Page 74 of 124 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1849
Like Tree1001Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Carol is awesome.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Good episode tonight. For a brief moment I thought Rick was gonna have a girlfriend soon. Nope.
    Rick's last line of the episode said it all.
    I was hoping his girlfriend would be Michonne.

The blond haired woman was flirting with him so much that I was surprised later on that a guy identified himself as her husband. Or did I understand that correctly?

Elite Member

^Mo that is what the man said, that he was Jessie's husband. Jessie is in the comic as a short term girlfriend. It's possible she will be around for a couple of episodes and then zombiefied and shot by Abraham.

I agree with you, Rick and Michonne would hook up. It doesn't happen in the comics, instead it was Andrea, however she's long gone.

What did you think about Carol? Did she ever mislead who she is to the Congresswoman. LOL That was so funny. Daryl told her she looked stupid. Guess he doesn't like clean, feminine Carol. hehe Thought it was funny Carol questioned Daryl if he had taken a shower, telling him she would hose him down.

I loved that whole interaction between Carol and Daryl.
    Alysheba and Butterfly like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    ^Mo that is what the man said, that he was Jessie's husband. Jessie is in the comic as a short term girlfriend. It's possible she will be around for a couple of episodes and then zombiefied and shot by Abraham.

I agree with you, Rick and Michonne would hook up. It doesn't happen in the comics, instead it was Andrea, however she's long gone.

What did you think about Carol? Did she ever mislead who she is to the Congresswoman. LOL That was so funny. Daryl told her she looked stupid. Guess he doesn't like clean, feminine Carol. hehe Thought it was funny Carol questioned Daryl if he had taken a shower, telling him she would hose him down.
    I was very, very surprised by Carol. It's like her personality did a 180 and went right back to the first two or three episodes of the series. However, I think she tipped her hand when she talked bout how much she loved taking care of that "wonderful" husband of hers. To me, it sounds like she is creating a back story to make the Alexandria leader less suspicious.

Elite Member

I agree Mo. That also explains Carol's statement to Rick last week. "Even though you were wrong, you were right." I didn't quite get at the time but I do now.

Carol is setting up, she knows what's going to happen, obvious from her reaction with Rick's final line. Carol is the least likely one to suspect that she is a formidable warrior against the dead and undead. She practically wiped out Terminus on her own. Chick is wicked and I love her!
    politesse likes this.

I have a LOT of question after seeing this episode:

1. I still don't know how this town stood itself up in the first place. I think I saw all of about 10 people in the whole town - but I missed the beginning because I was asleep right before it started.

2. Their border patrol guy is not only a psycho, he's incompetent. I don't know how he could have kept zombies away with his "tactics". Or survived long enough to make it back to the compound.

3. How do these people have running water?

4. How do they have enough electricity to play video games? Are zombies running PEPCO now?

It was good to see Rick shave that beard - it looked like my furnace filters after I've forgotten to change them.

Elite Member

^
    1. I'm not sure what the population of Alexandria is at the moment. It appears to be a small neighborhood.

2. Aiden, the incompetent twit. I so agree. He has no idea what the walking dead are. His goal was to punish them for killing their friend. That tells me he believes they still have some sort of brain function. A huge deal was made out of being "ROTC". Really? I had to laugh at that. He thinks he's a soldier because he was ROTC?

3. Water - Deanna mentioned there were natural cisterns and the neighborhood was built to self sustain, with it own power system. I did notice she was very clear when she mentioned a large mall was being built during the initialization of the infection. She then mentioned it was her husband the engineer that created the barrier around the community. However, where he is I don't know. I assume he is dead.

4. Rick removed about 10 years of his life by shaving the beard. He looked so adorable, reminded me when he was in the movie "Love Actually." I'd forgotten what a cutie he was. Did you know Norman Reedus has possession of the remnants of the beard stored in a baggie in his refrigerator at his apartment in Atlanta? LOL Those 2 are close in real life.

that beard story is hilarious.

Now that you mention the cisterns, I was wondering if Alexandria is supposed to be the same as the Alexandria northern Virginia suburbs. I could have sworn that Aiden said they had surveyed out as far as 50 miles out from their compound. Did I get that right??? That is just crazy. That would take you way past DC and into Baltimore. Also, Alexandria is suburban bordering on urban because of how close it is to DC. The depiction just doesn't correlate for me.

Aiden does remind me of something I do, though. I usually play Left4Dead on Advanced, but if I get my butt kicked and I think the game director is being unfair, I will switch to easy mode with high gore and then just start wailing on everything in my path, even if it's off the beaten track to the next safe room.

Elite Member

Yes, Alexandria VA, the burb of DC. Deanna mentioned they're in Northern Virginia. I lived in Fairfax County a few years so I'm familiar. Fifty miles past would be beyond Lorton into Fredericksburg, which would make more sense. If you recall they were north of Richmond which is about a 100 miles south of Alexandria. The route number used in the show doesn't exist. If I recall Aaron said to take Route 16 and not 23. Route 16 is near Marion VA, and 23 doesn't exist in VA. I assumed they meant Route 1 which aligns with I-95.

Elite Member

Awesome episode tonight.

I couldn't stop laughing when Carol was threatening that kid. I kept wishing she'd tell him he'd be seeing flowers soon.

Last night was interesting. It was more like a night-time soap opera, but with zombies. I missed parts of it - including Carol raiding the gun room and whatever Rick did with the woman who is married. I can't believe he's falling into that after what happened with Lori and Shane.

It looks like Daryl is going to have a monster motorcycle with all the parts in Aaron's garage.

I'm getting annoyed at how people are constantly tripping over zombies they didn't see, and then almost getting bitten. Doesn't anybody look where they are walking, or listen for hissing sounds?

Also, this thing where people need to stab zombies in the head with a knife instead of using a machete - what's that all about? A knife should be a last resort since it puts you way too close to a zombies teeth. These people need to have Best Practices meetings.

Elite Member

There was so much foreshadowing and symbolism in last night's episode. It was unreal. There were so many, I caught some after my third viewing. In the last few episodes all the original characters have been remembered, even Meryl. Something big is about to go down. There are 5 original characters left, Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, and Daryl. All the rest are gone. Who are we going to lose?

Poor Buttons.
    gas_chick likes this.

Thread Information