Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

I was disappointed in the premiere & the B&W thing just seems extremely stupid... if they were going to do that, they should have done that shit during the whole mid-season break. Now it's just confusing & annoying. Tomorrow better not suck.
    AquariusMoon likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I enjoyed the b&w episode but seapharris us right, AMC should have aired them during the hiatus.

anyone watch the ep tonight? it was SOOOO much better than the premiere ep last week! loved this one a lot!!
    heart_leigh and card like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusMoon View Post
    anyone watch the ep tonight? it was SOOOO much better than the premiere ep last week! loved this one a lot!!
    I have to admit, I did not see the end of the episode coming. First, the guy that got shot -- I thought he would turn out to be the kind of serial killer that guy in the prison in the comic was -- and I also didn't expect the shooter.

It was good to see Daryl finally stand up to Merle. I also guess that Merle was implying that they were both sexually abused by their dad? Did I get that right? It happened so fast, I could see what the basis for Merle saying that was.

Now THAT should have been the premiere episode!!

Didnt catch it eather Mo, I think I'll rewatch it closer next week like I did this time around... still think the 1st episode eucked especially after watching it again. It was totally unnecessary for this episode.
    AquariusMoon likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Now THAT should have been the premiere episode!!

Didnt catch it eather Mo, I think I'll rewatch it closer next week like I did this time around... still think the 1st episode eucked especially after watching it again. It was totally unnecessary for this episode.
    I think that episodes are shot in batches and that they go on hiatus without regard to the power of the comeback episode. I'm not sure what the overall consensus of dedicated viewers was about last week's episode was, but it it was pretty much uniformly negative, they will realize that they need to come back with a bang from their hiatuses.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I have to admit, I did not see the end of the episode coming. First, the guy that got shot -- I thought he would turn out to be the kind of serial killer that guy in the prison in the comic was -- and I also didn't expect the shooter.

It was good to see Daryl finally stand up to Merle. I also guess that Merle was implying that they were both sexually abused by their dad? Did I get that right? It happened so fast, I could see what the basis for Merle saying that was.
    I didn't expect that guy to get shot, either. He was growing on me. Plus, he and Carol were bonding this episode so I thought they might hook up later on.

i don't think the brothers were sexually abused by their dad, just physically abused maybe. When Merle ripped Daryl's shirt, there were whip marks all over his back. I took it took mean their dad probably beat them pretty badly when they were little.

This episode was pretty boring, though. Better than the premiere, but still really slow. Rick and glen were getting on my nerves too. I was glad that Daryl reunited with the group though.

it seems they only bring in new characters and instead of developing them, they just kill them off.. it pisses me off.. i liked axel and wish mazzara had developed him a bit more.. damn, they could have killed him off during the finale if they felt they HAD to kill him.. it would have had much more impact because more of him would have been invested.. and he and carol were just getting to know each other for fuck's sake

ETA: and apparently, the rest of the cast didn't want him killed off.. andrew lincoln actually tried to fight to keep him

SNIP:

EW: So what was the reaction of the other cast members when they learned your fate?
    TEMPLE: I was the first to know among the working cast and crew. Glen asked me to keep it under wraps. Then about four or five days later he let the cast know. They kind of banded together and protested. Andrew Lincoln made a very kind stand for me to the producers and writers and said, “We can’t do this. I think this is a mistake because we’re bringing in and investing in players — and actors — that bring something to this world and we’re starting to connect, and their time is too short.” But in the wisdom of the show — and again, this is why the show connects so much — in life, sometimes just as we get to know somebody, they pass through our graces.

But sadness crept in among the cast. I’m a leukemia survivor, and I recall during my darkest days in the hospital when my friends would come to see me, especially the male friends —they had certain mortality issues with their visit. And I had to spend more time taking care of them because they would look at me and think, if this could happen to you, what could happen to me. And so there’s an element of that just in nature that occurs.

Read the rest of the article here

i think the rumors of mazzara getting canned cause he was killing people left and right could be a bit true.. just my opinion though
    Last edited by AquariusMoon; February 18th, 2013 at 07:19 AM.

I thought last night's episode was great, much better than last week's episode.

I have to say - I was actually convinced by the Gove'nuh, I didn't think he was going to go right to the prison. I mean I knew it was coming, but I believed he was going to hold off for a little while so I was shocked when that all went down. I was not shocked about Axle as he followed the general TWD suit by having a ton of lines and then being offed. I WAS really annoyed that NONE of them managed to get a shot in to really any of those guys except the shooter on the tower. I also kept yelling, "Where'd the guy who was driving the truck go?!" - anyone know?

I'm glad Daryl told Merle off, but I still want Merle to go away although it's clear at this point he has no choice but to follow Daryl who is obviously the more superior survivalist. I also didn't get the feeling that the boys were sexually abused, but definitely physically abused. Daryl had a lot of scars on his back.

I would like to know what happened to Tyrese's group - I know Rick scared him off with his meltdown but they couldn't have gone far, right?
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Really great episode last night. Damn that Governor is evil and awesome! I'm really over Rick's little breakdown though. He is grating my nerves. Also Glenn and his I'm the leader now bullshit. Hopefully this will bring them both back to reality. Stupid ass Andrea seriously but I could say that every week.

I wanna know where Tyrese went too. I figured he was just somewhere in the prison. The group could have holed up surrounded by walkers and forced the governor to come inside and fight his way in but nope we were all just dicking around outside waiting to get shot.

So glad Daryll came back!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Really great episode last night. Damn that Governor is evil and awesome! I'm really over Rick's little breakdown though. He is grating my nerves. Also Glenn and his I'm the leader now bullshit. Hopefully this will bring them both back to reality. Stupid ass Andrea seriously but I could say that every week.

I wanna know where Tyrese went too. I figured he was just somewhere in the prison. The group could have holed up surrounded by walkers and forced the governor to come inside and fight his way in but nope we were all just dicking around outside waiting to get shot.

So glad Daryll came back!!!
    I think in the comic Rick has some kind of breakdown where he abdicates control of the group temporarily. Except, I think he gives control to Tyrese. I think Tyrese's group is going to be very important, especially, with Rick's group continuing to dwindle.

What happened to the African American guy who was with Axel? I didn't see him this last episode. Also, I never warmed to Axel - it always seemed that he had some ulterior motive, and I was also concerned that he was the guy in the comic who turned out to be a sexual serial killer - althought the plot lines have deviated. To see him get shot so abruptly made you realize that he probably wasn't that guy, and it was just such a fast and ignominious way to go. While it's realistic in a post-apocalyptic world, I think it could have negative effect on how viewers bond with characters or relate to the show.

The other guy died rescuing Daryl from the governor.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    The other guy died rescuing Daryl from the governor.
    Thanks. Wow, they really are dropping like flies....

Well, hey, they brought a new black dude on the show, they had to get rid of the other one!

Seriously just when I think I couldn't hate Andrea more, I do. Stupid, stupid bitch. I hope the Governor stabs her in her sleep.

Thread Information