Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 5

Default Re: American Idol - Season 5

I think they were more upset over the fact that she sucked...if she wsas good..then I'm sure there wouldn't be much backlash..huge amazon.bitch.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    She sucked. That's why. You really don't get that? And might I add: What a bitch thing to say! "You're going home because I want to stay"? BITCH!
    Are you calling me a bitch? I'm so confused. Kat never said that, I was being sarcastic ... ? And if you're calling me a bitch, I hope YOU'RE being sarcastic.

And again, it's not her fault that she stayed and Chris went home. If it's anyone's fault, the blame lies on Chris' fans for not voting enough! Don't get mad at Kat for your negligence.

Anyways, Chris' fans should be happy that he got booted early. They would have screwed him over so badly ... his cd would have sucked if he won. It probably would have sold a lot as he does have a lot of fans, but they would have tried to make him as mainstream as possible like they did with Bo which basically means sucking the life out of them. I'm sure he's much better off without Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134
    Are you calling me a bitch?
    NO NO NO NO!!! NOT AT ALL!!! I was calling Katharine a bitch because of what she said. But she didn't actually say that?

And I still say, we can be "mad" at Katharine all we want. She doesn't deserve to be in the top 3. That's why we're sounding off about her. She sucked. Big time.

Meh, Katharine sucks. But Chris sucked more. Whenever he actually hit the right note, it was a fucking event. Plus, if you're going to scream, scream. But not in songs that require clean vocals. It just sounds...icky. Add that to his poser-ness, ego, and FUG; and you get one very happy Nawdle once Chris goes bye-bye.
    2 years...

I think Chris is cute. And he's got a good voice. It just needs work. I do hate hearing him use his throat instead of his diaphragm (sp?), though.

And I don't think he's a poser! He just isn't, you know, phenomenal, or anything. He's entertaining, but no Kurt Cobain is he. No Jim Morrison is he. Not yet. He's got the potential, though...

I've never heard him sing from his diapragm. Not one little puny time. Yeah, he might be good with training, but I can't tell for sure, since he'd have to start from absolute zero.

Poser-wise...he's a Scott Stapp. And even Scott Stapp isn't on Idol. I mean, he pretty much embodies all that modern alternative rock scene I hate. I mean, that's my opinion, after all, but I can't stand the whole Staind/Nickleback/Creed/Fuel thing. It all sounds the same, and doesn't even have any sort of instrumental virtuosity to excuse its monotony.

And I'm not even into rock (metal fan speaking). It's just...sad.
    2 years...

NO NO NO NO!!! NOT AT ALL!!! I was calling Katharine a bitch because of what she said. But she didn't actually say that?

And I still say, we can be "mad" at Katharine all we want. She doesn't deserve to be in the top 3. That's why we're sounding off about her. She sucked. Big time.
    Oh I was like what, is she seriously calling me a bitch? LOL

She didn't say that, I was being sarcastic. Like it wasn't her choice to stay and have Chris go, you know?

I think she's really talented, more so than most other people on the show. Of course you can be mad, it just doesn't make any sense to me. Just a different opinion.

Anyone want song spoilers? Cause I got em.

Oh and after Chris was eliminated, Simon said something like "there are no real rockers in Idol but he was genuine," whatever that means. That he wasn't a real rocker but stayed true to himself, I think. Like he didn't compromise. Which I don't get ... One week Simon said he needed to do a slower song and the next week he did. How is that not compromising? lol

I think that means that he was a true poser. He didn't do any pop songs, but he didn't do any good rock songs, either.
    2 years...

I'm on Team Chris no matter what y'all say! Nawdle, you've very trained in music & vocals, so I'm sure you pick up on problems & mistakes about which I have NOOOOO clue. All I know is that I like his style & the way he sings. Nobody is going to be liked by everybody. It's so interesting how tastes vary.

About Katherine, did y'all think she sucked in the beginning? I didn't, and felt she would win for sure. Lately, however, she hasn't done well. I don't know if it's the pressure or what.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I was the opposite ... When I saw Kat's audition I hated it. I didn't like her at all. Then she totally grew on me, and now I'm a fan.

I think I've changed likes and dislikes this season way more than in other seasons. Some people I really disliked in the beginning and now like, and others I really liked in the beginning but liked less and less each week.

^^^ I'm the same way.

Although, I started out liking Katharine and Taylor, now I loathe them. Both are too irritating for words, especially that Taylor.

I couldn't stand Elliott but now appreciate his singing ability. But then again, I really liked Chris and now that he's gone, and its just Taylor, Katharine and Elliot... I might think he's a better singer by default.

this is too funny...

PLEASE, NOT MCPHEE
    The second she realizes a camera is near her, she lights up so beatifically, she'd make Mother Teresa look like a scam artist. May 15, 2006 -- I'M convinced that Katharine McPhee is actually a pod person.
    It's like the real girl was stolen by "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and replaced with a perfect replication of a perfect human - white teeth, good hair, terrific voice box - everything, in short, but a soul.
    She's Michael Bublé with a big hairdo.
    The only reason I haven't sought professional help with my out-of-control addiction to "American Idol" is because of McPhee.
    I dislike her so much that I'm riveted by her rise to the top. And even though all my favorite females have been given the boot, I'm still watching - because of her.
    Watching McPhee week after week is like not being able to get a hated song out of your head. If I stopped Jonesing for the show, I might miss it when (if!) Pod Girl finally gets kicked to the curb.
    Ever watch her face when she doesn't know the camera is on? She has this whole Damien the Omen thing going on - scowling and ticked-off. But the second she realizes a camera is anywhere near her, she lights up so beatifically, she'd make dearly departed Mother Teresa look like a cheap scam artist.

So is she real or is she Memorex, or maybe just a Scientologist?
    The Internet is full of Katharine-is-a-Scientologist stories and "Star" Magazine even reported that McPhee completed the Scientology "Purification Rundown" course in which one reaches a new level of spirituality by swilling cooking-oil, popping niacin and sweating your butt off in a sauna.
    It's supposed to help you clear "the biochemical barrier to spiritual gain." Even if it doesn't clear your biochemical barriers, for sure downing all that cooking oil will clear your biochemical bowels. Hey - I'm all for enlightenment - especially if you can lose a few pounds.
    McPhee must have passed with flying colors because if ever anyone was one with the aliens - she's it.
    I mean, what real human sings "Someone To Watch Over Me" with a big smile? Just thinking about the song should make you cry. McPhee? McSinger is more like it.
    And those "sessions" with Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli? The blind leading the bland. But it wasn't until the infamous Elvis night that the whole unreality became real for me. It was impossible to guess who in the whole bizarre Graceland segment was real and who was an alien. First off, there was the late Priscilla Presley, a Scientologist, who looked like she'd been created in a lab by her former son-in-law Wacko Jacko's plastic surgeon. Then there was Tommy Mottola and his unreasonable, nutty praise of McPhee. Finally though, there was McPhee's own scary medley of Elvis songs - it should have been on the SciFi Channel. All in all, it was a fright night to forget. Unfortunately, I can't. And I can't wait until tomorrow night, either.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/66078.htm

Katharine is NOT a Scientologist. She made that very clear during a radio interview this week. She explained this during a radio interview. She was dating one, and was madly in love, so decided to "dabble" in it, but was "quickly out the door."

You can hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDiRNUXfRCI&eurl=

Also, don't know if you guys know, but she lost 30 pounds before going on the show, and is still very self-concious about her weight.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss
    I've never heard him sing from his diapragm. Not one little puny time. Yeah, he might be good with training, but I can't tell for sure, since he'd have to start from absolute zero... I mean, he pretty much embodies all that modern alternative rock scene I hate. I mean, that's my opinion, after all, but I can't stand the whole Staind/Nickleback/Creed/Fuel thing. It all sounds the same, and doesn't even have any sort of instrumental virtuosity to excuse its monotony.
    I know exactly what you mean. That's why I like to tease you about Chris! As far as I'm concerned, the only modern alternative rock that actually rocks was Pearl Jam and the king daddies of it all, Nirvana. I don't know nothin' 'bout no Creed or Staind or Nickleback or Fuel. There were some songs on the radio years ago ("Drive," "Superman") that I really liked a lot, but I'd call those alternative, not rock.

So, yeah, Chris = Modern Alternative Rock. But I still hold out hope he'll be more rock than alternative. *shrug* I prefer Bo, though. He's a real rocker!

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134
    Oh I was like what, is she seriously calling me a bitch? LOL
    It's all good!

I know exactly what you mean. That's why I like to tease you about Chris!
    Boo, Ho, boo!
    I prefer Bo, though. He's a real rocker!
    Yesssssssss.
    2 years...

Thread Information