Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1136
Like Tree414Likes

Thread: American Horror Story

I didn't see it but based on the comments on Facebook, it's good. Apparently, it's more like Season 1....about horror and suspense. Not so much the sex and gore.

*SPOILER ALERT* RE CAP OF FIRST EPISODE SEASON SIX:

It's called "My Roanoke Nightmare"

American Horror Story Season 6 Premiere Recap and Official Preview

After months of mystifying adverts from FX and a more secretive-than-usual production staff, the American Horror Story Season 6 premiere finally revealed the season’s subtitle: “My Roanoke Nightmare.” Not sure if it was really worth the network going out of its way to hide the premise, as there is nothing particularly shocking about it. What is different about this season is the structure. It is put together like “Making a Murderer” or “Dateline”: talking head interviews with the “real” subjects talking about what happened and how they felt, interspersed with “re-enactments” to illustrate the story.

“My Roanoke Nightmare” is the story of Matt and Shelby Miller, an interracial married couple who have the perfect life. They live in Los Angeles. She is a yoga instructor; he is a pharmaceutical sales rep. When he gets a promotion and she finds out she is pregnant, the couple go out and celebrate. They run into a gang, whose members play the “knock-out” game with Matt and leave him unconscious on the street. At the hospital, the doctors are worried because they don’t know when he might wake up. Shelby insists on seeing him, and as soon as she holds his hand, he starts to wake. It’s nothing supernatural; they just have that strong of a bond. But the stress of the situation causes Shelby to miscarry, and the two no longer feel safe in Los Angeles. They head east, to Matt’s home in North Carolina.

While having the “perfect day” in the woods, they come across a beautiful old farmhouse that was built in 1792 and sits on 20 acres of woodland. It has grand, curving staircases and big round windows that look like eyes. The couple are instantly in love but doubt they can afford it. They attend the auction, where the only other bidders are a trio of rednecks. The Millers win the auction for $40,000 – their entire life savings, but more than double than the opening bid – which pisses off the hillbillies.

Matt loves the country life, but senses Shelby’s reluctance. They are having sex when they hear a growling, generic “scary noise” and loud banging. Outside, Matt discovers torn-apart garbage cans, which he initially attributes to bears or raccoons. Then a trash can sails through the air at him, and Matt thinks the hillbillies are screwing with him. He has faced discrimination in the past, especially living in the south, and the fact that he is black and his wife is white certainly doesn’t win over racists.
    The next day, Matt is out running errands when it begins to hail. Shelby, home alone, goes out to watch the hail and discovers that it isn’t tiny chunks of ice – it is hailing human teeth. By the time Matt comes home, the teeth are gone and he convinces his wife that it was just regular hail – he drove through the storm himself. She feels foolish.
    Shelby is unconcerned when Matt has to go out of town for work for a few days. He will only be two hours away, and secretly, she is looking forward to some alone time. One night, after dinner, she takes her glass of wine down the hall and thinks she sees two young women walking the same hall. They are gone in an instant and Shelby shakes it off. She goes outside to relax in the hot tub (though it is not on, so I don’t know what the point of it is). Suddenly a hand appears and tries to drown her. She is scared, choking, then suddenly it stops. By the time she can see, whoever it was is gone. She calls the cops, then her husband, who rushes home. Shelby says her attackers wore old costumes of some sort, and carried pitchforks and torches. The officer who took her statement said there was no evidence of another person being there, and suggests Shelby was seeing things. Matt suggests it was the racist hillbillies, and the officer promises to go check up on them, then suggests Matt gets a gun. Matt feels like he is being condescended to.
    That night, as Shelby sleeps, Matt again goes to investigate Generic Spooky Noises. He finds a bloody, dead pig on their porch, and decides that is proof that the hillbillies were trying to scare them away. Matt doesn’t tell Shelby; he just buries the pig in the woods and installs security cameras around the property. He has to go back to Raleigh, but calls his sister, Lee, to come stay with Shelby.

Lee and Shelby never really got along. Lee thought that Shelby was “fake;” Shelby thought that Lee was selfish. In an out-of-place “flashback” (out of place for the style of show this season is taking), we learn about Lee’s troubled past. After getting a degree in criminal psychology, she became a cop and was on her way to making detective when she was injured on the job, and became addicted to painkillers. She was fired for taking them while on the beat, and soon after, her husband asked for a divorce and got custody of their child.
    Shelby is making dinner when she hears a noise. Foolishly she puts down her knife and goes to investigate. She finds nothing and returns to find her knife gone – it has been stabbed into the slab of meat she is cooking on the stove. Shelby is startled by Lee, who she blames for the knife trick. Lee asks Shelby to refrain from drinking wine in the house so that she doesn’t relapse. She assures Shelby she may no longer have her badge… but she still has her gun.
    Lee thought that Shelby was just making up scary stories so she could move back to Los Angeles. Then one night, she wakes to Generic Spooky Noises, and a wine bottle rolls into her room. Thinking it was Shelby messing with her, Lee confronts her, and the two launch into a yelling match. It is around this time that Matt gets an alert on his cell phone. The security camera sensors were triggered, and on the video, he sees people in costume carrying torches towards the house. Matt calls home frantically, but both Shelby and Lee are too absorbed in their fight to notice the phone call – or the shadowy figures that pass by the window carrying torches. With his faith in the police squelched, Matt rushes home.

The ladies stop arguing when Lee hears a creak. Someone is in the house. Lee starts to investigate, Shelby close on her heel, afraid to be alone. They go into the basement, where a dim light glows and painful moaning can be heard. All they find is a TV playing old home movies taken in the forest. The cameraman says “it is close, I can smell it” and finds a man in a pig mask dancing in the woods. The cameraman is next crying, on the ground, before the video cuts to black. Suddenly the lights in the basement go out, and the women discover they are locked in. Shadowy footsteps pass by the tiny basement windows and make stomping noises on the floor above. They are in the house. Shelby suspects they were in the basement for 20-30 minutes. Then everything is quiet, and they go upstairs.
    Lee and Shelby find dozens of long, thin tree branches stretched across the foyer. Hanging from the branches are hundreds of crude wooden dolls, not unlike those seen in The Blair Witch Project. Matt gets home after the cops have come and gone. They chalked it up to vandalism, which is about what Matt expects from them. He watches the video and thinks it’s a fake from the hillbillies. Matt thinks they are just trying to scare them into leaving, and Shelby is fine with that. She wants to leave, now. Lee and Matt both believe they shouldn’t be driven out of their own home. Shelby storms out of the house and drives off into the night.
    Matt calls Shelby, but as she answers, she looks away and slams into a woman on the road who came out of nowhere. Ignoring Matt, Shelby stumbles from her car, looking desperately for the woman in old-timey colonist clothes. She sees the victim head off into the woods and follows. Not 50 feet into the woods, and the woman disappears. Then Shelby realizes she can’t find her way out. She is lost. She hears a noise and hurries towards it, hoping for help, but instead she finds hundreds more primitive stick dolls. Shelby runs in fear, trips, and realizes the ground is breathing. Like she fell onto the chest of a sleeping giant, the ground in all directions heaves up and down. She runs some more, and sees torches. The colonists are there, forming a circle. Another colonist runs from the woods, screaming, with the top of his head cut off. Shelby screams, and the episode cuts to black.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/features/766667-american-horror-story-season-6-premiere-recap-and-official-preview

Last edited by Bluebonnet; September 15th, 2016 at 08:58 AM.
    MsDark likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Didn't read the article, because I didn't see the episode yet. I didn't realize it was even starting already and I halfheartedly tried to find it on TV last night and then got sidetracked by crap. But I like having something to look forward to.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I watched
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm watching now, pretty good. Why was the hot tub not running? It appeared to be just an outside bathtub.
    Wisher likes this.

I liked it. Sarah Paulson can do no wrong in my book. I love tv shows like Paranormal Witness so this should be a good season.Anyone notice Chaz Bono as one of the hillbillys?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    I liked it. Sarah Paulson can do no wrong in my book. I love tv shows like Paranormal Witness so this should be a good season.Anyone notice Chaz Bono as one of the hillbillys?
    Seriously or just jokes? I didnt see anything on IMDB.

I liked it. Was Chaz really in it?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yup, Chaz was on. Not sure I would have noticed if first ep had not been spoilered before I saw. One of the 3 hillbillys who lost bid for new ghost/murder house.

Thanks, I'd've never realized.
    Wisher likes this.

Watched last night and really liked it so far. I totally missed Chaz.

I hope they don't write themselves into a million corners this season. Even though there are probably many plausible explanations for what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke, that story always gives me the creeps, so I'm liking that theme.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm really digging the way they are doing this. It is like a Discovery ID episode and I'm all over that. I just wonder if all the cast is going to be incorporated into this first story or if they are going to do another.
    Bluebonnet and Wisher like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Even though there are probably many plausible explanations for what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke, that story always gives me the creeps
    stephen king's version of roanoke in 'storm of the century' was pretty wild.

i could've stared chaz bono in the face for 15 minutes and still not know it was him.

i love the usual cast but not impressed with cuba gooding jr., he's just not interesting as an actor to me and i don't like his voice.

I LOVED the first episode. Haunted houses are the classic horror for me and this wonderfully creepy episode looks promising.
    Waterslide and Wisher like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    stephen king's version of roanoke in 'storm of the century' was pretty wild.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I will check that out. It's a mini-series, not part of a book, right?

You're welcome! Enjoy. Yeah, I saw it on tv in a mini-series.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Watched last night and really liked it so far. I totally missed Chaz.

I hope they don't write themselves into a million corners this season. Even though there are probably many plausible explanations for what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke, that story always gives me the creeps, so I'm liking that theme.
    Dean Koontz has a book about Roanoke called Phantoms. Very good.
    Waterslide, Wisher and panic like this.

Thread Information