Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Like Tree414Likes

Thread: American Horror Story

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Ryan Murphy Teases Kathy Bates's role on AHS S3

Crazy as she was, Misery psychopath Annie Wilkes apparently has nothing on the super-villain Kathy Bates is bringing to American Horror Story in Season 3.

“Oh, Kathy’s never [played] someone this bad,”Ryan Murphy revealed to TVLine with a laugh at PaleyFest Wednesday night, where he was honored with the event’s inaugural Icon Award. “Her [character] is a bad, bad woman!”
    While most details surrounding the acclaimed actress’ buzzy new role are being kept under wraps, Murphy couldn’t help but raise fans’ expectations just a teensy bit more by promising that Bates’ Horror Story nemesis is “five times worse than [her] Misery character — which is why she liked it.
    “When I pitched this to Kathy, her mouth was drop-jawed because what I was pitching actually happened,” Murphy continued. “It’s a true event… You’ll see. It’s some good stuff.”
    As previously reported, Horror Story vet Jessica Lange essentially had her pick of actors for the FX drama’s upcoming chapter — which is how the idea to cast Bates first came to Murphy.
    “Jessica told me in Season 1 that Kathy was a huge fan of the show, so I just put that in the back of my mind,” the prolific producer explained. “When we were crafting this season, I found this character — a true-life character — so I called Kathy and said, ‘I don’t know if you want to do TV again, but I’ve got this character…’ She said, ‘I love you and I love the show. Lemme think for two weeks’ — and then she called me in an hour and said, ‘I love it! I’ll do it!’ It was great.”
    Source

Someone in the comments mentions this lady:

Delphine LaLaurie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marie Delphine LaLaurie (née Macarty or Maccarthy, c. 1775 – c. 1842), more commonly known as Madame LaLaurie, was a Louisiana-born socialite and serial killer known for her involvement in the torture and murder of black slaves.
    Born in New Orleans, LaLaurie married three times over the course of her life.[citation needed] She maintained a prominent position in the social circles of New Orleans until April 10, 1834, when rescuers responding to a fire at her Royal Street mansion discovered bound slaves within the house who showed evidence of torture over a long period.[citation needed] LaLaurie's house was subsequently sacked by an outraged mob of New Orleans citizens[citation needed], and it is thought that she fled to Paris[citation needed], where she died due to a boar attack during a hunting accident.[citation needed]
    As of 2012, the Royal Street mansion where LaLaurie lived is still standing and is a prominent New Orleans landmark.

~~

No thanks. Do not want a season of slave torture.
    I totally called this in my own head! I didn't say anything about it, because I thought it was kind of off the wall. I never knew about the axe-murderer guy, but I do know this story. If I'm not mistaken, Nicolas Cage's stupid ass actually owned that house where Delphine LaLaurie lived and tortured all those people. I thought there might have been a thread about it around here?

I don't want to watch slave torture either, but the story is about as horror-filled as you can get.
    shedevilang and I'mNotBitter like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Yeah, I really don't want to watch slave torture either, so I'm pretty bummed out now.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Honestly, from what I've read and seen about Delphine LaLaurie, I don't think they'd get most of it past the censors. It would make Saw look like a Disney film. Maybe she'd just be a ghost or spirit of some sort so we wouldn't be in the thick of extreme torture?

By the way, the thing about Nicolas Cage owning the house may just have been a rumor. I can't find out for sure at the moment.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

This is what the Wikipedia entry says:

In April 2007, actor Nicolas Cage bought the LaLaurie House through Hancock Park Real Estate Company LLC for a sum of $3.45 million.[29] The mortgage documents were arranged in such a way that Cage's name did not appear on them.[30] On November 13, 2009 the property, then valued at $3.5 million, was listed for auction as a result of bank foreclosure and purchased by Regions Financial Corporation for $2.3 million.[30]
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    This is what the Wikipedia entry says:

OK, my confusion stemmed from me skimming the following article. At first I thought they were saying he didn't own the LaLaurie mansion, then I realized they were talking about something else completely. He did own it, but no one is sure if he ever stayed in it or not.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nicolas Cage & the LaLaurie Curse Revisited

(I'm reprinting below a blog post that I originally wrote on November 19,2009. Last week, when I read about actor Nicolas Cage's latest run-in with the law in New Orleans--because of his drunken misbehavior involving, among other things, real estate-- I thought that maybe the LaLaurie House Curse was still hounding him. Today I read that he has sold another piece of real estate--a vast mansion in Rhode Island--taking a loss of more than nine MILLION dollars. Poor Nicolas Cage!

Last week's drama began when he got into a public brawl with his wife, Alice Kim, while standing outside a house in the French Quarter. He insisted that they go in because he believed it was their (current) house on Dumaine Street, but she insisted it was the wrong house. Cage ended up taking out his anger on her, some nearby vehicles and arriving cops.

Turns out the building in question was not the notorious LaLaurie House described below. But when it comes to real estate, Cage does seem to be laboring under a curse.

As to the LaLaurie house--which has brought misfortune to everyone who ever owned or lived in it--a friend of mine who was in NOLA recently said that it is being restored and fixed up to be a "Haunted Hotel." It's not clear whether or not Nicolas Cage ever spent a night in the LaLaurie House when he owned it, but I can tell you I would never have the nerve to stay in the LaLaurie Haunted Hotel!)

Published on Nov. 19, 2009
    I was not going to write another word about true haunted house stories, but then my good friend Kay who lives in NOLA gave me a heads up that one of the two mansions that Nicolas Cage has lost to foreclosure in New Orleans was the notorious LaLaurie House in the French Quarter. I did a little research and wrote up this fascinating story and sent it on to the New York Post's Page Six and the info was cited in Page Six's lead item:"I Warned Nic Cage to cool it".

I had known for years the stomach-turning details of the terrible events in the LaLaurie House back in the 1800's and I thought it was interesting that the media--which wrote about Cage's financial and legal disasters last week -- did not mention the evil karma that has dogged the owners of this "most haunted" house since the horribly mutilated victims were discovered in 1834.

Nic Cage himself was well aware of the story and has mentioned it often, including on the Letterman show. He has said that no one in his family has ever had the nerve to spend the night in the house but that he planned to. He also has rejected the requests of a number of "ghost hunters" to check out the house because he feels it would be "exploiting" the ghosts.

Anyway--here's my write up on the story. Tomorrow I'll turn to happier subjects.

Nicolas Cage’s Foreclosed Mansion is New Orleans’ Most Haunted House

On Friday, Nov. 13th it was announced that actor Nicolas Cage had lost his two historically significant New Orleans mansions to foreclosure.

In April 2007 Cage paid $3,450,000 for the notorious LaLaurie house at 1140 Royal Street in the French Quarter. It was built in 1832 for Dr. Louis LaLaurie and his sadistic wife Delphine who , it turned out, was horribly torturing slaves in gruesome ways and keeping their broken and dismembered bodies chained and caged in the attic. The outbreak of fire in 1834 led to the discovery of her torture chamber. The family fled and were never charged. Since then, the ghost stories about the building have multiplied, making it a highly popular tourist stop. The mansion has served as a high school, a music conservatory, a bar, a furniture store, and empty tenement and an apartment building. Almost every inhabitant moved out within months or suffered tragedy and death. At one point it was “The Haunted Saloon”. It’s not clear if Cage ever lived in the building.

Last week the spooky French Empire mansion was acquired by the Birmingham, Ala.-based Regions Bank for $2.3 million.

The bank also acquired Cage’s mansion in the Garden District of New Orleans at 2523 Prytania Street . Cage had purchased it for $3,450,000 in June of 2005. The bank got it for 2.2 million. It was previously owned by novelist Anne Rice and originally was a Catholic Chapel.

Presumably the Garden District chapel, if haunted, houses benevolent ghosts, while the infamous LaLaurie house in the French Quarter would more likely produce hellish demons—like the ones described by pre-Cage inhabitants.

Hopefully no evil spirits haunt the 1830’s French Quarter mansion of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at 521 Governor Nicholls street, less than two blocks away.

Posted by by Joan Gage at 9:17 AM

Labels: Angelina Jolie, haunted hotel. Brad Pitt, LaLaurie house Curse, New Orleans, Nicolas Cage, open call, real estate
    A Rolling Crone: Nicolas Cage & the LaLaurie Curse Revisited
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Frances Conroy on American Horror Story Season 3, She'll Have a Larger Role This Time

News
    by Ryan Turek
    March 07, 2013
    Share this story

This summer, Ryan Murphy and the American Horror Story team return for a third season. Since the Asylum story arc wrapped, there has been plenty of fan art created and fan speculation as to where season three will turn. My money has always been on witchcraft and Dylan McDermott apparently confirmed that at a recent event in Los Angeles. What we do know for sure is that many cast members are returning, including Frances Conroy. ShockTillYouDrop.com spoke with the actress earlier today about season three.
    "It's going to start up again in July or August in New Orleans, I'll be part that and will have a fairly substantial part in it," Conroy told us. "I'll be in 10 of the episodes of what I think will be a 13-part season. That will be interesting to see what's written, the writers are so good and I can't wait to see where it goes." Asked if she, too, can confirm the witchcraft angle, she answered, "I know there's been a little bit of teasing, they're trying to keep it all hush hush so there are surprises. I'm interested in seeing what world we'll inhabit."
    Jessica Lange, Taissa Farmiga, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe will all return. Kathy Bates is also set to co-star.

ShockTilYouDrop.com
    dowcat likes this.

If it's set in Nawlins, it'll definitely be some witchy voo-doo, ju-ju theme.

Yay New Orleans!

Frances Conroy is awesome, I'd love for to have a bigger role on the show.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Oh yay, I love her!

I thought she was so well used as the angel in the last season, just sparingly enough to be really effective.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

^^ I agree. The sparse use kept her a bit mysterious which helped with the creepy vibe, yet she was comforting too. Very weird, awesome mix.

Definitely, it was deftly done
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Hit By Ban Bus!

I hope Jessica, Kathy Bates, and Frances Conroy are all in a Coven of Fierce W/Bitches. I hope they wreak havoc on the Patriarchy with vicious spells hehehe.

Hit By Ban Bus!

4. Ryan Murphy Announced “American Horror Story: Coven.”

The showrunner headed up the “AHS” panel at LA’s PaleyFest, with returning Season 3 cast members Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, and surprise guest, Kathy Bates (who’ll next play Lange’s main antagonist). Murphy confirmed the next series title, and—as a lot of fans have been guessing—that the next season will feature witches. “American Horror Story: Coven” will film in multiple locations, including New Orleans. He also referred to Jessica’s character as a “glamour cat;” to which Lange replied: “I don’t know what a ‘glamour cat’ is, but I am excited.” Me too, Jessica…me too. You can watch several videos of the panel:
    LINK

I can get down with this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Thread Information