Page 82 of 124 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1849
Like Tree1001Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

I can't remember for sure but haven't people been infected by a scratch or is that one of the 1000 zombie movies I've watched?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Gold Member

You can be infected if it isn't treated immediately. Your best bet is strong antibiotics.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    They're all infected anyway, it was a huge plot point in the early seasons. So, maybe a little spatter on your mucus membrane doesn't matter when you're already infected with this pathogen.
    Good point! I assume the skin must be broken, it would be a natural barrier?

You are right, when they die, they all turn, why does it matter whether one has been bitten or killed by other means? Is the turn take less time to occur if bitten? I recall Lori wanted to be shot before her last breath, so she wouldn't show signs of turning. But I believe Carl waited till she passed.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I can't remember for sure but haven't people been infected by a scratch or is that one of the 1000 zombie movies I've watched?
    In season one, Jim was bit and was starting to turn. He chose to be tied to a tree and be abandoned by the group. Hershel got bit at the prison and his leg was amputated quickly after that. He didn't turn until he was decapitated by the Gov.
    Alysheba likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    They're all infected anyway, it was a huge plot point in the early seasons. So, maybe a little spatter on your mucus membrane doesn't matter when you're already infected with this pathogen.
    This. You have to die to turn. If their bite is fatal, you turn. A superficial bite or splatter has no affect because everyone is already infected.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

The virus doesn't kill you (i.e. getting it in your eyes etc.) but the infection caused by a bite or scratch from a rotting walker will. You already have the virus, the infection that kills you allows it to show itself once your body has initially died. One caveat, and I haven't seen this addressed anywhere: remember when they were on the highway, where Sophia disappeared? Why were there so many dead bodies in the cars there that were neither re-animated nor had sustained any obvious brain damage? I've never heard anyone talk about it and it seems like either a big snafu (which I think it initially was) or a clue about the viability of the virus itself.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Elite Member

^ I noticed it, when I watched the first few seasons on Netflix last year. At the time it wasn't known all were infected. Really great point. You should call Chris Hardwick on The Talking Dead and ask. It's an excellent question. He's active with the fans on Twitter.
    Last edited by Alysheba; October 14th, 2015 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Typo, I can't spell.
    LastLook likes this.

Elite Member

Wow, that episode was violent. Whew!

ok I get Morgan values life and thats good. But come the fuck on. Letting those wolves go? Fucking stupid and hope he pays for it instead of someone else in the group paying for it. And I like Morgan but he needs a smack to the head.
    Alysheba, dowcat, ikmccall and 2 others like this.

Elite Member

Yeah, I lost all my love for Morgan last night. I loved Carol's reaction to him toward the end of the episode when they passed on the street. It was if he wasn't there. He's a danger to the community.

I felt bad for Aaron when he found the backpack he lost with the photos of Alexandria. Which told the Wolves where they were.

I'm still not sure why the Wolves see the need to slaughter non-walkers. Anyone know?

When Carol sat on the steps, near the end, when she had the pack of cigarettes, there was an "A" painted on the step post? What does that mean? Alexandria?

Because of Morgan, the Wolves now have at least one firearm - I'm surprised they didn't use it to shoot him while he was standing at the open gate.

Besides the questionable ethics of only disabling people with his staff, the other problem with that being his only weapon is that he can't save an Alexandrian or confront an attacker until he is physically right there - which means someone gets hacked to death while his creaky legs are still taking him to the atrocity.

I was surprised at the ferocity and sadism of the Wolves. They weren't just killing people, they were dismembering them and continuing to hack at them after they were dead. It seems like they have some kind of twisted religion/credo, too because of what the one guy was saying (like he was saving them) before Carol killed him with a head shot.

Carol is the shit.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

I read an article this morning, stating from Robert Kirkland, Carol is the only character who will not die.

Regarding the wolves, according to IMDB, next episode and the wolves story is over. The leader dies next week, which I assume will be by the hands of Rick or Daryl. They are gonna be so pissed when they return to the compound.

I still don't like Enid.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

I was surprised at the ferocity and sadism of the Wolves.
    If their ferocity surprised you just wait until Negan and Lucille show up...
    LastLook likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Good episode! It was like watching a post-apocalypse Viking raid.
    Jazzy and ikmccall like this.

Thread Information