Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 5

Default Re: American Idol - Season 5

Yeah, I know, his new album sucks it big time. He really does best at southern rock...anything else sounds ick. He's still hot though.

I agree with Lobelia though. Katherine sounded really good in the beginning, but now she's started to suck. I remember hearing her sing some Barbra Streisand song flawlessly, and thought she had it in the bag, but now...meh..
    2 years...

I'm with y'all on the Katharine tip: I liked her in the beginning, thought she had an awesome voice, but she just keeps choking! And choking some more!

I haven't heard any of the Idol winners (or runners up) albums yet.

I didn't like Carrie on Idol but her album is decent. There are some catchy songs and the rest aren't bad, so I just let it play through. I much prefer only hearing her instead of having to watch her perform awkwardly.

Bo's SUCKS. So disappointing. And the music video is the worst part. But it was #1 on MTV for like a day!

I like Fantasia's album but I was one who liked her on the show (of course many didn't). She has some good collaborations on the album. And she got 4 Grammy nominations for it this year.

Never heard Diana's ... it didn't do well. She's on Broadway now.

I like about 3 songs off Ruben's first album, but haven't heard his second (it's Gospel, doing well on the Gospel charts, I heard).

I bought Clay's album but don't really care for any of it ... his new album is going to be all covers, like Rod Stewart.

Josh Gracin has a few good country songs and his album is doing well.

Never heard Justin's ... I love both of Kelly's but the songs are so overplayed now, I haven't listened to it in a while.

Where is everyone?

Kat was amazing tonight. So much better than the others. I really wanted a Kat/Elliot finale but Elliot was pretty bad tonight ... all of their first songs were horrible (Clive picked the worst songs). But then Elliot was really off on his second, the entire time, and couldn't really do anything with the third. So sad, I really liked him.

I enjoyed Taylor but I still don't love him. I liked Nadia's "Try A Little Tenderness" a lot better.

I hope Elliot goes home. I never thought I'd be saying that. Actually I don't care, as long as Kat is in the finale because she was AWESOME.

I hated kat tonight. All she does is screech and scream trying to show how "big" her voice is. And I HATE the way she constantly eye fucks the camera and smiles real big. I loved Elliott tonight...his version open arms actually brought a tear to my eye. As much as I hated to say it, I think he will go tomorrow night. So far I've gotten 4 votes in for him, and been unable to get any for taylor in. As long as taylor wins this thing, I will be happy. If screechy Mcscreech wins, I am through with IDOL for good. Did anyone notice on the mayor segment, her banner had her last name spelled wrong? hahahaha!

Hit By Ban Bus!

All reality TV needs to disappear.

I loved Taylor's 2nd & 3rd songs. Don't know if it's because I've just always disliked the song Dancing in the Dark, or what, but I didn't care for that. Yeah, it's the song, not Taylor.

I liked Katherine singing SOtR. I mean, it was just good, and there's no getting around it. First song performance was average. Third song, well, she kept singing about having the blues, but had this massive cheesy smile the whole time which I found disconcerting & distracting. I think if she would actually FEEL the song she's singing, instead of trying to sparkle like a pageant girl, I'd like her better.

I think Elliot did well in all 3 songs, and that the judges were kind of hard on him. I enjoyed all 3 performances. He tends to be a very solid & reliable performer. However, nothing he did tonight stands out to me like Katherine's SOtR, and Taylor's TaLT. (Like my abbreviations? )
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

KATHARINE DID NOT HAVE THE BLUES!!! That last performance of hers was great vocally, but it was HELL to watch! She just didn't get it: When you sing about the blues, YOU GOTTA FEEL IT!! Stupid wench. Yeah, sure, the bitch can sing, but GAWD! I am SO over watching her perform.

I tried to vote for Elliot, then for Taylor, but the numbers never worked. QUITE strange. I wonder why I could never get thru to Elliot's numbers. If he gets booted off, I will believe that the show is in fact rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134
    I didn't like Carrie on Idol but her album is decent. There are some catchy songs and the rest aren't bad, so I just let it play through. I much prefer only hearing her instead of having to watch her perform awkwardly.

Bo's SUCKS. So disappointing. And the music video is the worst part. But it was #1 on MTV for like a day!

I like Fantasia's album but I was one who liked her on the show (of course many didn't). She has some good collaborations on the album. And she got 4 Grammy nominations for it this year.

Never heard Diana's ... it didn't do well. She's on Broadway now.

I like about 3 songs off Ruben's first album, but haven't heard his second (it's Gospel, doing well on the Gospel charts, I heard).

I bought Clay's album but don't really care for any of it ... his new album is going to be all covers, like Rod Stewart.

Josh Gracin has a few good country songs and his album is doing well.

Never heard Justin's ... I love both of Kelly's but the songs are so overplayed now, I haven't listened to it in a while.
    Frenchie Davis was on Broadway in Rent. She then left to tour in Dreamgirls. I think she may be back in Rent now.

^ Frenchie is in Rent right now. She's the current soloist in Seasons of Love.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    ^ Frenchie is in Rent right now. She's the current soloist in Seasons of Love.
    cool, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    Katherine's first song sucked (I can't even remember it now!), SOTR was really good but I still can't like her. I hated when she touched her stupd ear.
    Wasn't she taking out her earpiece? When she first did that I was like what the heck is she doing but then she took out the earpiece. Unless we're thinking of a different time?

I didn't like Taylor's second song either ... Actually most people have said they didn't like it. Maybe it was different in the studio or something.

I thought that too at first! But I was hoping she wasn't ... all the little hand movements and things she did with the first song were beyond cheesy, I couldn't take anymore lol.

I don't think I am going to be able to watch tonight because kat is a lot higher than elliott on the dial idol site. It's going to be too painful to see someone so talented go while that bitch stands there smiling her shit eating grin and puts on her fake charm.

Poor Elliot

I can't believe how close it was!

Thread Information