Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    I loved Opera Girl too, I hope she does well! I'll be watching her fersure.
    I think she'll go far and I think we'll see an interesting physical transformation of her as well.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Is Opera Girl the cute black girl or the short long-haired hippie girl?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Am I the only one who totally didn't buy the "I want my dad to be proud of me girl? I mean, she called her dad, he sounded happy for her and didn't seem to care that she had:

"I *sob* didn't go to school *sob* today, I went to New York *sob* and *sob* auditioned. Please don't be mad".
    I am totally with you on that one. When she phoned her dad and was saying, don't be mad, I have something to tell you, etc., he just said, "Yeah, what is it?" If I had called my parents and was crying and saying those things, they would have been scared sh*tless thinking something bad had happened to me. Either she was lying or that phonecall was a total setup.

She was a looneytoon though. Wanted her off my TV screen.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't think she'll last long. Kind of an airhead. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Is Opera Girl the cute black girl or the short long-haired hippie girl?
    Long haired hippie girl with a dreamcatcher in her hair, she sang 3 different styles ending with opera. She was kinda pissy too.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Bronze Member

Yeah Chavah....she was nutzo! I got sick of watching her...I was like okay, your obviously acting. I can kinda tell when someone is acting for some reason.
    Last edited by Raydog; January 25th, 2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Cant really spell much of anything...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Long haired hippie girl with a dreamcatcher in her hair, she sang 3 different styles ending with opera. She was kinda pissy too.
    Yeah, she's cheeky. She'll have to be bridled. She may turn out good though, but there's something really cheeky and sassy and prima donna-like about her.

she did have an attitude..she could sing and she knew it..i loved how she snapped back at them with.."i can sing anything"..and i bet she can too...unless they make her over,i dont know if she will go too far...america is too obsessed with looks, when it should really be about the talent..not what they look like
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydog View Post
    Yeah Chavah....she was nutzo! I got sick of watching her...I was like okay, your obviously acting. I can kinda tell when someone is acting for some reason.
    Yep.. I guess she wanted to be "famous" no matter how she looked

Posted on the twop Idol board:

The 19 year old who went to American Idol without her father's permission was on a local radio station early this morning; she explained that they had to do another take of her calling her father because he was yelling and speaking profanity because of what she had done. So, that is why Dad seemed so laidback about the situation, it was staged.

For some reason I kind of like her, despite them/her obviously using the whole backstory to get sympathy. But I would guess that since she's doing interviews, she probably didn't make the top 24.

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    Posted on the twop Idol board:

The 19 year old who went to American Idol without her father's permission was on a local radio station early this morning; she explained that they had to do another take of her calling her father because he was yelling and speaking profanity because of what she had done. So, that is why Dad seemed so laidback about the situation, it was staged.

For some reason I kind of like her, despite them/her obviously using the whole backstory to get sympathy. But I would guess that since she's doing interviews, she probably didn't make the top 24.
    I think they should have aired the actual conversation. If he's as big an ass as she said he was, then the whole world should see it. Maybe that would make the jerk think twice about how he treats his children

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I think they should have aired the actual conversation. If he's as big an ass as she said he was, then the whole world should see it. Maybe that would make the jerk think twice about how he treats his children
    I still think the whole thing is fake. If the father was that mad, do you really think he would let them tape him being all supportive and loving? He probably would have hung up on her.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Nahh... he was happy and proud his daughter made it, that's why he went along. He's still an ass though.

Anybody watching tonight?

I'm watching on dvr, so I'm catching up.

I'm watching this very very large young lady named Diana, howling some Whitney Houston song. She's wearing one sparkly glove like MJ, and the judges are laughing their asses off.

Couple of good ones so far. The girl with the weird speaking voice... I didn't like her so much. It was cuter with Paris Bennett but this chick just seemed bizarre.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Tonight was entertaining- the singing wasn't all that impressive. The kid with the curly hair who wanted to make Hasselhoff cry was pretty funny though. Not the best voice but I hope he does well anyway.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information