Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1039Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I like to think he whispered: Give it up you are all fucked.
    I think he said, "Dude, you just got renewed for a second season! But they are still cutting your budget."

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusMoon View Post
    anyone else wondering if t-dog is infected now? remember that daryl put the zombie he had just killed on top of t-dog when they surprised them on the interstate.. t had just cut his arm open.. last episode he was being bitchy and starting to run a fever..
    In all honesty, I just thought that T-dog had a bad infection and that they were going to field amputate his arm - for the purpose or irony - I think T-dog left Merle behind chained to a pipe necessitating him amputating HIS arm.

Regarding last night's new episode (slight spoiler) - I think Shane's behavior with regard to Otis during their getaway was pretty inexplicable. I could see Otis needing to pull that move, because he is certainly no track athlete, but Shane would have outrun him regardless.

IMO I think Shane did what he had to do. There was no way he could have out run those zombies with that messed up leg. He had to create a distraction so he could get away, and help save little Carl from dying. Sometimes life is a mother f*cker.
    "I'm sorry, but I don't date ugly people."

Quote Originally Posted by TrevMaxwell View Post
    IMO I think Shane did what he had to do. There was no way he could have out run those zombies with that messed up leg. He had to create a distraction so he could get away, and help save little Carl from dying. Sometimes life is a mother f*cker.
    I can see your point, but why not [spoiler in white below]:

just shoot Otis in the head and kill him instantly? Do the zombies really have to eat something that is still squirming? I forget the zombie rules for this show.....

I think it is just due to them reacting to noise and someone struggling. Plus Shane is really just an asshole. He needs to be the hero.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I can see your point, but why not [spoiler in white below]:

just shoot Otis in the head and kill him instantly? Do the zombies really have to eat something that is still squirming? I forget the zombie rules for this show.....
    ^^^^Zombies don't eat the dead. If they did they'd be eating each other. Kinda like feeding hamburger to a cow.

Quote Originally Posted by StutterGirl05 View Post
    ^^^^Zombies don't eat the dead. If they did they'd be eating each other. Kinda like feeding hamburger to a cow.
    Yeah, but the guy had been alive literally 30 seconds earlier. I can't believe that zombies would be so picky that they would make that distinction. Also, early last season, two of the live people had to cover themselves with zombie gunk in order to cover up their human smell and sneak down a street. So, it would seem that zombies would be able to sniff out a freshly dead human as distinguished from a zombie.

I think Mrs Marsters's argument makes sense, though. A live, struggling person is a better distraction than a dead person.

Shane's decision was rough. Too bad Otis didn't think of it first. The previews puzzle me though. The doc is basically running them off calling them strangers. Why did he offer to help in the first place?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Shane's decision was rough. Too bad Otis didn't think of it first. The previews puzzle me though. The doc is basically running them off calling them strangers. Why did he offer to help in the first place?
    I think he is souring on them. Initially, they came up with a gravely wounded child, and one of their own had wounded him. However, it seems like these two groups of people don't fit together well. Doc is probably annoyed by Lori, and alarmed by Shane.

Aside from the Zombie in the well why aren't there more walkers near the farm? You would think that for as long as they've been there they would have been detected.

Lol, budget cuts. I think there's quite a few hidden away in the barn.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    Lol, budget cuts. I think there's quite a few hidden away in the barn.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

In the comic the barn is where the old guy Hershel, kept his son, Shawn, along with a bunch of others also infected. Hoping there would soon be a cure for them. I just hope they don't kill Glen. In the comic he stays wth Maggie and lives on the farm. Also, Lori has a baby girl that turns out to be Shane's. I'd love if they kept that in also.

Quote Originally Posted by StutterGirl05 View Post
    POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

In the comic the barn is where the old guy Hershel, kept his son, Shawn, along with a bunch of others also infected. Hoping there would soon be a cure for them. I just hope they don't kill Glen. In the comic he stays wth Maggie and lives on the farm. Also, Lori has a baby girl that turns out to be Shane's. I'd love if they kept that in also.
    I loved that shock scene at the end. I haven't read the comic, but I figured that they were there based on the reason you gave. Didn't Hershel also say in the episode last week that he still had some hope for a cure? Maybe not.

I liked that flashback scene on the highway when everybody is stuck in the big traffic jam trying to get to the refugee center. I wish they would show more scenes of what it was like when 1) people were starting to realize what's going on, and 2) everything falling apart. However, with the AMC budget cuts, I guess that's kind of unlikely.

Good episode and I figured the zombies were family members/friends they couldn't bear to kill hoping for a cure. I feel like it is their choice as it is their house and Rick and them just need to move on.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Good episode and I figured the zombies were family members/friends they couldn't bear to kill hoping for a cure. I feel like it is their choice as it is their house and Rick and them just need to move on.
    A cure seems pretty farfetched, considering how far gone many of them are. At best, if they were cured, they would end up looking like Aaron Carter.

Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information