Page 9 of 127 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1040Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    I FINALLY caught up on the last 5 episodes.....Tonight's ending was ummmm....SAD! I fucking HATE Shane. Always have. I can not wait until the person that offs him, offs him.
    Rick's wife is a shifty bugged eyed annoying bitch too.

I am in love with Daryl. I now feel like I need to go take a shower after typing that.

Andrea wasn't annoying at all in the comic. So it upsets me a that she is on the show.. I Really liked her and rooted for her in the comic. Now, not so much.

I honestly have no clue at all what I would do if this ever came true. Every Zombie survival test I take online, I pass with flying colors says I will live a long life and survive, BUT None of them ask what would I do if one of my kids turned into one. I really don't know what I would do. That's to fucked up to think about.
    Seeing tonights episode made me tear up a bit at the end. I mean, at least the mom knows now what everyone (except sweet Daryl) assumed happened to her. To look on the bright side, at least they know she didn't get ripped apart alive...Am I Rite?

Ok, I'm rambling....it's almost 4am and my insomnia is making me more loopy than normal.
    That was a gut-wrenching twist that I definitely did not see coming. I expected to see Hershel's wife or stepson come out last. Wow! Just crazy. The show really earned some more credit for being uncompromising with that scene. I don't read the comic, so I don't know if that was already written in there.

Spoiler paradox below:
    But I agree with Gardenwitch - Sophia probably got a nip/bite escaping from a zombie then eventually turned. However, that seems to lead to a weird issue - when did Hershel's people catch Sophia? It had to have been very close to the time they showed up at the farm. And why didn't they tell Rick's people that Sophia, or someone who matched her was in there? It could have been a trump card by Hershel to spare his walkers from getting blasted.

Shane is a pretty annoying character, but not nearly as malignant as Merle.

I have to say, it took an excessive amount of gunfire for them to do what they had to do. I mean, their targets were only about 15-20 feet away and there were tons of chest shots, instead of head shots. You can't be extravagant with ammo in a post-apocalyptic world.

I looked up the actor who plays saintly, spiritual Hershel. Ironically, his breakthrough role was one of the murderers in the legendary 1968 movie "In Cold Blood".

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That was a gut-wrenching twist that I definitely did not see coming. I expected to see Hershel's wife or stepson come out last. Wow! Just crazy. The show really earned some more credit for being uncompromising with that scene. I don't read the comic, so I don't know if that was already written in there.

Spoiler paradox below:
    But I agree with Gardenwitch - Sophia probably got a nip/bite escaping from a zombie then eventually turned. However, that seems to lead to a weird issue - when did Hershel's people catch Sophia? It had to have been very close to the time they showed up at the farm. And why didn't they tell Rick's people that Sophia, or someone who matched her was in there? It could have been a trump card by Hershel to spare his walkers from getting blasted.

Shane is a pretty annoying character, but not nearly as malignant as Merle.

I have to say, it took an excessive amount of gunfire for them to do what they had to do. I mean, their targets were only about 15-20 feet away and there were tons of chest shots, instead of head shots. You can't be extravagant with ammo in a post-apocalyptic world.

I looked up the actor who plays saintly, spiritual Hershel. Ironically, his breakthrough role was one of the murderers in the legendary 1968 movie "In Cold Blood".
    answering the spoiler above:
    i was watching the talk show on after this (the talking dead?) and the exec of the show was on and he mentioned that otis was the one who always caught the walkers before, and so she had to have been caught early on, but shane killed him before anyone else got to the farm to mention they were looking for the girl (they were preoccupied w/ rick's shot son so didn't mention they were also looking for sophia). it was otis' responsibility only so hershel and his people didn't really know when new walkers were caught and put in the barn so they didn't know a little girl had been caught.

Thanks, Jerri. Speaking of the aftershow, how did the interview with Norman Reedus go? I've never seen him interviewed, so he's kind of fixed in my memory as either Daryl, or one of the Boondock Saints.

I loved the episode even though I already knew what was going to happen. I love Shane's character. Is he an ass? Sure but damn someone has to be sometimes. I also love Darryl's character and can't wait to see what happens when Merle reappears.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I think that Hershel knew damn well she was in there. He kept yelling at everyone about who was there, his wife, son, neighbors, etc.

I took it as Hershel was so protective of that barn he didn't want to risk anyone finding out and end up "murdering" his family/neighbors. The outsiders just wouldn't understand. So he didn't tell them the latest addition. He probably figured that everyone would eventually agree that the elements were to much for her and she didn't make it.

Fat boy may have been the one to gather them up, but I'm sure with Hershel being the head of that group he was told who, how many, etc were put in there. So I'm calling a bit of bullshit to that execs statement. Also, when that chick was feeding them, she can see who was in there. I'm sure if she didn't know the new addition was there, seeing her would be quite the shock.

The only reason they were allowed to stay at all was because of Carl getting shot by one of his own. He had to make it right.
    This is why he wanted them out so fast after Carl gets better. But Hershel is a good guy. He was starting to really like Rick and a few of the others. He saw that his family/daughter was enjoying the new company. That is why he told Rick that they may be able to stay but ONLY if Rick controls his people, and does exactly what Hershel says. His farm his rules.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I have changed my opinion about Shane. While I couldn't have done what he did to Otis, I can understand and respect him better now. They are in a survival of the fittest world now. Shane has adapted to his new environment, while Rick is still clinging to his white Knight on his moral high horse persona. If I was in that situation, I'd want to be with Shane and not Rick. Rick is just too...excuse mah French...pussy, for me. I mean seriously, he's catching walkers who ripped the throats out of people he knew, like they were tameable pets? He lets himself be persuaded because he always needs to look like the good guy. He seriously bugs me. His stupid wife even more.

Shane may be an amoral douche but my money is on him surviving. The old guy was trying to tell him that he was becoming nothing more than an animal but maybe that's what it takes to survive a situation like that. And I guess the old guy would rather not survive if he had to become like Shane. Different strokes and all that.

I love me some Darryl, my hillbilly zombie apocalypse boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Shane may be an amoral douche but my money is on him surviving. The old guy was trying to tell him that he was becoming nothing more than an animal but maybe that's what it takes to survive a situation like that. And I guess the old guy would rather not survive if he had to become like Shane. Different strokes and all that.
    It reminds me a little bit of that recent Viggo Mortenson movie, "The Road". Which is also set in a post-apocalypic world. Arguably, WORSE than the zombie world. And besides the constant tension of how he and his son (exactly the same age as Rick's) are going to survive day to day, there is also the tension over how you can consistently conduct yourself in a moral way in that world.

Yes, exactly. Though Viggo is much hotter.

except shane talks alot of talk about doing what he has to do to survive, but when sophia came out of the barn he couldn't pull the trigger, rick had to step in and do it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I no longer like this show..which is a shame because i loved season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post
    I second that. This season has been a huge letdown and I am not even excited for February. Too bad as Season 1 was so kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    I second that. This season has been a huge letdown and I am not even excited for February. Too bad as Season 1 was so kick ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post
    In your opinion, what's changed about the show since last season?

To me, it seems the same as last season.

Quote Originally Posted by JerriBlank View Post
    except shane talks alot of talk about doing what he has to do to survive, but when sophia came out of the barn he couldn't pull the trigger, rick had to step in and do it.

^^^^Exactly, thank you. Shane could never be the leader, he's a loose cannon, and gets way too emotional when not getting his way. Bless his heart for saving little Carl's life but he needs to chill. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    In your opinion, what's changed about the show since last season?

To me, it seems the same as last season.
    I don't think it is as "can't wait for next week" pretty much this whole season they were sitting on the farm. The whole time I was hoping someone would kill Hershel. I get they were trying to tell another story in a post apoctylytic world but I just want to see more action
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    I don't think it is as "can't wait for next week" pretty much this whole season they were sitting on the farm. The whole time I was hoping someone would kill Hershel. I get they were trying to tell another story in a post apoctylytic world but I just want to see more action
    Posted from my iPhone
    Okay. I peeked at the overall storyline for the comic series today. The farm is as calm as it gets. It appears to me the comic, is willing to sacrifice just about any character. I don't want to give anything away. Ironically, Sophia appears to survive the farm segment in the comic series, while Shane does not. So, the tv show has deviated from the storyline somewhat. I'd say about 80% or so matches the original comic.

Depending on how closely they follow the comic, there will be a lot more new characters, and some horrific ends to older ones. However, because the show has to write contracts with actual actors, I'm not sure if some of that would work out too well.

Also, AMC had cut the budget pretty dramatically for the show based on the budget for the final season of Mad Men. Which is why Frank Darabont got fired, and probably why this season focused so much on the farm. I can't remember if Mad Men is actually over, but if it is, that might free up some money for Walking Dead to move it's storyline forward to newer locations, characters, and plot lines.

Thread Information