Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: American Crime Story on FX February 2016

I think the acting has been good but the whole sideline Kardashian bullshit is unnecessary. Not sure if they think that is getting them younger viewers or what.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Ya'll do realize Al Cowlings was played by Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Theo Huxtable). I didn't realize that until today.

panic and dilligaf like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^I did not realize that either until someone told me.

Kardashian and Shapiro don't know what to do with themselves and completely crumble in the face of this crisis.

And Robert was just useless for anyone. He starts trying to talk to the prosecutor on the phone about other stuff like past barbecues they had together or something and the prosecutor's like, "Look, just bring OJ in!"

But Cochran doesn't waiver at all, he knows exactly what to do and uses everything that's happening right now towards OJ's defense.

I felt no sympathy for OJ crying in the car.

For me the car chase was hilarious because this chase was mimicked on Seinfeld. The part when AC told 911 that OJ wanted to see his mother and he was taking him to see his mother and, "dammit, you know who I am!" Because on the Seinfeld episode with Kramer driving Genderson (the golf pro) in the white bronco with all the cops chasing them and Kramer telling 911 on the phone, "I got Genderson in the car and he wants to see his fish. I'm taking him to see his fish so tell the police to just back off! I'm Kramer, you know who I am dammit!"
    Bluebonnet and SHELLEE like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Those couple scenes with the Kardashian kids... *groan* ...Cheering "Daddy" on TV as he reads O.J.'s suicidal note.
    Totally unneeded, irrelevant to the story/situation as a whole.

Other than that and the fact that I can't stop thinking about 'Friends'/hearing Ross' voice as Robert Kardashian Sr. - I think the series is good/watchable. Better than I thought it would be but, then again, I didn't expect much.

I do have a small random, non-sensical crush on Bruce Greenwood (who plays LA’s district attorney at that time: Gil Garrett).
    So, he was a nice casting surprise for me while watching last night’s episode.

Bluebonnet likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

He will always be Ashley Judd's asshole husband from that movie to me.
    Bluebonnet and OrangeSlice like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    Other than that and the fact that I can't stop thinking about 'Friends'/hearing Ross' voice as Robert Kardashian Sr. -
    I keep waiting for him to say: "But we were on a break!"
    SoCalMarie and Fly_On_TheWall like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    the acting was all terrible, as expected.
    Eh, I think it's alright. I was expecting much worse...

Bluebonnet and maryk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    He will always be Ashley Judd's asshole husband from that movie to me.
    Ha! Thought I was the only one.
    gas_chick likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Is this why radaronline has come up with a load of Kris Kardashian let Nicole Brown down stuff?

SoCalMarie - your postlisting the violence of the crima made my physically sick. As a dv survivor, I would have appreciated a warning.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Is this why radaronline has come up with a load of Kris Kardashian let Nicole Brown down stuff?

SoCalMarie - your postlisting the violence of the crima made my physically sick. As a dv survivor, I would have appreciated a warning.
    I really, sincerely apologize - I definitely did not intend to offend you or any one else on the board. I stupidly assumed people entering this particular thread saw the first episode and already knew/heard/saw what I stupidly paraphrased, not realizing that it could/would offend/trigger others.

Again, really, really sorry. I feel terrible.
    I'm also a survivor of abuse (which I've talked about a bit in a couple threads on the board) and having mentally and emotionally-detached myself from my experience(s) a long time ago - I've hardened to it. So much so, I tend to forget/don't realize that everyone deals with their experiences differently, have triggers and sensitivities. I should have been more cautious/aware of that fact in writing my recap and opinion of the first episode.
    I'm very sorry, truly.

Mods: Feel free to delete that entire post. I would but, I don't see the "Edit/Delete post" option on my end.

So low and cheesy to throw Kardashian anything in there other than Robert and showing Kris enough to say they were friends. I couldn't take Cuba in the Bronco, I had to mute all the screaming. Ross Geller was Ross Geller. I like Bruce Greenwood and Courtney Vance in the roles. Darden really did lose it during the trial, he was a mess. I'm afraid of how Judge Ito will come off, it was all such a mess. The kid that played little Rob K. is an actor on a soap opera and has to be the most obnoxious child actor that ever acted. I hope they don't give him anything to say. The guy playing Kato nailed it, he's hilarious.
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.

As long as they don't turn up in every episode, I don't mind the Kardashian kids. The OJ Simpson trial begat reality TV, after all. without it/him, there would be no Kardashians today. (Add that to the list of things OJ will burn in hell for.)
    Bluebonnet and OrangeSlice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    So low and cheesy to throw Kardashian anything in there other than Robert and showing Kris enough to say they were friends. I couldn't take Cuba in the Bronco, I had to mute all the screaming.
    I couldn't take it either, it was so annoying. I didn't believe he was crying for Nicole and/or Ron, I think he was crying for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by chalet View Post
    I like Bruce Greenwood and Courtney Vance in the roles.
    Me too, I think the prosecutor is cool. I liked the look on his face as crazy Shapiro was talking about barbecues on the phone. The prosecutor's face just winces in disgust and disbelief and he barks, "Just bring in OJ!" and slams down the phone.

And the guy playing Cochran is nailing it.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    I couldn't take it either, it was so annoying. I didn't believe he was crying for Nicole and/or Ron, I think he was crying for himself.
    He sure was crying for himself. There is a website that breaks down famous brutal murders, it was pages and pages long with specific timelines, showing the actual photos and the trails of blood etc. I've always wondered how OJ could get into his car and drive home where he'd have to be soaked or at least very splattered in wet blood, even if he was wearing a mask, a hazmat suit and gloves and not leave tons of blood in the car (much more than they found). I remember something about them taking apart his shower drain to find blood.

Elite Member

I haven't watched yet I plan on binging, but why are they focusing on the Ks? Like there weren't Simpson children or Nicole and Ron didn't have families. But the Ks were involved, so put them in heavily.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information