Page 70 of 123 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1841
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Elite Member

Wow, Mohandas, you just had to say it didn't you? I don't care where, but it never fails that there are males, and too many of them, marginalize rape. Tell ya what, let it happen to you, and have someone tell you that you "asked" for it, or your "no" really meant yes, or, my favorite, maybe you shouldn't dress like that. I'm sure it's all unicorns and rainbows being sexually assaulted at the will of males in the community. What a picnic that must be. Tell ya what, you continue your passive acceptance of forced sexual activity and I'm gonna go over there and chew on some guys dismembered roasted dick, while he watches.
    Last edited by Alysheba; November 25th, 2014 at 06:52 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    You might not think that if you were being ass raped by a guard to keep him happy. Noah told Rick and the entire group what is going on. I just believe the time to be passive is way past done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Wow, Mohandas, you just had to say it didn't you? I don't care where, but it never fails that there are males, and too many of them, marginalize rape. Tell ya what, let it happen to you, and have someone tell you that you "asked" for it, or your "no" really meant yes, or, my favorite, maybe you shouldn't dress like that. I'm sure it's all unicorns and rainbows being sexually assaulted at the will of males in the community. What a picnic that must be. Tell ya what, you continue your passive acceptance of forced sexual activity and I'm gonna go over there and chew on some guys dismembered roasted dick, while he watches.
    Wow, I apologize to both of you on this. No, I did not hear what Noah said to the others about how the hospital was run. All I remember from the episodes in the hospital was that there was one deviant guard who was putting the moves on Beth and that the woman who runs the whole place was excusing it. Obviously, that's horrible, in and of itself. I didn't realize that the whole place basically ran that way.

No need to apologize to me Mo. I think my testosterone is getting beefed up watching this show! lol
    Alysheba likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Saying that the hospital people aren't as bad as the cannibals is NOT equivalent to saying rape is unicorns and rainbows. It's not even passive acceptance of rape. You have way overreacted here.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

No need for serving up roasted dick for Thanksgiving here.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

I feel like the whole first half of this season was a Sophia 2.0. Searching for Beth and all. I wasn't impressed by this mid-season finale. I hope the second half of the season is better.

I didn't care for Beth when she bit the dust, but I must admit I teared up when I saw Darryl overcome with emotion and put down Dawn like a dog.
    Rock the fuck on!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Saying that the hospital people aren't as bad as the cannibals is NOT equivalent to saying rape is unicorns and rainbows. It's not even passive acceptance of rape. You have way overreacted here.
    I'm not the one who said the hospital people weren't as bad. Try again.

As for overreaction, go tell that to a sexual assault victim. They will disagree

I'm not the one who said the hospital people weren't as bad. Try again.

As for overreaction, go tell that to a sexual assault victim. They will disagree
    So you're the voice for all sexual assault victims? Please.

Okay. So in this totally fictitious world, if I have to choose between these two groups, I'm totally going with the would-be rapers over the people-eaters.

It's such a no-brainer. I'm a whole lot less dead from getting fucked than getting chopped up, cooked and eaten. If I'm alive, anything is still possible. Especially if I've lasted a year and a half+ into a zombie apocalypse.

So for chrissakes, leave your issues on the magazine rack instead of beating an innocent dude over the head with them while we're talking about a frakin' TV show.
    Lobelia and Butterfly like this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I can't stand Maggie but I totally felt for her this episode. She was better off thinking her sister was already dead. There were tons more in the Washington group I would rather have seen died at this point than Beth. I think if the show wants to shock me more it might not have to kill someone. That would be a surpise at this point. It has been a good season though and I'm looking forward to it coming back.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm glad Beth is finally gone.

-mini rant here-

I love this show. But I felt like they wasted so much time on such a trivial character. And all it was for was to further Daryl's man-pain. With the exception of a handful of episodes, the whole first half of this season has kind of sucked. I don't like all the bottle episodes. In the comics, Abe is kind of like Rick's right hand man. But on the show he's just angry, ginger man. I mean WTF? And they didn't even show that Maggie was worried at all about Beth until what, last night's episode? That whole Terminus build up last season to more or less kill them all in the premiere episode, with the exception of a few, was a joke. But they had to give the tainted meat story line to someone since Dale is no longer around and it went to Bob instead. Since the whole story is about Rick and Carl's journey, to have them go 4 episodes where you don't even see either of them at all is just dumb. It makes the momentum of anything they do come to a screeching halt. Ugh. If you think back to previous seasons, they were able to tell everyone's individual stories while still focusing on the group as a whole. Why change up that format? I hope the second half of the season is much better.

-rant over-

And I'll say it again and again... We need more Morgan!! Although with their current track record, they are going to keep teasing him and then give him one episode where he's the main focus and then probably kill him off.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusMoon View Post
    I'm glad Beth is finally gone.

-mini rant here-

I love this show. But I felt like they wasted so much time on such a trivial character. And all it was for was to further Daryl's man-pain. With the exception of a handful of episodes, the whole first half of this season has kind of sucked. I don't like all the bottle episodes. In the comics, Abe is kind of like Rick's right hand man. But on the show he's just angry, ginger man. I mean WTF? And they didn't even show that Maggie was worried at all about Beth until what, last night's episode? That whole Terminus build up last season to more or less kill them all in the premiere episode, with the exception of a few, was a joke. But they had to give the tainted meat story line to someone since Dale is no longer around and it went to Bob instead. Since the whole story is about Rick and Carl's journey, to have them go 4 episodes where you don't even see either of them at all is just dumb. It makes the momentum of anything they do come to a screeching halt. Ugh. If you think back to previous seasons, they were able to tell everyone's individual stories while still focusing on the group as a whole. Why change up that format? I hope the second half of the season is much better.

-rant over-

And I'll say it again and again... We need more Morgan!! Although with their current track record, they are going to keep teasing him and then give him one episode where he's the main focus and then probably kill him off.
    Just from what little I've seen of the comic, there has to be some major cognitive dissonance for the loyal comic readers who are watching this show. It seems like there are major deviations all over the place. And since Kirkman runs both the comic and the show, this reflects his intent, and it is always going to be like this. For example, I think the comic's version of events (what happened to both Rick and Carl) would be totally unpalatable for TV viewers. I also think that keeping the cast as ensemble as possible (and have multiple episodes without Rick and Carl) gives Kirkman and AMC leverage to keep costs down.

Now I have to look up what happened to Rick and Carl!!!

Mo-your theory holds for why Judith is still with us as well.

That babydoll in the papoose used for Judith about 50% of the time must have been double-stitched into that bag so it wouldn't fly out for that scene in the church where Michonne is slinging away at the zombies that followed Gabriel's dumb ass back to the church.

Fake baby lookin fake.
    MohandasKGanja and gas_chick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    That babydoll in the papoose used for Judith about 50% of the time must have been double-stitched into that bag so it wouldn't fly out for that scene in the church where Michonne is slinging away at the zombies that followed Gabriel's dumb ass back to the church.
    Speaking of that, this thread should have a poll on who is a bigger liability to the Survivors - Father Gabriel or Mullet Eugene, MD. Father Gabe led the freaking zombies back to his own church. I can't believe that Michonne didn't behead him as soon as she saw him at the door.
    gas_chick likes this.

Thread Information