Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 5

Default Re: American Idol - Season 5

LOL

By the way. I am now convinced Paula is drunk. She sounds like a drunken sorority girl trying to formulate words into a sentence. Especially when she was jumping all over Simon about dancing or whatever that was supposed to be about.

Yes, as the show has progressed, her speech has gotten worse. God love the girl, I enjoy her on the show but I wish she'd save her drink/drug of choice for later.

ETA: I think Simon is genuinely annoyed with her tonight. He was quoted recently as saying that he was able to take one look at her before the show & know if it was going to be a good or a bad night with her. Being effed up on the air is unprofessional, and I would imagine that it's a very serious offense in Simon's book.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

They need to do checks on her Coke cup. I'm sure it is a huge offense in Simon's book, but she was bad last season too and she's still around.

Also, I think I almost sort of see why people like Kevin for once. His voice is more interesting than I thought. He had some really bad notes in there though.
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; March 21st, 2006 at 09:24 PM.

Dang, someone needs to take Paula's coke cup away, she just embarrassing now....
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

OK y'all, what's your summary of tonight?

Tonight, I liked best:
    Mandisa
    Paris
    Chris
    Kelly

I love Katherine & Elliot, but their songs bored me. Ace was his usual sexy self, and while I like watching him, it won't break my heart when he's gone.

And that little kid in the audience, she was precious!

Simon was on Howard Stern last week and of course he asked about the one results show where Paula was really off, and Simon said she was just overtired. Which is possible, because she had just gotten back from Vegas that day. She goes to Vegas like every week, she works there a lot.

I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm a big fan but she's not doing well. She doesn't really slur, but sometimes her words are slower. And her eyes looked so weird tonight, it almost creeped me out. I hope she leaves after this season (for her own good). She has many other projects that she could focus on, and I just think that would be best.

My favorites: Katharine, Paris, Ace

Regarding Chris - I hate that they allow him to change every song so they fit him. That's dumb, you're not supposed to change the song, YOU are supposed to conform to each song/genre. Plus I totally hated his rendition of the song, so he was just bad for me tonight.

I think Bucky, Lisa, or Kevin will go. Hopefully Kevin.

^^^But Simon even applauded Chris' refusal to conform, and he consistently criticizes karaoke (i.e., identical) versions of songs. I think it's a sign of a true artist to make a song their own.

Silver Member

Catherine and Mandisa perform quite effortlessly, imo. Ace has a smile that makes me smile. They are all talented and I hope they have careers in music when this is all over. Paula being silly is an act.

His song was just horrible..I actually agree with Simon..the way he sang it..it wasn't his best.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134
    Regarding Chris - I hate that they allow him to change every song so they fit him. That's dumb, you're not supposed to change the song, YOU are supposed to conform to each song/genre. Plus I totally hated his rendition of the song, so he was just bad for me tonight.
    The judges like for them to stay true to their style no matter what the genre. I thought it was really cool how he adapted the song and he sounded fantastic.

Bye Bye Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac
    The judges like for them to stay true to their style no matter what the genre. I thought it was really cool how he adapted the song and he sounded fantastic.

Bye Bye Bucky.
    ^ Exactly. There's no rule that says you can't change the song. What Chris does, which is smart, is take songs and make them sound relevant today. Most of the other songs, sure, the voices are fine, but if I heard them on the radio I would turn it off.

I couldn't get into his version of Walk the Line though, I even rewound my tape to try and watch it again but it just didn't work for me. I like the song, I like Chris, but I did not like his version of the song. Maybe I just feel deep down that you shouldn't really change Johnny Cash's stuff. Also, his Stevie Wonder changeup from last week wasn't his own huge change on Stevie Wonder's version, he did a good version of the Red Hot Chili Peppers version, but was applauded for his creativity at changing it himself. I guess I'm just starting to be "over" him too. Sad, he was my favorite from the very beginning at auditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    ^^^But Simon even applauded Chris' refusal to conform, and he consistently criticizes karaoke (i.e., identical) versions of songs. I think it's a sign of a true artist to make a song their own.
    Because Simon is a producer and the winner also goes on his label ... he's probably the most unbiased judge out there. If the producers are allowing Chris to do this, he'd be supporting them fully especially since he's been pimping Chris as one of the final three.

Infusing your style into a song is totally different from changing the entire arrangement and feel of the song. If every night is going to be rock night for Chris, let's do away with the themes and let everyone sing whatever the heck they're comfortable with. Why not???

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    I am now convinced Paula is drunk. She sounds like a drunken sorority girl trying to formulate words into a sentence.
    Doesn't she have some sort of rare ailment? Something was mentioned in an interview she did a year or so ago. It could have a huge effect on her behaviour, especially if she's on medication and it's a degenerative disease.

Last night was tough. I didn't vote. I just couldn't. Paris was really great. Almost called for her but then I felt guilty not voting for my fav.

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information