gwen Stefani, and she'll perform "Sweet Escape" with Akon on Wednesday's show.

Another note: if you're recording next Tuesday's show, make sure to record the next show also ... they're extending the show by 7 minutes (8:00-9:07). Fox claims it's to fit everyone in (2 hour show down to 1 hour) but everyone else is saying it's to stop people from watching the first DWTS results show. Hilarious!

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I believe this ploy. It was used during the second and third runs of The Apprentice and in addition to the show being crap after first season, was yet another reason I stopped watching.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    Yeah I agree, I thought she should have been cut a while ago.

Next week's theme and guest mentor: pop (boring!) - for a while it was rumored to be the 90's then it suddenly changed to pop. Not sure if it was always pop or maybe they couldn't get the rights to enough 90's songs. The guest mentor is Gwen Stefani, and she'll perform "Sweet Escape" with Akon on Wednesday's show.
    I'm really excited about next week's mentor. Perfect choice!

Does anyone not want to be spoiled about the mentor? I guess I'll still hide it: At first I was surprised because you don't think of Gwen being a great singer (as the judges always like to remind us, "this IS a singing competition") but she is very original. And she always "makes it her own." She's a pro at taking old songs, updating them and making them popular again (Rich Girl and Wind It Up) ... which is basically what the Idols are trying to do, right? So I guess she's perfect. I love her, so I can't wait to see how she is as a mentor. I hope Kingston makes an appearance!

So, I was taking a sip of my drink when they flashed the promo shot of Sanjaya on my screen...and I physically gagged.

That hair...totally unexcusable.

Sanjaya is getting to be REALLY annoying to me. Now he's taking his no-talent voice joke for a ride.

I'm surprised Simon didn't criticize Jordin for her wardrobe! I didn't like her version of 'Hey Baby'. Seemed like she just kept repeating, "Girls say, girls say" over and over again.

Haley didn't have to oversing the 'True Colours' melody. She ruined the song IMO.

LaKisha and Melinda are still consistent butt-kickers.
    Go Habs Go!!

Lakisha was great, of course. Phil was pretty good. What did they do to Sanjaya's hair?!?!?!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Damn! I missed my Lakisha tonight And I thought Gina was fantastic tonight, really great. Melinda was good, but not her best. I liked Chris's performance, and grudgingly I actually like Sanjaya. He need to take scissors to the hangy stuff beyond that clip. He's actually a good-looking kid without all that hair and the wacky hairdo's.

I think Chris Sligh will get the boot this week. He hasn't been very good in weeks!

I think this season is pretty boring, and I'm actually kinda glad Sanjaya is around. It's not like he's gonna win, so what's the harm in him staying around a few more weeks?

I think Melinda and LaKisha are great singers, but is anyone else getting bored with them? I feel like every week is the same performance.

I like Blake's style and I think he'd probably sell the most records, but i really think that Phil has the best voice out of all the guys. And they never really give him that much credit.

The Lobelia Rundown:

Lakisha: Sounded great, as usual. I'm greedy, though & want a little more - I want some range in facial expression. I want to see some smiles, some confidence, hell, some cockiness 'cause she's earned it. Gimme some personality next week, Lakisha, because you already sound like a damned pro. Show me that you KNOW it!

Chris Sligh: Oh, boy. Simon was right, it was a mess. I am a Chris fan, and it wasn't good, dawg. Disappointing.

Gina: My girl was ON tonight! She looked great, sounded great & did everything right. Loved it! She does have a Chrissy Hynde quality to her.

Sanjaya: Holy fucking shit on a cracker. uhhhhhhh............ ok girl, work it. I think I would like this chick if he was in drag. One thing, though, nobody else has had the balls to look like this on AI before, so I give him 2 snaps up and a frothy root beer.

Haley: A little weak. Wow, she is really a pretty girl but there is just something kind of tepid, kind of ghostly about her, like a beautiful tapestry that has been faded by the sun.... Thing is, if she takes a big risk & does something to make herself appear edgy, she also takes the risk of losing the appeal that she *does* have, & may easily look ridiculous. I think she's in a no-win situation. She reminds me of a pageant girl, who will grow up to be a rich doctor's wife, and her AI days will make excellent dinner conversation.

Phil: Still can't look at him much but he sounded really good! I liked it a lot, even more than the original version.

Mindy Doo: Come on now, the stylists need to help her stop looking so boxy. This chick already sounds like a seasoned pro with platinum records under her belt, but only thing holding her back in this competition is her image. If you can fix up Clay Aiken or Elliot Yamin, you can do right by Mindy for sure. My secret prayer for this week was that Melinda would nod her head knowingly when the judges praised her. I didn't get that, but at least the gasping, surprised "what, little old me?" look wasn't as pervasive. Step up & take your place girl!

Blake: Liked it, wasn't blown away by it, but I like his confidence & at his worst, he's still pretty good.

Jordin: Sounded a little screechy & out of control here & there but had some good moments. Outfit made her look really big but her hair & makeup looked good. I didn't like her performance as well as the judges seemed to.

Chris: I.... really..... liked it. "Don't Speak" is just Gwen's song, & I would have never guessed that a guy singing it would work, but I liked it. Simon criticized the vocals, but I'm blissfully ignorant of technical knowledge, & just liked the way he sounded.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Too bad about Chris Sligh. I love listening to his voice. I really hope the dang stylists they have on that show will start dressing these kids better. It's really appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    He's actually a good-looking kid without all that hair and the wacky hairdo's.
    So true. After I got over the initial shock of his hair, I looked at him and thought, 'wow, he's so pretty'. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Tot View Post
    I think Chris Sligh will get the boot this week. He hasn't been very good in weeks!

I think this season is pretty boring, and I'm actually kinda glad Sanjaya is around. It's not like he's gonna win, so what's the harm in him staying around a few more weeks?

I think Melinda and LaKisha are great singers, but is anyone else getting bored with them? I feel like every week is the same performance.

but i really think that Phil has the best voice out of all the guys. And they never really give him that much credit.
    ^I agree with all that. Chris Sligh's timing has been off all season, but last night was bad. It was hard to watch, he couldn't keep the tempo.
    Phil has been one of my favorites from the beginning, but they give the guy zero credit. He definitely has one of the best voices out of the guys.
    Jordin...I don't like her. She's a little too syrupy sweet for my tastes. And I didn't like the song choice. Hey Baby is more of karaoke song, imo.
    Chris Richardson...could his voice be more whiny? Don't like him.

Overall, they're all pretty boring.None of them seem to have star quality. Yet, I continue to watch...*sigh*

Thread Information