Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 5

Default Re: American Idol - Season 5

I like Taylor (grey hair) and Ace the best. The only girl that I liked this week was Paris. But, I was flipping back and forth to the Olympics during the girls so I really didn't get to see them all.

I loved Chris Daughtrey. LOVED him, I think he's my favorite guy. And yes, Ace is sexy as hell. I never swoon over male singers because they look like they're trying to be sexy so it's cheesy, but Ace just IS sexy. I *believed* him when he told me he'd be my daddy. I was a little unnerved by his close-up deer in headlights shot immediately after the song was over, though.

Gray haired guy, is it Taylor? I liked him pretty well. Blues are probably his strong suit, don't know if he can really do much else. The blonde guy that sang Lynard Skynard, Bucky?, I agree totally with the judges that he just sang too hard. He would sound pretty good if he backed off a little. I think he's pretty much a one-genre guy, though.

Barry Manilow Boy needs to copa cabana right out the damn door.

I like Elliot's voice, but I can't get past his appearance. His teeth are distracting, and his facial hair makes him look Amish. Maybe a stylist can fix him up.

What did y'all think of Sway? Once in a while this happens where I hear a performance and think it's absolutely horrid, and I start imagining how they're going to get reamed by the judges, but then the judges love it! I thought Sway was awful last night, but Randy & Paula thought he was great.

All the guys are dorks except for Ace. He is cute and a pretty good singer.
    I hope he wins

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    I loved Chris Daughtrey. LOVED him, I think he's my favorite guy. And yes, Ace is sexy as hell. I never swoon over male singers because they look like they're trying to be sexy so it's cheesy, but Ace just IS sexy. I *believed* him when he told me he'd be my daddy. I was a little unnerved by his close-up deer in headlights shot immediately after the song was over, though.

Gray haired guy, is it Taylor? I liked him pretty well. Blues are probably his strong suit, don't know if he can really do much else. The blonde guy that sang Lynard Skynard, Bucky?, I agree totally with the judges that he just sang too hard. He would sound pretty good if he backed off a little. I think he's pretty much a one-genre guy, though.

Barry Manilow Boy needs to copa cabana right out the damn door.

I like Elliot's voice, but I can't get past his appearance. His teeth are distracting, and his facial hair makes him look Amish. Maybe a stylist can fix him up.

What did y'all think of Sway? Once in a while this happens where I hear a performance and think it's absolutely horrid, and I start imagining how they're going to get reamed by the judges, but then the judges love it! I thought Sway was awful last night, but Randy & Paula thought he was great.
    Lobelia you took the words right out of my mouth about the Amish look. I kept saying to myself "Im sure they can "fix" him up look what they did with Clay Aiken". And you couldnt have said it better about Barry Boy. Im not liking guys who sing too high and Sway was way too high pitched for me. I didnt like the kid from The Woodlands, even thought its 15 minutes from where I live, I have to go on talent not location the person is from.
    I can see Ace cleaning up real good but he doesnt need too much cleaning up anyway. And Damn what about his brother?

Have we started the "Is Ace Gay?" debate yet?

Yeah, who cares if he's gay? Dude's still nice to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    Yeah, who cares if he's gay? Dude's still nice to look at.
    Right, it's not like we're going to get OUR hands on him.

Yep, totally gay yet still attractive to this married chick! He does just know how to pat his belly just right, doesn't he? There is something slightly awkard about his appearance (maybe a little too much of that Scott Stapp?? thing going on) but he's still hot. Loved his voice.

That amish dude with the bad teeth? I honestly paid no attention to his voice. I couldn't get past the mouth.

The Copa dude needs to start on some Synthroid for those eyes!

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom
    Lobelia you took the words right out of my mouth about the Amish look. I kept saying to myself "Im sure they can "fix" him up look what they did with Clay Aiken". And you couldnt have said it better about Barry Boy. Im not liking guys who sing too high and Sway was way too high pitched for me. I didnt like the kid from The Woodlands, even thought its 15 minutes from where I live, I have to go on talent not location the person is from.
    I can see Ace cleaning up real good but he doesnt need too much cleaning up anyway. And Damn what about his brother?
    I noticed the brother too, really hot, must be some good genes in that family!!
    How You Durrin ?

Oh man, Lobelia you hit the nail on the head, I couldn't quite figure out "what" Elliott looked like. He has a good voice but not attractive AT ALL. Amish, yep, that's IT. If he makes final 12 and possibly even sooner, I'm SURE they will have a stylist come in to work on Elliott.

The one girl Brenna that keeps mugging for the camera, it was so funny, my kids said she looks like "a real live Bratz doll". She DOES.

Glad that CopaCobana went home though he was great for a laugh. I'm actually from Lake County Illinois where the 17 year old crooner is from, but in all honesty I thought he sucked. He should've went home instead of Patrick. The 17 year old crooner is cute, so there's TONS of little teeny-bopper girls that will keep voting for him, and he'll probably stay longer than he should because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Yep, totally gay yet still attractive to this married chick! He does just know how to pat his belly just right, doesn't he? There is something slightly awkard about his appearance (maybe a little too much of that Scott Stapp?? thing going on) but he's still hot. Loved his voice.

That amish dude with the bad teeth? I honestly paid no attention to his voice. I couldn't get past the mouth.

The Copa dude needs to start on some Synthroid for those eyes!
    Which bad teeth guy are you all talking about? There were 2, 1 with an under bite that had a lisp (glasses) and another with a small pallat sp? vampire like teeth.
    Both creepy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

There are 3 of them whose teeth I find distracting. Bucky (go figure), Kevin, and Elliott. Because we HAVE NO LIVES, my BF and I actually were discussing, during their performances, the type of orthodontic treatment they would each need to fix their malocclusions. Sad, isn't it? Oh, and we determined that Elliott's mouth is hopeless.

My favorite so far is Chris. I call him the poor man's Vin Diesel.

I was talking about Elliott.

Ahhh ok. Shame for him. He has a good voice but his look is distracting.
    http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/elliott_yamin/

You know, when Simon said he thought Elliot had one of the best male voices he's heard on American Idol, I was at a loss for words.

He's got a good voice, but I certainly didn't think it was anything spectacular.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information