Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Like Tree414Likes

Thread: American Horror Story

Elite Member

Just finished the last episode. Wow. Way to wrap up that Mary Eunice is the devil storyline, huh?
    shedevilang and HelpMeRhonda like this.

Wanna know what season 3 of American Horror Story will be? Then you’d better tune into tonight’s installment of AHS: Asylum, titled “The Name Game.” Hidden within the episode is a clue to the plot of the show’s next incarnation. Teases co-creator Ryan Murphy, “It’s not done like it was last year. It’s a different kind of clue. You really have to be quick and watch. I made sure to put it in there for the fans because I know people loved that last year, figuring it out.”
    Last year, Ryan Murphy told EW that a clue to the plot of season 2 of American Horror Story was hidden in episode 11, called “Birth.” True to his word, Sarah Paulson’s psychic Billie Dean gave a speech about the evil energy generated by places like prisons and asylums, which is, of course, the setting for the FX hit’s second season.

'American Horror Story': The secret to season 3 | Inside TV | EW.com
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Well what the hell was the clue?

I have NO CLUE! I was hoping someone else picked it up.
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

I recorded the show so maybe I'll go back and try to see if I can find it.

I half-watched this last night and didn't see a clue either.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

How about a crematorium/funeral home? Cucumber farm? The Vatican? I've watched the episode twice and I have no clue.

ETA: I am reading the comments on the EW recap and people are guessing witches because of the song "I Put a Spell on You".

I have them all recorded. I need to have a serious sit down and start from the first episode and pay attention. I'm still confused about some things.
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    How about a crematorium/funeral home? Cucumber farm? The Vatican? I've watched the episode twice and I have no clue.

ETA: I am reading the comments on the EW recap and people are guessing witches because of the song "I Put a Spell on You".
    I really like all of those possibilities. I'm ready for this one to wrap up and to start a new one. Too bad it's most of a year before it will come back.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

IMO we've had enough of a religious theme. I was surprised to learn the other day that Ryan Murphy is a practicing Catholic, yet he wrote this show to include just about every sacrilege I can think of. I really admire his twisted mind! We just started watching Glee too.

I watched it last night. During the Name Game bit I kept saying, "what? a song and dance number? what?" With this show though, you just have to roll with the absurd. I thought Lange's performance post-electro shock was awesome.

Jessica Lange never ceases to amaze me. I loved her character last season, but she's even better this year.

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    IMO we've had enough of a religious theme. I was surprised to learn the other day that Ryan Murphy is a practicing Catholic, yet he wrote this show to include just about every sacrilege I can think of. I really admire his twisted mind! We just started watching Glee too.
    I didn't know Ryan Murphy was a practicing Catholic, I agree that I admire his twisted mind too. Never thought I'd say that about the person who brought the world Glee (I get the appeal, it's just not my thing.)

I wouldn't mind a storyline about witches, that might be interesting.

I have a question, what does everyone think the significance of the bread is in this season? Is it meant to represent communion?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I think the clue has something to do with witches because of the "spell on you" there was something else they said that made me think this but I can't recall. This or maybe it has to do with voodoo?

Edit: I need to rewatch the episode because witches, voodoo and freakshow/carnival ideas are what came to mind but I can't remember why.
    If I had it all to do over again I would change probably change my screen name but it is what it is.

I guess I shouldn't expect it in AHS, but I would love to see a semi-realistic story about voodoo. Either way, I'd be up for a voodoo storyline.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by BelleRose View Post
    I think the clue has something to do with witches because of the "spell on you" there was something else they said that made me think this but I can't recall. This or maybe it has to do with voodoo?

Edit: I need to rewatch the episode because witches, voodoo and freakshow/carnival ideas are what came to mind but I can't remember why.
    Shirley Ellis, who sings The Name Game, lived in New Orleans.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins dressed as a Voodoo Priest while performing 'I put a spell on you':

So I'll say Voodoo in NOLA. I'll go further and predict it will take place during the 1920's, since season 2 went back 40 some-odd years from season 1.
    card, Waterslide and BelleRose like this.

Thread Information