Page 50 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Mo, don't read anything else about the episode!!

I'm loving this season. It has kept me on the edge of my seat.

Spoiler!!!: Call me nuts, but I'm gonna miss ole smart-ass Merle! At least he redeemed himself there at the end. This dude was a great character, even when he was an evil asshole. I was impressed with the way he took out so many of the Governor's henchmen before he bought the farm. But mayunnnn, I was really pissed off for a minute there when they showed him in that car drinking the booze with the radio blaring and walkers descending on the car (after that little talk between them where he let Michonne go)! It made it look like he was gonna do himself in, and that was definitely not in line with who this character was. When I saw what he was up to, I was impressed. Merle is pretty badass and smarter than I thought. But even so, like when he and Rick had that convo about why he does the things he does, and he admitted even he didn't know at times...there's no predicting what someone like Merle would do. That 's part of what made him so dangerous. If it weren't for that flaw he would have been a real asset to the group to have stick around. I'm just glad he found him a bottle of booze to enjoy in the process! And ohhhh Daryl crying! Just tore my heart out. (I will comfort you Daryl!)

Loved a lot about this ep.
    Last edited by MsDark; March 25th, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

OMFG is all I will say for the people who haven't seen the latest episode I am beyond upset!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I'm loving this season. It has kept me on the edge of my seat.

Spoiler!!!:.
    I think one of other more telling moments about Merle was when he was getting bested by the Governor and he shouted, "I aint gonna beg you! I aint gonna beg you!" That's Merle all the way through - doing it his way, whether it was the right way or not. Michael Rooker (Merle) plays a lot of heavies, but if you read interviews with him he is actually a very thoughtful introspective guy.

I did finally catch the last episode on On-Demand. I also realized that because of the Talking Dead promo stunts, I missed the previous week's climax, too. With Andrea. I'm really pissed at the Talking Dead promo stunts that make it appear that the episode is over. Especially because it always happens right after a fairly climactic scene.

I was afraid that had happened to you more than once. They way they suddenly bust in with TD, it does seem like it's over. You gotta wait until the previews for the next week are rolling...
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I was afraid that had happened to you more than once. They way they suddenly bust in with TD, it does seem like it's over. You gotta wait until the previews for the next week are rolling...
    I may have to go back and look at the ends of like five previous episode. I kept feeling like something was missing continuity-wise. And I realize since I'm the only one here it's happening to, it's really my problem. Even the On-Demand recordings have those stupid promos.

By the way, the promo for the season finale looks amazing. I hope nobody important is in that guard tower. The prison group doesn't have any more filler actors to sacrifice in a shot like that (like poor Axel).

So the Merle thing--another casualty just as the character was making me look forward to seeing more of him. I'm not surprised if that's the reason they fired the showrunner guy making these decisions (I forget his name, Glen Caron?)

I'm not feeling all that sorry that Andrea is in the Governor's torture seat. Dumb bitch.
    gas_chick likes this.

Mo, you have to start checking the clock on your cable box - 10:52 means show's not over yet!

They can bring him back I demand it. It can be just a bad nightmare by Darryl as he hit his hit on the way to find him or they can make an alternate ending and let us the viewers vote. I'm still angry ffs. I don't want to see marriages babies lovey dovey shit, I just want him back dammit

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    So the Merle thing--another casualty just as the character was making me look forward to seeing more of him. I'm not surprised if that's the reason they fired the showrunner guy making these decisions (I forget his name, Glen Caron?)

I'm not feeling all that sorry that Andrea is in the Governor's torture seat. Dumb bitch.
    Glen Mazzara got fired by AMC and Scott Gimple was hired to replace him. I hope Gimple does MUCH better things for season 4! Mazzara looks like Sid the sloth. There have been so many characters they could have developed this season, but Sid killed a good bit of them off.

SillyME54 and Beeyotch like this.

I'm upset about merle too....I was starting to like him on the show. He's not as a big of a snake as I thought and he's really loyal to his brother. I'm mad they killed him off but yet they keep useless ppl like carol, and dumbasses like Andrea around.
    dowcat likes this.

Third season finale tonight!
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Third season finale tonight!
    Carl is the debil!!!!

woodbury must be a hot mess right now.

The only thing I saw coming was the boobytrap back in the tombs. Everything else--omg! Now comes the withdrawal.

Carl will always be the deebil.

I freaking loved the ending!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information