Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Alexander View Post
    That look of shock on Hailey's face when she was eliminated was priceless - you could tell she was not expecting it. Clearly she thought she was going to the final . She is talented, but I think her attitude turned some voters off.

Although Hailey is talented and had some great performances, I didn't think the viewers would be voting for her because of her attitude at times.

Anyway, I wish James was in the final with Lauren. He should be there! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I noticed in the videos of when they went home, Hailey wasn't emotional. Well, she was happy but not touched or humbled like the other 2. It was like she was used to huge crowds gathering in her honor. I know it's edited and all but still. She even had that joke going on about the security guy crying, and she pretended to cry. Badly. It's not a big deal I guess, but it does imply the girl is kind of full of herself, and not even in the way Jennifer Hudson was back in her day. Jennifer was a fighter. You could tell that she believed in herself and was going to work to get there. Hailey acts as if she's already there. If her attitude had been different, she would have totally been one of my favorites.

I love Lauren & Scotty, and would love for them to continue singing together sometimes. Their voices sound great together. Yes, they're young and goofy and a little rough but anybody on GR who listens to country music can vouch that these two are going to be big. Just like I knew it when Carrie Underwood did her audition. Lauren will get over her stage fright at some point. Carrie turned into a really good performer, and Lauren will too.

I agree, Lauren has the potential to become a big star. I remember Carrie's audition, and could just tell she had something special and seemed humble at the same time.

Just a random thought, I wonder if Simon was a judge this year whether he would've liked Scott, as he was never a country music fan.

^^I keep thinking that same thing, with so much country each week. It's like, with Simon gone, the show could finally fully embrace the country.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

I remember other seasons they would only dedicate one week to country music, and that was it. Then Simon would say 'i just don't get country'.
    Last edited by arie_skop; May 21st, 2011 at 01:10 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    This was my prediction for the longest, but alas, I missed it by one.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Although Hailey is talented and had some great performances, I didn't think the viewers would be voting for her because of her attitude at times.

I live in the same area Haley is from as well....it's funny. Was listening to a radio station talk about her elimination and they said Chicago was busy watching the Bulls game and didn't vote for Haley the way the normally might save to save her from elimination. LOL. Whatever.

^ Reminds me of when Jennifer Hudson was eliminated. The Chicago area had major storms that night, lots of people with no electricity who couldn't watch the show and vote. Or so the story goes.

I think the major voting blocs are in the south. The southern contestants always seem to last the longest on this show.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Lauren. Something about her bugs the crap out of me.

Although James didn't always hit his notes, there was something about him -- I thought he was quite magnetic on stage.

Blek! So ready for this thing to end. I could care less who wins the AI title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Blek! So ready for this thing to end. I could care less who wins the AI title this year.

Same here, I dont like the final 2 I find them both so bland. I think a James and Hailey final would've been better.

poo on all you! i love this season, i love who made it into the final, and can't wait for tomorrow!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'm with ya, msdeb!!! Forget the haters!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    poo on all you! i love this season, i love who made it into the final, and can't wait for tomorrow!
    lol I will still watch the final, and still curious to see who wins.

LOVED Lauren's single; Scotty's was boring, which was too bad. I agreed with Randy and JLo that Scotty took the first round and Lauren the second. I'd be happy with either winning but I'm kind of rooting for Lauren just because I really like her.

I'm still astounded that they're both such good performers at such a young age. Especially Scotty on his "Gone" reprisal - just amazing.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Lauren will win, but Scotty will be big in country music.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information