Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 5

Default Re: American Idol - Season 5

That is horrible. Corky Thatcher Pickler will butcher it.

Kelly is going home this week. I heard someone was doing Bohemian Rhapsody. It can only be lip-sync'd. But for her to do it. If and that is a BIG if she can carry it off Ill apologize.

Even though I'm only watching AI to get to House at this point, I'll be happy as long as Elliot, Taylor, or Paris wins. I'll be even happier if no one thanks or praises a deity of any sort in the process. Not likely, but one can hope. Just sing damnit.

Actually, it'd be funny as hell if someone said, "I'd like to thank the Goddess for bringing me here today! Blessed be!" Or chant in Hindu or something.
    Anyway, whatever contestant is ever bold enough to praise the deity (or lack thereof) of a totally "alternative" religion, I promise I will vote exclusively for you even if you sound like Keith Beukelaer.

Unless you're a Scientologist, in which case I'll set up a website to convince people to un-vote your crazy ass off the show.

I still can't figure out why Bucky hasn't gone home yet. He can't sing and he makes my eyes hurt. Also, I don't see what's so hot about McPhee; she's a'ight. Nothing special. As for Ace, after hearing about how TEH HAWT! he was and how OMGZZ H3 CAN TOOTALLY SINGZZZ, I've been sorely disappointed. He's not TEH HAWT!, he can't really sing, and when he does, he sings through his nose.

I'll admit I watched the first two rounds of Hollywood, but when adorable Turkey Boy went home, I quit watching until they hit the final 12 or so. I've done the same thing since season two.

Is there a musical guest for the results show this week? If there's no interesting guest, I only tune in for the last five minutes. I cringe at the thought of all of the ruined Queen songs tonight... it has shades of the godawful Elton John night and "Yellow Brick Road." *comforts Elton* "It's OK EJ, she didn't mean to hurt your song!" Hopefully, if any Queen songs are ruined (and they're sure to be), the ghost of Freddie Mercury will torment the culprit for all eternity.

AyanEva

It looks like they've moved from celebrity performances to group sings. The website says tomorrow is a 1 hour results show featuring a song by Queen sung by the top 8. Who wants to take bets on "We are the Champions" or "We Will Rock You" being included?

This week's results show is an hour long, with a performance from the Idols then one from Queen.

And the spoilers from USA Today are correct, as the Queen site has changed their spoilers to match the ones from USA Today.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    Miss P!!!

I HATE KELLIE'S VOICE! It throws me into seizures!

I can't believe no one is doing "You're My Best Friend".
    I thought about that song, too, plus "Killer Queen!"

OMG <---> Ace singing "We Will Rock You"

I haven't seen this on here yet, but look what I found on VoteForTheWorst.com (it's been featured on ONTD! before too):

Ms. Pickler in her prom dress (seriously).
    "The scantily-clad Pickler allegedly wore nothing more than a skimpy halter top with a low-rise, barely-there bottom to her prom. The outfit shows off what appears to be Kellie's pierced belly button, her flat stomach and her sultry, curvy teen bod.
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...06-631481.html

Bucky - One of his better performances but he's still mediocre. I like his personality tho.

Ace - I didn't think it was as bad as the judges said - I actually kind of liked it

Kelly - Hated it, thought she was affected & cheesy, and nobody with a munchkin voice should sing Freddie Mercury

Chris - Loved it, thought he sounded great.

Katherine - I swore she screeched the long notes but the judges raved. I don't get it. Thought it was the only time her voice sounded sucky & I cringed a couple of times. Maybe it sounded better live & they will recant after watching the tape.

Taylor - Fun & all Taylor. If you like him, then almost everything he does is great.

Elliot - Great job

Paris - Great job but for some inexplicable reason, I was a little uncomfortable with it. Not in touch with my own feelings on this one. ???
    Last edited by Lobelia; April 11th, 2006 at 09:56 PM.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

There's no hope for the world if Ace doesn't go home tomorrow night. Awful, awful, awful.

I thought Kellie was fun. The vocals weren't super strong, but I think she made up for it by being entertaining and energetic.

Bucky wasn't half bad; still not a fan of his, though. His hair was MUCH better and did he whiten his teeth?

I ADORE Taylor, great job tonight. I just love his voice; he's such a throwback, it's great.

Elliot rocked. I think I liked him the most tonight.

I really liked Paris' performance, but no one else I spoke to liked it much. Don't know why.

Chris was awesome. Then again, I don't know the song; so for all I know, he could've totally wonked it up.

Katherine, I didn't like at all. Her voice just doesn't do well on the "power" notes. It goes flat, IMO.
    ---

My pick for bottom three:

Ace without a doubt. Kellie. Toss up between Katherine and Paris.

Going home: It better be Ace.

[edit]: Queen night was as much a disaster as I thought it would be.

AyanEva

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    Ace - I didn't think it was as bad as the judges said - I actually kind of liked it
    I agree.

Kellie was much worse. And a lot scarier. The beginning of her song was frightening.

I liked Elliot the best. Then Katharine. That's about it. Everyone else was bad for me.

I liked Elliott & Taylor. I missed Chris and the snippet they play at the end doesnt really give you a good idea of how they did. I do agree with you Lobelia on Katharine, it seemed she screeched pretty much the entire song. And Paris it just didnt go with her, the rocked out theme. I felt she was ready for an S&M party. Sorry just my opinion.
    You know I kept trying to call right after the show and I kept getting a recording saying "Welcome to Verizon's conference calling center". I could have sworn I wrote the correct number down. Did anyone else have trouble?

I have to agree with AyanEva on the Ace thing. Why is he still there?? I cringe every time he does that thing with his eyebrow.

Now - for Elliot. Someone explain to me why they think he's such a great singer. He's not bad... but he's far from great. He's simply average. I pray for the night that little gnome gets voted off - AND HE WILL - by Chris.

Chris.. now, there is a man that can sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    Bucky - One of his better performances but he's still mediocre. I like his personality tho.

Kelly - Hated it, thought she was affected & cheesy, and nobody with a munchkin voice should sing Freddie Mercury

Chris - Loved it, thought he sounded great.

Katherine - I swore she screeched the long notes but the judges raved. I don't get it. Thought it was the only time her voice sounded sucky & I cringed a couple of times. Maybe it sounded better live & they will recant after watching the tape.

Taylor - Fun & all Taylor. If you like him, then almost everything he does is great.

Elliot - Great job

Paris - Great job but for some inexplicable reason, I was a little uncomfortable with it. Not in touch with my own feelings on this one. ???
    I agree with you 100% except for Ace - he makes me feel ill!

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom
    And Paris it just didnt go with her, the rocked out theme. I felt she was ready for an S&M party.

As for getting through to vote. I always text my votes in (for Taylor, Paris, and Elliot). I only text 10 or less times per episode (I've only been doing one or two per contestant this season) until the last two episodes or so; then my texting goes out the roof. This usually results in a horrific bill.

Between calling in and texting my sister and I voted for Bo Bice...it was somewhere between 300 and 500 times, but I can't remember the exact number. Probably closer to 300+.

I feel obligated to power vote at the end.

AyanEva

Thread Information