Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I also thought it was weird JLo kept calling him "Steve". lol
    LOL, he corrected her tonight. She said, "Do you want to go first, Steve?" and he looked at her, paused, and said "Steven". HAHAHAHAHA!
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

The sob story at the end of tonight's episode actually made me sob. hard. Such a beautiful girl became a vegetable in the blink of an eye. It was startling to see the difference in her. Not sure if I'm the biggest fan of him, but that story broke my heart.

I hate the term vegetable. Where did that even originate from? And why not fruit?
    Last edited by cupcake; January 27th, 2011 at 12:22 PM.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    The sob story at the end of tonight's episode actually made me sob. hard. Such a beautiful girl became a vegetable in the blink of an eye. It was startling to see the difference in her. Not sure if I'm the biggest fan of him, but that story broke my heart.
    That was so sad! She seemed to understand what was going on, so maybe her recovery will continue.

On the whole, AI seems much more geared to really finding talent now.
    The two new members seem really interested and actually caring.
    When it gets down to the nitty gritty, they have a deeper understanding of what it takes. Like, Simon has never had to walk out in front of a crowd and sing. I am surprised I am not missing him at all.

I am also surprised at the deep appreciation for any kind of music that both have, but especially Steven. Simon whould have been whining over the C&W singers, while they showed real excitement.

I think we will see all judges focused on the talented singers and not bickering among themselves. That always struck me as disrespectful.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^Yeah, I agree. Everything seems so much less mean-spirited without Simon. I definitely don't miss all the staged bickering that went on.

And I like that they're focussing on good singers this year and not showing so many of the crap auditions.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    ^^Yeah, I agree. Everything seems so much less mean-spirited without Simon. I definitely don't miss all the staged bickering that went on.

And I like that they're focussing on good singers this year and not showing so many of the crap auditions.
    They should limit the crazy people or better, eliminate them altogether. I hope they scan them for weapons before they get on. Some of those people would make me super nervous.

Last night was the first one I watched. I usually skipped this part of the show, but was pleasantly surprised that they focused on the talent instead of parading a bunch of losers to laugh at.

The final guy with his brain-damaged fiancee...so sad, she was such a beautiful girl before the accident. But I hope they don't keep milking the story like they did Danny Gokey's dead wife. It's a tragedy what happened to that poor girl but I don't think seeing her fiance on AI is going to make much difference to her recovery, and at a certain point it's exploitative.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    LOL, he corrected her tonight. She said, "Do you want to go first, Steve?" and he looked at her, paused, and said "Steven". HAHAHAHAHA!
    I know,...I lmao over that. I couldn't believe she ever called him Steve to begin with,...who the hell does that? You never hear him reffered to as Steve. It must have bugged him as well.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I know,...I lmao over that. I couldn't believe she ever called him Steve to begin with,...who the hell does that? You never hear him reffered to as Steve. It must have bugged him as well.
    A lot of people shorten names without asking. Maybe she thinks it's OK, as everyone seems to call her Jen. I totally LOL'ed as well, though. Awkward.

Well, last night I was actually hating Jlo. She interrupted EVERYONE, most often Randy. Acting like she was in charge. I wanted to punch her in the face.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

a) Steve, opps STEVEN, is creeping me out with his oogling eyes at any hot young girl *shudders
    b) did anyone catch him saying into the fiance's ear that Chris was going to Hollywood because he sings to her?
    I kept thinking, she's in a wheelchair not deaf!
    c) the bad, scratch that... horrible singers are giving me nightmares
    d) Jlo... stop touching your hair, leave it alone ((slaps hand))

fgg

i still like all three of the judges and i'm completely surprised by that.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    i was crying too! he seems like an amazing person and, at the very least, a decent singer.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    b) did anyone catch him saying into the fiance's ear that Chris was going to Hollywood because he sings to her? I kept thinking, she's in a wheelchair not deaf!
    their attention toward her bugged me. they were all speaking like she was a child or an idiot. i'm not sure how much the accident actually affected her thinking/reasoning, etc. but the way they acted rubbed me wrong. it is not ok to just go up and start touching all over, hugging and talking in someone's ear just because they are handicapped. personal space!

Yea, Steven is a tad pervy towards some of the young and pretty girls. I hope he stops that.

Maybe its me but, while Im sorry about the brain damaged girl, I feel her boyfriend could not sing and had no business going to Hollywood. I knew from the moment they started talking about his story that he was going, especially when they asked him to bring her out. Its a tragedy what happened to her but he should not get a free pass to Hollywood because of it.

Again, watching it with family and all of us agree that alot of people going to Hollywood this season have no business going there. They have a rude awakening coming to them. I appreciate that one person, I forgot who, was told that maybe they could go later but now wasnt the time because they needed more work but IIRC she got sent to Hollywood anyway. And whats up with the tears? Everyone keeps crying about how much they really wanted to go as if no one knew that already. Im thinking once we get past Auditions well find out how good these people really are and sadly I dont think therell be many good ones there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    The final guy with his brain-damaged fiancee...so sad, she was such a beautiful girl before the accident. But I hope they don't keep milking the story like they did Danny Gokey's dead wife. It's a tragedy what happened to that poor girl but I don't think seeing her fiance on AI is going to make much difference to her recovery, and at a certain point it's exploitative.
    This. The producers tend to go overboard with that stuff. I remember they did that with Danny Gokey. As sad as the situation may be, it gets to the point where it is a bit exploitative.
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information