Page 67 of 123 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1841
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Beth either and I can't pinpoint whether it's the character or the actress playing her that bugs the shit out of me. I think it's the actress because I was intrigued about the whole waking up in a hospital storyline. I don't really recall her being so badass with a gun before but last night she was nailing everything.

I like the slow episodes almost as much as the fast-paced ones. A zombie post apocalypse isn't going to be just about excitement and battling zombies and rival survivor tribes. It's going to be about people setting up dystopian approximations of life before the apocalypse - like 1) this hospital, 2) Woodbury, 3) that nursing home facility in the first season, and even Virgil's farm.

Do you mean Herschel's farm?

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    Do you mean Herschel's farm?
    Yes. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Dull, and boring, much like the character Beth. The show was disjointed, poorly written, and I'm don't recall the name of the person who plays Beth, but she is a horrible actress. She always looks, not sure, shocked, surprised, or wonderment. I recall how grueling it was watching the Daryl/Beth episodes last season. In fact I stopped watching and read recaps.
    I agree, I was bored for the first time with this show. There was none of the normal tension and buildup that's always part of even the slow episodes. It's a great illustration of how caring about the characters makes all the difference in the world. There was nothing compelling about any of these, and somebody has vastly overestimated the level of interest in Beth.

No idea if it would have been better with different characters in the same story, or with different dialogue or pacing or *anything.* All I know was this was definitely not the Walking Dead as it's always been, as it's supposed to be. Other than being grossed out by the girl's arm "surgery" I felt nothing, not even curiosity about what was going on in that hospital. Once I realized what WAS going on, I was honestly a little annoyed and felt some dread, the same way you feel if your professor is about to let class out early unless somebody has any questions and then somebody has a fucking question. I know I was supposed to feel horrified by the whole thing but I was really just overwhelmed with meh.
    Alysheba likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I can't stand Beth and can't tell if it's the character or the actress, either. All I know is I can't stand the ONE face she has ALL THE TIME and the fucking singing either. Her cowboy boots used to annoy the shit out of me too so at least those were gone... I would've preferred to have watched the kid from Everybody Hates Chris way more and know what's about to happen to him than give a shit about Beth. At least Carroll will be around now, to make the hospital storyline less annoying.

Also the scene will the lollipop was fucking hilarious. It was supposed to be threatening but it was just too funnu.
    Alysheba likes this.

I think Beth's mission in the show is to carry on musicals and show tunes post-zombie apocalypse. That fact about her annoys me the most!

I liked this episode. Beth's not my favorite character but I found it interesting to see this story of other survivors no matter how shitty they are. Why in every apocolypse do most of the men folk turn into sick rapists?
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Why in every apocolypse do most of the men folk turn into sick rapists?
    The threat of possible human extinction elevates the production of testosterone to "reseed" the planet. The male's increase in T2 production and also other associated hormones forces him to select the more viable, sturdy and sound mates, young females.

The threat of possible human extinction elevates the production of testosterone to "reseed" the planet. The male's increase in T2 production and also other associated hormones forces him to select the more viable, sturdy and sound mates, young females.
    I wish it were that simple, but look how long it has taken civilization to give rape victims either a voice or sense of justice. In a post-Apocalyptic, dystopian world, this would be a huge threat. It also comes up in "28 Days Later", "Mad Max 2" and in "The Road".

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I wish it were that simple, but look how long it has taken civilization to give rape victims either a voice or sense of justice. In a post-Apocalyptic, dystopian world, this would be a huge threat. It also comes up in "28 Days Later", "Mad Max 2" and in "The Road".
    My motto, keep it simple, I wasn't in the mood for a dissertation of the evolution of the reconstitution of human survival. Don't think many here would appreciate the wall of text.

Haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned. I'm not into dystopian with the exception of TWD. Too many of them fall under the Young Adult genre.

I'm seriously interested if that is what really would happen or just what people imagine and then why do they imagine it. Sometimes after watching Walking Dead or something like it, I find myself looking at my male friends or family thinking are you gonna be the one raping all the women during the end of the world.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

My motto, keep it simple, I wasn't in the mood for a dissertation of the evolution of the reconstitution of human survival. Don't think many here would appreciate the wall of text.

Haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned. I'm not into dystopian with the exception of TWD. Too many of them fall under the Young Adult genre.
    I'm not into dystopian either - too much of a realist to enjoy it. And "The Road" practically sent me into therapy. Speaking of keeping it simple, I wish Valve would put out more movies like this:

Elite Member

Out of curiosity I watched "The Road". I'm now permanently damaged.

In other news: Last night's TWD episode was another snore fest for me. The secondary characters are about as exciting as picking lint from my carpet. I seriously dislike the red haired dude and the two chicks. That sex scene was a complete "oh please" moment. Seeing that pasty man caused me to experience inoperable brain damage. Eugene is comic relief, which is kinda mean since his character seems to have aspergers/autism. I will give the actor kudos for the development of the character. Next week we return to the real heroes, Carol and Daryl.

A friend of mine has a theory: the creative developers are making a weak and failing attempt to to encourage viewers to embrace the ginge group and that our beloved ones are on their way out the door. If they do, TWD, can die a slow painful death.

There was a sex scene? Between who?

The secondary characters are truly secondary characters. However, I liked the episode more than the hospital one. I like the two women - Rosita and the other brunette, but they almost seem like interchangeable versions of each other. Abraham's hair is a ridiculous shade of red, verging on pink. And there is no way you can maintain a hairstyle like that during a zombie apocalypse. Eugene never rang even remotely true as a scientist. And it took all the way til last night for me to remember that the comic had a guy who was faking being a scientist.

Thread Information