Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 5

Default Re: American Idol - Season 5

Oh gawd, we now have to endure ANOTHER week of Ace singing and attempting to swoon his 15 year old fans. I really really hate that guy. He thinks he is so sexy with his stringy hair and blue eyes, but I can't stand him or his "rosey" cheeks. I wish he'd gone before Bucky, who I didn't care for either. Ace and Bucky shouldn't have even made it into the top 12. And Elliott being in the bottom three? WTF? Did anyone not see Kellie the redneck trash ho sing or Paris sing?? If he gets voted off before either one of those girls, I will stop watching. And if Kellie wins, I will stop watching AI all together, because this is NOT a country talent search and it is insane if another bleached blonde faith hill wannabe wins second time in a row. And that Paris, I cannot stand her and the way she thinks she is so good, and how she acts all demure with her little "thaaaaaaank you, thaaaaaaank you". She has ties into show business, and shouldn't even be allowed into the show when someone else really good ( like Gideon) needs this shot.

Rod Stewart's 'Idol' Week!
    Between working hard on a brand-new album, taking care of a newborn son and preparing for his "American Idol" stint this week, the legendary ROD STEWART is one busy rocker! On tonight's ET, he shows off the first official photo of baby ALASTAIR and talks all things "Idol"!

"I've never been as nervous as this in my whole life," Rod tells MARY HART of his "American Idol" gig. "It was totally different."

The theme this week on the hugely popular FOX talent show is classic American songs and since Stewart knows a thing or two about the genre -- he has The Great American Songbooks Volumes 1-4 under his belt and is currently working on volume 5 -- he was tapped to mentor the final 7 idols for their performances tonight.

"I was really impressed," he says of the finalists. "I thought, 'These kids aren't going to be able to sing these songs because they are a bit young.' But I was really surprised. They came over and sung these songs with such emotion."

Rod admits he did offer the finalists some advice. "There was a little bit of oversinging," he says. "[You] can't do that with these songs ... I told them to back up a little bit."

And the 61-year-old ballad-belter even reveals his opinions about some of the singers. "For that category I think KATHARINE is best. [She has a] voice born to sing standards."

As the pop star hopefuls wait to find out if they've made it through another week, the famous crooner will perform the ballad "The Way You Look Tonight" on Wednesday night's results show (9 p.m. ET).

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/micro/idol/14463/

I wanna have Taylor's babies. If Paris was a guy, I'd have her babies too. God, I love those two. C'mon Elliot!!! My trifecta; I always vote for those three every week.

Uh oh, the rehearsal isn't sounding all that great, but we'll see.

[edit]: Because I can't spell "two."

[edit2]: Eh. It was kinda-really good. Not great, but at least kinda-really good. Doesn't matter, I'm voting for him anyway.

AyanEva

I've officially decided that it is all Taylor's crap that I hate. I thought he sounded REALLY good on that song, and I was REALLY enjoying it until he started doing his "normal" crap at the end. He's got a good voice, he's gotta keep it simple though.

Everyone's sounding good tonight though, I'm liking Elliott too (but that might be b/c I LOVE this song).

Paula needs to pull up her shirt. Too much of "the girls" are on display...

Kellie Pickler just made my ears bleed.

I love Taylor's antics; I'm into people who "go to church" on a song or pull a Teddy Pendergrass (TURN 'EM OFF!) or Ray Charles."

That's why I love Fantasia; she gets to foot-stomping. George Huff rocked too because he got the gospel bounce. I need some old-fashioned soul sometimes like Patti Labelle or a bit of gospel, even though I'm not religious. She rolls around on stage! Can't beat that. Taylor's an awesome throwback. My two favorite songs of all time are "Strange Fruit" and "A Change Is Gonna Come."

Oh god no...Ace. My ears haven't stopped bleeding from Kellie's song.

AyanEva

Seriously, Kellie was the worst tonight so far (and I'm saying that before McPhee, but she is awesome at this kind of music so I'm going to assume she'll totally blow this out of the water). Ace is not quite so pretty without the hair to cover his face.

Too bad Pickler is a judge favorite no matter what. She'll last through this week no problem. It's probably Ace's time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    It's probably Ace's time.
    And thank goodness! I dunno, I just don't think McPhee is that great. Paris, however, is da sheet!

I think Katherine is kinda sucking on this song...she should've gone with the first one that she practiced. She was really good on that one.

[edit]: Did Randy, Simon, and Paula watch the same performance that I did? WTF?! McPhee's performance was kinda shitty, IMO.

AyanEva

I thought she was good until she went into the low register. She didn't quite hit the notes there.

I really think Pickler is worse than Ace. She has huge difficulty singing in tune and usually makes my ears hurt. Ace is just mediocre.

Katharine was AWESOME tonight. She really did make the others sound bad.

I loved Paris too. It's obvious they don't want her to win because she was just as good as Katharine but she didn't get the pimp spot.

Whoever said that Taylor's moves freak them out, I agree. Seriously scary. Remember the guy that auditioned last season (I think?) and he did a stabbing motion while he sang? That's what it reminded me of.

Ace was hot AND he sounded good. That suit was niiiice.

I loved Elliot. He's been pretty good for a few weeks now.

Kellie needs to go. Now.

Chris doesn't know what to do with himself when he can't run around on stage and act crazy. He's so stiff. Not the best performer. Actually one of the worst, for me. The vocal was just okay ... This song will always belong to Anwar in my mind (I wasn't even a fan but he did awesome with this).

Quote Originally Posted by AyanEva
    Kellie Pickler just made my ears bleed.

I love Taylor's antics; I'm into people who "go to church" on a song or pull a Teddy Pendergrass (TURN 'EM OFF!) or Ray Charles."

George Huff rocked too because he got the gospel bounce.
    Amen re: Kellie. My ears are all bandaged up & I look like Princess Leia.

I love Taylor's stuff, too. I was bored tonight until he started UP.

(Awwwwwwwww, I LOVED George Huff. I went so far as to buy a George Huff button on ebay that season & wear it on Tuesdays at work. What a weirdo I am. I burn my own AI cd from each season & he's on it singing Me & Mrs. Jones.)

Loved Chris, thought he was really good & showed he could pull off a slower song.

Katherine was good. I didn't think she shamed the others like Simon said, but she was definitely good.

I like Elliot more each week. I hope he has a successful career no matter what. He seems to have a sweet soul.

Paris was really good, and yes, that is her element. I like her a lot in this genre. I could see her song becoming popular if she released it.

Ace? One of his better performances, but sometimes it's like a contestant seems really good for the simple reason that they don't sound as bad as they usually do. I think Ace could find a niche in show biz but he's outclassed vocally.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Well, DialIdol has Ace at the bottom, followed by either Kellie, Paris or Chris. Chris? Chris? WTF?

My BF actually screamed in horror when Ace came on the screen last night. That man-bun was so horrid! He then told me that Ace is "everything that's wrong with that type of guy".

Edit: I cannot STAND that Pickler thing!

Haha even my 10 year old daughter said Ace should've went last week, and better go this week. She's only 10 but told me she's tired of Ace getting by on his looks and he ain't all that. Though last night he was somewhat charming.

My boss was trying to figure out what it is about Katharine that doesn't seem right. She said she has a glossy look like Jenna Elfman. Hah, and my boss didn't even know Katharine was a $cientologist. Thought that was kind of funny that she compared her look to Elfman. Katharine is a good singer, she's pretty, but since the beginning there's been something about her that I couldn't put my finger on....now we know.

Love Elliott, he's so sweet, so humble. And being partially deaf in his one ear, and still sings so good. He's looking better, too.

I hope Pickler or Ace goes tonite. From the dial results it sounds like Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134
    Whoever said that Taylor's moves freak them out, I agree. Seriously scary. Remember the guy that auditioned last season (I think?) and he did a stabbing motion while he sang? That's what it reminded me of.

AyanEva

Ahhh Ace's hair wasn't in a bun (my dad thought so too). His hair is just that short. That was all that was left in the ponytail, it wasn't in a bun though.

And speaking from a woman's pov, I think he's HOT. And last night he was too.

To take that further, I don't like him only for his good looks. I listen to mp3s of the performances on my ipod and I like his songs. I like him, his looks, his style, and his voice.

I hope he doesn't go this week because Kellie was much much worse. I'd be okay if he went next week. I know he's not the best. Hopefully he'll get signed with a talent agency or something ...

Thread Information