Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Diana Ross liking Sanjay makes alot of sense since she likes Michael Jackson.

I gotta say, he's the biggest fruitloop!!!

Can Paula Abdul ever complete a full sentance? From start to finish?? Annoying!!!
    Go Habs Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    I was surprised when Melinda said she has stylists ... doesn't seem like Idol would let her.

I was under the impression these are her best friends, who have just been giving her tips on what she should wear.

Wow, they kinda sucked tonight. Loved the bashing of Seacrest by Simon though.

Seacrest - "Simon, any advice on the (Melinda's) high heels?"
    Simon - "You should know Ryan..."

lol! So did Simon out Seacrest tonight or what? Seacrest, out!
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Yeah! And Ryan and Simon claim that they are friends, too. I'd be pissed for outing me on the shoe lifts (which Seacrest def uses) let alone the whole closet business! Perhaps the producers encourage the naughty banter because of the ratings.

positive note for tonight, Paula was not impaired.

I liked the very beginning of the show where they showcased Kelly, Carrie, Fantasia, Jennifer & my secret lover man Chris Daughtry. Felt a little bad for Reuben... is the boy not producing anything? Because they didn't mention him.

Brandon: blah. Nothing special. Forgot the words. I think he's got better to give, but it was not good tonight. Doesn't help that I've never liked that song.

Melinda: Again, I repeat, my girl will be a star. She did very well tonight, as usual.

Chris Sligh: Judges didn't like the arrangement of Endless Love that he did - it bothered me at first, but then it wasn't too bad. Still, I wouldn't care to hear it again. But he sang it well. I like Chris & hope he's around for a while.

Gina: I love this song (Love Child) & it was a good choice for her. This chick is consistently good, I like her style & she's got some power in her voice. Not nearly as much as Melinda or Lakisha, but some. Overall pretty good IMO tonight but Randy's right, it was a little pitchy here & there...

Sanjaya: Lord have mercy, the hair. He's not just singing Miss Ross tonight, he's channelling her. And Icepik is dead on about the Ross-->Sanjaya love. I gotta say that tonight was a helluva lot better than the last 2 weeks. Randy said it wasn't very good & "almost unlistenable" but I don't think it was THAT bad.

Haley: looks pretty as usual. Difficult song - she sounded kind of wavering & screechy here & there, & forgot the words. Not great. But I agree with Simon, it's like her nerves got the best of her. I can't believe how kind he was to her.

Phil: (had to listen for his name because he's still "the bald guy" to me.) I wish this guy wasn't so damned painful to look at because his voice is really good. At least they dressed him better this week, because he usually wears stuff way too big. Rocked the house with his singing tonight but Simon wasn't very complimentary...

Lakisha: tells me something that I get excited when she's about to sing... hair looks MUCH better, thank you but I don't like her in that white dress. It should have been black, or garnet, or some deep color... But these are just minor observations because the chick sounds like a star & the style will come later. Randy was right, she was sensational. And she makes it look effortless! Simon was also right - Lakisha & Melinda are in a different league.

Blake: he's such a cutie. Fun performance. Won't go down as a great vocal but he's always fun to watch. Simon was hard on him but I think he needs to be hard on this guy so he'll stay on his toes & not get complacent.

Stephanie: I'm not a big Stephanie fan, but she did well.

The Other Chris: Kind of strange. Didn't love it.

Jordin: Gorgeous, sounded great, maybe her best so far.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am SO bummed! I didn't realize the girls were on tonight I simply must get that DVR box from Comcast and plan ahead. Thanks for the recap Lobelia!

So who are we down to? Melinda, LaKisha, Jordin, maybe Stephanie, maybe Gina? (Forget the guys, I'm actually not even paying attention )

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Haley: looks pretty as usual. Difficult song - she sounded kind of wavering & screechy here & there, & forgot the words. Not great. But I agree with Simon, it's like her nerves got the best of her. I can't believe how kind he was to her.
    I think the reason Simon was kind to her is that she showed the kind of development that they all should have by now but don't necessarily. She has great stage presence, good stage mechanics and she got something that the others clearly didn't, vocal dynamics and appropriate volumes. Her bad singing habits are mostly gone, except for the nerve related pitch issues that is.

Quote Originally Posted by zillah. View Post
    Wow, they kinda sucked tonight. Loved the bashing of Seacrest by Simon though.

Seacrest - "Simon, any advice on the (Melinda's) high heels?"
    Simon - "You should know Ryan..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    I laughed so hard at this whole exchange...

Ryan: Stay out of my Closet!
    Simon: (laughing)...Come OUT!

It was priceless...
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

If you trust DialIdol, the only people that are definitely safe tonight are Melinda, Lakisha, and freaking Sanjaya-all the others are listed as in danger of being voted off, with Chris Sligh second to last on the list!

Sanjaya? Holy cow... I'm speechless. If he stays & Chris Sligh goes, then something is WRONG here. Well, it's already wrong.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

The little girls are in love with Sanjaya....all the people I work with that have little girls tell me that they are in love with Sanjaya.

But he looks like a lady.....a horrible talentless lady!

Bronze Member

Okay, now Sanjaya is just annoying me. At first I felt a little sorry for him because he is so meek and effeminate, but at this point he has far overstayed his welcome. Go home Sanjina, go home!

Thread Information