Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1841
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Elite Member

I've been dreading what may be coming for Glenn for seasons, but now that it may be coming I'm growing to possibly accept it.
    I just don't know that it would be a big deal for Carl since Glenn isn't that close to him on the show, he has been there since the beginning, but so have Daryl and Carol and Michonne is like his mom now. So there are a lot of losses that would be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Honestly I think at this point the only think that might get me to stop watching would be an increase in Carl, I can't stand that little shit. Actually an increase in whiney teenagers all around is really pushing it for me.
    Damn, Amber, I feel as if you are talking about 2013 Carl, not the no-longer-little, mellowed-out Carl.
    ikmccall likes this.

Elite Member

Get in the house Maggie!
    LastLook and o0Amber0o like this.

I mentioned in an earlier post how Kirkman had supposedly said that one character would never die....which is why I think Carol will survive next week, even after maybe pretending to sacrifice herself for Maggie (while dispatching the women threatening them). If she doesn't survive, wow, what bullsh*t. She is the ultimate survivor, and in the article I read Kirkman named her as said immortal character.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

The one character that will never die will be Carl because I hate him so much.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

I nominate Rick as the immortal. Isn't he the main character?

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    The one character that will never die will be Carl because I hate him so much.
    See Mohandas - I'm not alone!The kid is obnoxious no matter what year it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    I nominate Rick as the immortal. Isn't he the main character?
    Robert Kirkman has said if there's no Rick there's no series - so I think you might be correct in that assessment!
    Alysheba and gas_chick like this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I need you guys to fill me in on why Carl is so contemptible lately. To me, it seems like he is one of the moral centers of the show. Killed the guy who was just about to kill his dad. Nursed his dad back to health (around the time of Terminus). Takes care of his infant sister. Had a chance to kill that resentful dude (whose father Rick killed). Not only didn't kill the kid, but also didn't tell the others that the other kid tried to kill him. Talked Enid out of galavanting around outside the compound and getting herself killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I need you guys to fill me in on why Carl is so contemptible lately. To me, it seems like he is one of the moral centers of the show. Killed the guy who was just about to kill his dad. Nursed his dad back to health (around the time of Terminus). Takes care of his infant sister. Had a chance to kill that resentful dude (whose father Rick killed). Not only didn't kill the kid, but also didn't tell the others that the other kid tried to kill him. Talked Enid out of galavanting around outside the compound and getting herself killed.
    I think it's the Sheriff's hat - he's too old to be running around with that on.

Honestly, I think it's just because he's like Lori or Andrea, just one of those characters that grates on me. You're right though, he's been through a lot and he does a lot compared to the other kids his age that we've seen (when we first saw all the Alexandria tweens if I recall they were playing video games) - but I guess he just comes across as being too big for his britches most of the time. It's not his job to be patrolling and telling others (his age or otherwise) what they can and can't be doing, and I feel like he does that a lot.

Don't worry, Maggie is starting to grate me more so I may find some care in my heart for Carl soon enough!
    MohandasKGanja and gas_chick like this.

I also definitely understand when someone just organically doesn't like a particular character, although I haven't had that particular problem with this show.

Elite Member

The only character I don't like is Enid. I want to feed her to the walkers.

carl was annoying from day one and still is. he can die. anyway i feel that maggie may die. because it would crush glenn. also maggie chopped her hair. so maybe she could do that because no more walking dead?

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    carl was annoying from day one and still is. he can die. anyway i feel that maggie may die. because it would crush glenn. also maggie chopped her hair. so maybe she could do that because no more walking dead?
    I'm pretty sure Maggie's haircut is part of the upcoming storyline. I would suspect Glenn to go before she did.

Mo-I will never get over Carl never listening and being the cause of death for Dale, Shane, etc. Get in the fucking house Carl!!!!! I feel bad because the real kid seems really nice but I want to stab him in the face.

Great episode last night though I'm having a hard time with the crisis Carol is going through. I'm worrying that they are setting her up for her comic fate and I don't want that to happen.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Last nights episode was a nail bitter. I thought Carol was gone for sure. She's battling with her humanity. The thought of having killed 20 humans was too much for her. Gosh, I love her. Maggie was phenomenal and in the end it showed the opposite of Carol. Excellent portrayal of polar mental states.

Three episodes to go this season. We will be saying goodbye, but to who? I'm convinced it will be any of the following: Abraham, Daryl, Carol, and Glenn.

I believe the hug between Carol and Daryl was to give fans one more show of the deep love between them, a type none of us understands. It is possible they will die together. Now wouldn't that be something and lots of riots worldwide.
    LastLook likes this.

Thread Information