Login to remove the ads!
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Good episode and I figured the zombies were family members/friends they couldn't bear to kill hoping for a cure. I feel like it is their choice as it is their house and Rick and them just need to move on.
    Zombies are reanimated dead people. A bullet to the head will leave them as "cured" as anything a scientist could develop because you can't cure death.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

I think they are saying or they think this was caused by a virus. Most people would think a virus might eventually have a cure so I get why they are holding on to loved ones/friends even if it isn't what I might do.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I think they are saying or they think this was caused by a virus. Most people would think a virus might eventually have a cure so I get why they are holding on to loved ones/friends even if it isn't what I might do.
    I think I agree with that because near the end of Season 1, the CDC guy presents this as a virus/plague. There is even a visual of how it affects the brain, and what part is still "active".

From what I can recall, once a person is dead, they don't reanimate. It seems like people turn into zombies if they are bitten by, or exchange blood or saliva with, a zombie.

I think this is another problem with zombie movies in general, in that the convention is that only a shot to the head will kill them. However, unless it's a supernatural zombie movie, anything that would kill a regular human (shot to the head, heart, or major artery) would also dispatch the zombie. In this show, though, it seems like everybody dies by a head shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think I agree with that because near the end of Season 1, the CDC guy presents this as a virus/plague. There is even a visual of how it affects the brain, and what part is still "active".

From what I can recall, once a person is dead, they don't reanimate. It seems like people turn into zombies if they are bitten by, or exchange blood or saliva with, a zombie.

I think this is another problem with zombie movies in general, in that the convention is that only a shot to the head will kill them. However, unless it's a supernatural zombie movie, anything that would kill a regular human (shot to the head, heart, or major artery) would also dispatch the zombie. In this show, though, it seems like everybody dies by a head shot.
    In episode 4, the camp is attacked and Andrea's sister Amy is killed when a zombie feasts on her neck. In the following episode, Andrea protects Amy's dead body waiting for her to reanimate. When Amy does reanimate, Andrea apologizes and shoots her in the head.

The TS-19 episode showed the entire brain go black and the patient died. Then the recording was fast-forwarded to show the brainstem, and only the brainstem, reanimate. Jenner specifically said that everything that makes them human is dead. During that episode, Jenner also said that a corpse can reanimate anywhere from 8 minutes to 8 hours after death.

The zombies are dead people. A cure for any virus will not resuscitate them.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    In episode 4, the camp is attacked and Andrea's sister Amy is killed when a zombie feasts on her neck. In the following episode, Andrea protects Amy's dead body waiting for her to reanimate. When Amy does reanimate, Andrea apologizes and shoots her in the head.

The TS-19 episode showed the entire brain go black and the patient died. Then the recording was fast-forwarded to show the brainstem, and only the brainstem, reanimate. Jenner specifically said that everything that makes them human is dead. During that episode, Jenner also said that a corpse can reanimate anywhere from 8 minutes to 8 hours after death.

The zombies are dead people. A cure for any virus will not resuscitate them.
    After reading that, and reading on Wikipedia how Amy and TS-19 progressed to zombie status, the discussion is on brain activity. If a brain stem goes black, that would mean that the heart stops beating, too, and that the person is dead in every clinical sense. So, unlike 28 Days Later, there can only be supernatural reasons for why zombies are walking around in "Walking Dead". Even under a supernatural scenario, I don't see how zombies would ever be cured, because after the frontal lobe has been dead/inactive for so long, I think it would atrophy and be so badly damaged that nothing would be retrievable.

In that respect, It reminds me just a little bit of the Terry Schiavo case, because there is just enough of a resemblance to the person that once was there that someone like Hershel refuses to admit to the reality of the situation.

i think jenner whispered to rick that they are all already infected

Elite Member

I knew Herschel was crazy. Didn't he say something about how plagues come and go throughout history? He must believe it's just a test. I am hoping next episode we learn what was said at the CDC.

I've been upset lately because all the stunts and dangerous baiting goes to Glenn, he's one of the only worthwhile people, but then last night the only other guy who is worth his salt is impaled by narrow, falls down a cliffside twice and shot. Seriously, take that gun away from Andrea.

Andrea should give up the gun voluntarily. I wanted to shoot her myself.

Whatever the story is I think Hershel believes that a cure will be found and that is why he is hoarding the zombies in the barn.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I've been upset lately because all the stunts and dangerous baiting goes to Glenn, he's one of the only worthwhile people, but then last night the only other guy who is worth his salt is impaled by narrow, falls down a cliffside twice and shot. Seriously, take that gun away from Andrea.
    They had me seriously concerned for Hillbilly Hottie. I was so glad he survived. Love Norman Reedus.

I really dislike Andrea. She's so aggro and emotional all the time. I also dislike the sheriff's wimpy wife.

last night's ep was great!

i read an online summary before the ep aired and it played out exactly as it was written.. they also did one for the mid-season finale too.. if that one is as accurate, then wow!!

^^I read that one too and I'm ready to see that play out!!!

Do either of you still have that link? I'm curious to read it.

I saw it on the AMC website but it was gone probably an hour after I read it.

I went and found it in the TWoP spoiler thread, and.....wow. It's going to be a long week waiting for that to air, and then a long winter break waiting on the next half.

I FINALLY caught up on the last 5 episodes.....Tonight's ending was ummmm....SAD! I fucking HATE Shane. Always have. I can not wait until the person that offs him, offs him.
    Rick's wife is a shifty bugged eyed annoying bitch too.

I am in love with Daryl. I now feel like I need to go take a shower after typing that.

Andrea wasn't annoying at all in the comic. So it upsets me a that she is on the show.. I Really liked her and rooted for her in the comic. Now, not so much.

I honestly have no clue at all what I would do if this ever came true. Every Zombie survival test I take online, I pass with flying colors says I will live a long life and survive, BUT None of them ask what would I do if one of my kids turned into one. I really don't know what I would do. That's to fucked up to think about.
    Seeing tonights episode made me tear up a bit at the end. I mean, at least the mom knows now what everyone (except sweet Daryl) assumed happened to her. To look on the bright side, at least they know she didn't get ripped apart alive...Am I Rite?

Ok, I'm rambling....it's almost 4am and my insomnia is making me more loopy than normal.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread Information