Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out when the show is over.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Antonella (the one who had all the leaked pics this week) didn't do AWFUL, she had a bad note towards the end which threw her, but the judges ripped her apart. Methinks they're doing some audience manipulation to get rid of her....
    ITA. I think she was better than what they're saying. It wasn't great, but it was definitely as good or better than a lot of what gets cranked out the first 2-3 weeks. Yes, they're probably trying to get rid of her for some reason. Maybe they're hearing she's an awful bitch or something & they don't want her to win.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

It's b/c Fox is conservative. This link has some of the leaked pics, there were a few earlier this week that included one of her sitting on the toilet.

Found the rest of them: phillyBurbs.com Blogs | American Idol contestant Antonella Barba’s topless pics

Hit By Ban Bus!

Totally freaking amazing Kelly Clarkson performance on Stuff Like That There. I have 2 versions on my computer - one by Kelly and one by Betty Hutton from the 40's. Amazing song. Kelly freaking nailed it, facial expressions, gestures and all.

Melinda Doolittle will be a star. Mark my words. The bitch can SING. She may not win AI, but she WILL be a star.

Absolutely.

I thought Lakisha was good, but wandered into screaming instead of singing territory. I don't think she was as good as they were saying, she did some duplication of Jennifer Hudson's version from the movie, and Randy's comment was just catty b/c Jennifer Hudson badmouthed the show recently.

I'm so excited, I have a favorite now - Gina (sang All By Myself). LOVED IT -LOVED HER. Simon was a little hard on her, but that's ok. She's got the Ryan Starr tomboy-type thing going on.

About Lakisha singing the Dreamgirls' song, I'm kind of put off by the timing. Some people might argue that the timing is perfect, but to me, it just invites comparison. And it's the very beginning of the competition - who wants to be the Jennifer Hudson this year, the talented person who gets cut early? Meh, I'm overanalyzing.

But I do think that Melinda sang better than Lakisha tonight.

There are 3 girls that I don't think have any staying power:

Amy Krebs, Leslie Hunt and Nicole Tranquillo - with Alaina Alexander and Haley Scarnato following closely behind.

American Idol: Season 6 Contestants

I think you're right. Seems like there is always one female contestant each season with light brown hair & a decent voice who is just forgettable, but this season has 3 or 4. Like Melissa McGhee (last year?) Leslie has red hair, but she's just kind of....odd.... but not in a good way.

Seems like during this year's auditions they didn't pay attention to many of these people. It's like they predicted the wrong people to progress. In years past, we "knew" more people than we do this year, at this point. Makes me wonder if they kept Antonella & Sundance (cutting better singers) because AI had already invested so much screen time.

Antonella Barba - baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. The judges might have been hard on her cos they realized they made a mistake when they let the other girl go and let Antonella stay (when the 2 were sitting beside another).

All the black girls were great IMO, with Lakisha being the strongest and Jordin Sparks being the 5th out of them. Leslie Hunt, the dogwalker, looked awkward with her forced moves.
    Go Habs Go!!

Okay, I just heard the song Brass In Pockets get massacred. My ears still hurt.
    All these girls sound the same to me.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I agree that most of the white girls were forgettable... except for Gina! I will definitely root for her. All of the black girls were great. And overall if it didn't have to be 6 boys and 6 girls, i think it would be mostly girls. I think Antonella will be this year's Kellie Pickler. She'll get votes cuz she's cute and young, but she won't make it past 6th place. I think people will continue to vote for Sundance too. At this point in the competition, people vote based on who they like, not how good they can sing.

Okay, it's over. I actually heard all of them, but did not see them. I really liked the last girl. But I swear, they all sounded so similar.
    Randy is annoying the hell out of me too. Baby!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow I really liked Jordin Sparks. If she's the weakest, what do the others sound like?

Im rooting for Lakisha, Melinda and Gina. Im sorry but I do think Lakisha hit it out of the park. Timing may not be that right for that song but then when is it? I agree Lobelia Melinda will be a star as will Lakisha.

Thank you so much NoDay for that link. I remember watching that performance with my niece and I remember her saying "man I wish I could sing like her". I cried when they announced her name, well I got teary-eyed, and her performance of "A Moment Like This" made me so proud of her. I know Im a softie

Hi Sammy's MoM! Haven't seen you in ages! Hope all is well! When's the next Big Brother?

Thread Information