Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Like Tree393Likes

Thread: American Horror Story

Hit By Ban Bus!

This season of AHS sounds incredibly stupid. I'm glad I stuck to my guns and refused to get sucked in. Slave torture just isn't my thing. [I'm sure I mentioned my hatred of the idea of Lalaurie ahead of this season somewhere on this thread.]

Instead of a dark, creepy, psychological take on magic, covens and whatnot: is it all in their heads? how far will they go?--which nevertheless evinces easily manipulated, misconstrued, or genuinely dark 'consequences'.--- they gave ya'll cartoon witches who can fling buses and build Frankenstein's lovers. Bewitched on meth. This mess sounds laughable.

Admittedly, the young witches are stooopid. But the older ones, and Misty, are much better. More plotting and sophisticated. But then again, my standards for MAKE BELIEVE aren't that high. I will admit it could have been a bit darker (spookier) than it was.

Fiona is coming off like a real bitch (I do enjoy watching her!) so I don't know if Mel's snowflake can be right. I was thinking the only way she redeems herself is IF her daughter is the supreme. Then her treatment of said daughter would be to throw the other supreme-killing witches off the trail.
    Sassiness likes this.

I have really liked this season. Sure I hate most of the characters but I do that in most shows I watch. Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates have been terrific.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I have really liked this season. Sure I hate most of the characters but I do that in most shows I watch. Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates have been terrific.
    I agree, they make the entire show.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh, I'm sure those ladies all doing superlative work but I can't help but get the impression that they are being ill-served by the material. Naturally, the mark of good acting is rising above the material but still, it's a shame.

Misty beat that bitches ass!

This season felt very... disjointed, I guess would be the best word? And Evan Peters was COMPLETELY wasted. But the performances were all amazing, aside from Gabourey.

I hate the character played by Evan Peters.
    gas_chick likes this.

Elite Member

How did Delphine die (just by being stabbed)? I thought she was immortal? And also Marie? Chopping her up and spreading her all over New Orleans did the trick? How was Delphine (who had no magic) able to get Marie tied up to cut her up in the first place?

Some of this shit makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    How did Delphine die (just by being stabbed)? I thought she was immortal? Some of this shit makes no sense.
    I THINK she was able to die because once Marie was dead, Delphine stopped being immortal.
    gas_chick likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Too bad about Evan Peters, but clearly he's in good company this season.

Imagine if they'd used my ideas for the season. [posted on this thread someplace] Evan Peters as a young NOLA aristo during the Edwardian period, the time of Axeman, the early jazz period in NOLA. Taissa is an orphaned poor cousin who has come to live with them. Natch, the two fall in love. His mother Jessica Lange is in a secret coven.. Cromwell is his father, and he belongs to an all male secret Order of rich men. They believe their magicks, [perhaps derived from Crowely and the OTO], their membership in the Order, helps them get ahead and stay ahead. [ala The Club Dumas] Bates, Paulson, and Rabe are members of Lange's coven. Basset is Lange's maid, Sadibe is Basset's daughter, but within the Coven they are equals because they're related to Marie Laveau..somehow, the coven finds itself at odds with the Order..perhaps the Coven finds out the Order is behind Axeman, sending him out to murder women for some nefarious purpose..an epic battle of magic and wits ensues, made more interesting by the fact that the Order consists of husbands, brothers, sons, cousins, of the Coven..

So instead of bunch of women chopping EACH OTHER up, you've got a satisfying war against the patriarchy. but of course a man is running this show...

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    This season felt very... disjointed, I guess would be the best word? And Evan Peters was COMPLETELY wasted. But the performances were all amazing, aside from Gabourey.
    agreed. i hate it when i find myself wishing they'd die FOR REAL (on the show)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I hate the character played by Evan Peters.
    yep.
    I THINK she was able to die because once Marie was dead, Delphine stopped being immortal.
    sounds plausible.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

That was my take on it too.

They never did explain how Delphine killed / caught Marie. Or did I miss it?

I didn't like how Fiona went out.

Also, I would have preferred if it was the Coven v. others, too. When they went in that direction (the meeting with the Order or taking on the Axman) it was awesome. I wanted to see more magic and witch's kicking ass.

Still, I have loved the performances.

Marie died because she didn't hand over the baby and fufill her duty, and they said when she dies, so can Madam Lalaurie (or w/e her name is spelled). Didn't LaLaurie just drug her? So I guess she passed out then she started cutting her up. It could've done with explaining how she didn't just use her powers to stop Delphine, though.

I did really like when the witches banded together to meet with the witchhunters, so it would've been cool to have had more of a "girl power" thing. Plus I feel like some characters just get forgotten about, but aren't dynamic enough to get missed so when they come back you're just like "oh, yeah, you" like the Taissa Farmiga (who SUCKS) and Gabourey (who SUCKS) and Evan Peters (who was def totally underused). I'm in the minority for liking Emma Roberts though, I liked when she came back. She's not that interesting a bitch, but I still like when there's one bitchy character. I did really like the season overall though, it's hard when I loved the first season so much to not be a little disappointed when the rest don't surpass or at least match it! But this is def better than last season. I loved Angela Bassett, Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, and Frances Conroy, it still had awesome female characters. Oh, and Misty, love Misty. I can't wait for next week's episode though I hope it's going to live up to the excitement that a finale like that should have.

Didn't they kill Nan in place of the baby? What the hell even happened to the baby now that you mention it?

Thread Information