Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: American Crime Story on FX February 2016

Robert Shapiro and John as Robert Shapiro:

panic, SoCalMarie and Novice like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I couldn't help but notice how funny it was that OJ Simpson was shorter than Robert Shapiro and all the cops trying to handcuff him.

I love John Travolta in this role. Shapiro and Marcia Clark are the ones to watch.

Poor Nicole and Ronnie must've been so scared. And that poor dog watching that happen to Nicole. I can't imagine the horror.

I didn't much care for Sarah Paulson on American Horror, but now I have a new respect for her and I'm loving Marcia Clark. It's also funny that the character she played in Hotel always had a cigarette in her hand like Marcia Clark.

Can't wait to see Nathan Lane as F Lee Bailey.

If Kim Kardash's room actually had posters of Joey Lawrence and the Taylor Thomas kid, that's hilarious. Even at 10 years old I'd have laughed at that.

"The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Still don't know if I can sit through 10 episodes of this, it was interesting to compare the actors to the actual people but Cuba as O.J. is a little tough. He may act the hell out of it but I don't know if I can get over his stature and his voice, compared to the booming presence that was O.J.

And as I suspected, they had to throw in the TOTALLY unnecessary references to those dreaded K trolls at the funeral, oh unless you people watching haven't figured out who KRIS is, here's a reminder. I don't care if they were at the funeral or not, who the fuck cares, they're not part of the story. Ohhhh and please don't shoot yourself in KIMMY'S bedroom Juice!! Puke. Yeah I get that Daddy Kardashian was a major player, but even though Kris was a friend of Nicole's, she and Robert were already divorced by then and she was married to Bruce, so please leave the gratuitous pimping to a minimum, thanks.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Cuba as O.J. is a little tough. He may act the hell out of it but I don't know if I can get over his stature and his voice, compared to the booming presence that was O.J.
    I feel the same way.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    Poor Nicole and Ronnie must've been so scared. And that poor dog watching that happen to Nicole. I can't imagine the horror

****GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING****

One of the main things I remember about watching the actual trial was the statement, something along the lines of:
    "Her neck was cut so deep/viciously, that she was almost beheaded."
    As a 10 year-old, hearing that scared the sh*t out of me. And hearing that again on the first episode, brought back that same horrible pit-in-my-stomach, "how can someone do that to her, to anyone?" feeling.

I'm curious to see how they will handle the "flow" of the trial, will it be dragged out detail by detail, or will the show just touch on the major points.

One, being OJ trying on that damn glove in front of the jury.
    I still think he made a point to stretch out his hand/widen his palm in trying to make it look like they didn't fit, on top of the fact that he was wearing white (latex?) protective gloves while trying on the evidence leather gloves.

No sh*t they're not going to fit perfectly, no sh*t he's going to act like he's having trouble putting them on.
    It's not like the protective gloves were made of pantyhose material, where he could easily slip the leather gloves on and off.
    Then they got new gloves - same make/same size for him to try on, and holds his hands up, palms stretched out - with this derp look on his face.

And that smirk, at 10 I wanted to punch that smirk off his face.
    Throughout the trial he's smiling. Your wife, the mother of your children (and her friend) were brutally murdered, the details and the photos layed out in front of you - in front of everyone, and you're smiling like it's just another day? F*ck you dude.

Sorry, vent over. 20+ years of pent up "what the f*ckery..."

And I could've done without the Kris/Selma character. Giving Selma a speaking part in this was pretty generous of the writers.
    Last edited by Tati; February 11th, 2016 at 03:09 PM.
    panic likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

He's trying on a glove that has the blood of his dead wife on it and he's smirking. That's cold.That's OJ for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    He's trying on a glove that has the blood of his dead wife on it and he's smirking. That's cold.That's OJ for you.
    Cold hearted mother fucker. Classic sociopath.
    Tater Tot likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I swear, Travolta can play anyone. He has Shapiro's speech pattern down. I think his face is scary cause they are trying to make him look like RS.

I'm loving this story. Even though we all know how it ends, it's still good.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I am having great joy watching this with my 16year old son. Here's the convo:

Kid: So he got life, right?
    Me: He's in prison but not for the murders. He was found not guilty.
    Kid: WTF? How? There's the blood, with witnesses...
    Me: It's a long story. It was a media frenzy. The trial took forever, there was the Bronco chase....
    Kid: Bronco chase? What's that? Why would you do that?

It's awesome to watch it through his eyes. I don't really think PMK needs a character, because she's not integretal to the story. It's not like she testified at the trial or anything. And you don't have to keep bringing up the devil spawns' names.

Travolta is playing Shapiro as if he's effeminate, and I don't get that vibe from Shapiro at all. That's throwing me off. Schwimmer is doing very well by having Kardashians perpetually confused face. Cuba is passable as OJ. I look at him and see Cuba, not OJ.
    I can't wait to get tonight's conversation.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Krissy tells me they're doing the bronco chase tonight.

Not a whole of input on tonight except for this:

Kid: So did AC go to jail?
    Me: No.
    Kid: WTH? (points at TV). I'm quite sure one could get arrested for driving around with a fugitive and resisiting arrest.

He did find the people holding signs up on the side of the road quite comical. He lol'ed at "The Juice is Loose."
    SHELLEE and Bluebonnet like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

A.C was indeed arrested for aiding and abetting a fugitive (I googled it this morning) but he was never charged. O.J. was threatening to kill himself, holding the gun, so A.C. was pretty freaked out.

Cuba is acting the hell out of this. I was almost feeling sorry for O.J. last night in the Bronco chase, for a millisecond then I was like "No, wait. This cold hearted smug ass, narcissistic mother fucker!" That's how good of an actor Cuba is.

Watching this brings back memories of that Bronco chase and I remember standing in my living room, chain smoking (well...it WAS 1994) and we were worried that O.J. was gonna off himself right there live on national television.

And what was the scene when the Kardashian changelings watching the news and seeing their dad talk and when the reporter pronounced his last name wrong, the changelings spelled it out in unison: "K-A-R-D-A-S-H-I-A-N!!!!" Was that scene necessary?
    Wilson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post

And what was the scene when the Kardashian changelings watching the news and seeing their dad talk and when the reporter pronounced his last name wrong, the changelings spelled it out in unison: "K-A-R-D-A-S-H-I-A-N!!!!" Was that scene necessary?
    That pissed me off.

I was on vacation with my family trying to watch the damn NBA playoffs in our hotel when that chase broke in. I was pretty pissed. I was way into the NBA back then.
    holly likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

the acting was all terrible, as expected.
    dilligaf likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information