Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

The comic ROCKS. When I heard they were turning it into a show, OMG. So Awesome!!!

I can't wait for season 2!!!
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    The comic ROCKS. When I heard they were turning it into a show, OMG. So Awesome!!!

I can't wait for season 2!!!
    Hey, I was wondering if I could ask you a question. How closely has the show (up through the season finale) been following the comic?

My BIL and I took our kids to a comic book store a few months ago, and they had a bunch of Walking Dead issues there. I tried to go through a few of them, but I couldn't get myself aligned with the storyline that I had seen on the show. Also, it was kind of interesting to see that the issues are printed in stark black and white.

I cannot WAIT for Season 2 to start! This show is brilliant--the acting, the suspense...it's just awesome. We keep telling all of our friends about it. The fact that it's about zombies just melts my zombie loving heart.

Spoiler question: what do y'all think Dr. Jenner whisper to Rick? I think he told him that his wife is pregnant. If so, chances are likely that the baby is Shane's...WHOO, drama!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hey, I was wondering if I could ask you a question. How closely has the show (up through the season finale) been following the comic?

My BIL and I took our kids to a comic book store a few months ago, and they had a bunch of Walking Dead issues there. I tried to go through a few of them, but I couldn't get myself aligned with the storyline that I had seen on the show. Also, it was kind of interesting to see that the issues are printed in stark black and white.
    They have the "essence" of the comics, and the basics, but they are most definitely adjusting things.
    Which is actually turning out ok with me. They are doing an awesome job

I forgot that a lot of people never read the comics, so there are a lot of things coming up that I want to scream out, but I will not I think they will keep the big twists from the comics though. I mean, who wouldn't? it's awesome!!!

I guess there's some bad news regarding the show. The director (Frank Darabont - "Green Mile", "The Mist", "Shawshank Redemption") is leaving the show and the rumor is that it is due to budget cuts. Supposedly, re-upping "Mad Men" cost so much the AMC is cutting the budgets of its other programs:

'Walking Dead' budget cuts caused by new 'Mad Men' deal?

Friday, August 5 2011, 9:29am EDTBy Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter

The Walking Dead could suffer budget cuts due to the expense of producing Mad Men, a report suggests.

Both series are made by cable network AMC, but Mad Men's new $10 million (6.1m)-per-season budget could cause cutbacks on its sister shows, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The new budget for the '60s-set period drama is believed to be a condition of Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner's new deal with AMC, which guaranteed at least two more seasons of the show.

Under the new deal, The Walking Dead is expected to lose around $250,000 (153,129) per episode, compared to its first season. The zombie drama's showrunner Frank Darabont stepped down last week, with the budget cuts being rumored as one of the reasons for his departure.

However, AMC president Charlie Collier denied that the cost of Mad Men was having a negative impact on the network's other shows.

"We're investing more than we ever have before," he insisted. "The fact that future seasons of Mad Men were going to be expensive is not a surprise to us. We've taken some of the most expensive, riskiest shows around and nurtured them and managed to grow our network."

Collier also dismissed the suggestion that a decreased budget could be damaging for The Walking Dead.

"The viewer will see we're making shows that will look like a movie every week," he claimed.

Earlier this week, it was reported that the producers of Breaking Bad were considering taking the show to other networks, following's AMC suggestion that the show's fifth season comprise of just six to eight episodes for financial reasons.

I read about this earlier this morning. It really SUCKS. This is one of the best new shows and it gets thrown under the bus for Mad Men...granted, I LOVE me some Mad Men but come on now...

The creator or director/writer for this show flipped out on Twitter. Gotta give him credit for calling out the network and Mathew Weiner (if its true). Can't all the shows just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    I read about this earlier this morning. It really SUCKS. This is one of the best new shows and it gets thrown under the bus for Mad Men...granted, I LOVE me some Mad Men but come on now...
    Did you read what Kurt Sutter, creator of AMC's "Sons of Anarchy", had to say about the whole thing? That guy is a pistol:
    "why darabont got fired - weiner. he held AMC hostage, broke their bank, budgets were slashed, shit rolled down hill onto gilligan and frank," he tweeted Thursday, the first in a series of missives. He immediately followed up, writing, "no one else wants to f*cking say it, but the greed of mad men is killing the other two best shows on tv -- breaking bad and walking dead."

"darabont reacted strongly to slashed budgets. he made mistakes, he was fired. no creative in town will trust AMC to back up their artists," Sutter wrote. "i don't know MW, got no beef with him. just hate that darabont is being demonized. no one has the balls to tell the truth. MM gutted AMC," he then added.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, his words are true, as sources tell the publication that Darabont was indeed fired.

A little while later, Sutter defended his comments by flying the flag of truth.

"i have trouble determining the line between honesty and brutal frankness. i usually get pushed past it by bullshit and injustice," he admitted, "apparently speaking one's mind is outrageous, troublesome and self-indulgent. man, this is a town full of silent, terrified dicksuckers."

Oh sorry, meant to say the creator of Sons of Anarchy..not Walking Dead. Getting my AMC shows all mixed up.

Did you read what Kurt Sutter, creator of AMC's "Sons of Anarchy", had to say about the whole thing? That guy is a pistol:
    "why darabont got fired - weiner. he held AMC hostage, broke their bank, budgets were slashed, shit rolled down hill onto gilligan and frank," he tweeted Thursday, the first in a series of missives. He immediately followed up, writing, "no one else wants to f*cking say it, but the greed of mad men is killing the other two best shows on tv -- breaking bad and walking dead."

"darabont reacted strongly to slashed budgets. he made mistakes, he was fired. no creative in town will trust AMC to back up their artists," Sutter wrote. "i don't know MW, got no beef with him. just hate that darabont is being demonized. no one has the balls to tell the truth. MM gutted AMC," he then added.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, his words are true, as sources tell the publication that Darabont was indeed fired.

A little while later, Sutter defended his comments by flying the flag of truth.

"i have trouble determining the line between honesty and brutal frankness. i usually get pushed past it by bullshit and injustice," he admitted, "apparently speaking one's mind is outrageous, troublesome and self-indulgent. man, this is a town full of silent, terrified dicksuckers."
    Oh yes, Mohandas...Mister and I are HUGE fans of SoA, so we were talking about this over coffee this morning. QUITE the interesting scandal...Darabont & Sutter must be pretty good friends I take it.

I like SoA, too, but completely lost track of it - not even sure when it's on any more. That show is filled with talented actors. It even reminds me a little of Walking Dead because the lead actor (Charlie Hunnam) is actually British, but comes across very authentically American.

The scene where Henry Rollins gets knocked off got to me - not because of I was sympathetic to him, but because his son was there, and he asked Perlman to not let the son see him.

Also, I thought it was kind of funny that Adam Arkin (who I believe is Jewish) was cast as a white supremacist.

I like SoA, too, but completely lost track of it - not even sure when it's on any more. That show is filled with talented actors. It even reminds me a little of Walking Dead because the lead actor (Charlie Hunnam) is actually British, but comes across very authentically American.

The scene where Henry Rollins gets knocked off got to me - not because of I was sympathetic to him, but because his son was there, and he asked Perlman to not let the son see him.

Also, I thought it was kind of funny that Adam Arkin (who I believe is Jewish) was cast as a white supremacist.
    It's on FX. I agree completely on Charlie Hunnam's accent...he does an incredible job as Jax.

Yeah, they definitely went for the shock value on that scene (i.e. with Henry Rollins). One scene I definitely won't forget.

I actually haven't watched Season 3 yet...waiting for it to come out on DVD.

I looked around GR for a Sons of Anarchy thread and was tempted to post...wonder if anyone else would contribute?

PS: Kurt Sutter is still tweeting about this--I am following him. He cannot seem to stop....

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    PS: Kurt Sutter is still tweeting about this--I am following him. He cannot seem to stop....
    He's always been one to speak his mind! Must be pretty pissed...

Wow. That sucks!!!

If the guy said the budget cuts had nothing to do with Mad Men, then why was it done?!?!

It's not like the show sucked and had no audience!!!

I was blown away watching it!!

Now the Director is gone, AND a big budget cut?

LEAVE THE ZOMBIES ALOOOOOONE!!!!!!

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread Information