Page 44 of 123 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

On the Talking Dead afterwards, the guy who plays Glenn brought up the idea that Glenn was reacting that way toward Maggie because he saw her victimized and said that's a common effect where the spouse continues to treat her as a victim--he cut her off when speaking, disagreed about what was best for the group (which includes her.) Which makes sense, and I'd go further and say he blames himself somewhat for not being able to stop that from happening to Maggie.

But I agree with Glenn, Merle tried to kill his ass in a sadistic way, I don't blame him for being pissed that the fucker is allowed to not only walk away alive but take Daryl, their most valuable member with him. Maybe he hates that Maggie isn't backing him up on that too.

Am I the only one who thought this episode was totally underwhelming and clumsily written? Andrea's 15 second speech was eyeroll inducing, the townspeople seemed really fake in terms of mob mentality..

Hell, the zombies are barely a threat and have almost no psychological fear factor to them any more. When was the last time the zombies had the group cornered or even put up much of a fight? They all seem to have paper thin skulls. The zombies need to be more voracious, IMHO.

Sadly I'm getting bored with the series. Just seems to have lost whatever Oomph it had.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

We need flying zombies. With lasers.

No, just ones who can take a crack to the head and keep going for awhile. Shooting them is one thing, but their heads seem to pop like water balloons when the least amount of pressure is applied. It's a bit silly.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, just ones who can take a crack to the head and keep going for awhile. Shooting them is one thing, but their heads seem to pop like water balloons when the least amount of pressure is applied. It's a bit silly.
    Remember, though, these things never stop decaying. You are going to run into a lot of zombies who are basically running on zombie fumes and that will be easy to knock off. I could be wrong, but I think the series has been fairly consistent in showing that the survivors have been under greatest threat when there is a mass wave of zombies migrating across an area that the survivors are in. Or when a group of zombies happens upon survivors at night on campgrounds.

I wonder if they could make a series based on L4D:

A sneak peek of Daryl and Merle while on the road together in Episode 10.

PoisonGirl and dowcat like this.
    Rock the fuck on!

I found the epi underwhelming as well.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Remember, though, these things never stop decaying. You are going to run into a lot of zombies who are basically running on zombie fumes and that will be easy to knock off. I could be wrong, but I think the series has been fairly consistent in showing that the survivors have been under greatest threat when there is a mass wave of zombies migrating across an area that the survivors are in. Or when a group of zombies happens upon survivors at night on campgrounds.

I wonder if they could make a series based on L4D:
    I gotta agree with Mo on this one. They are just showing that these things are seriously rotting. I think the episode seems underwhelming because you have to wait months, get pumped up and then it was just kind of no action really. Speeches and people going nuts.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

That's true, the months-long break really robs the momentum from the story, I wish they wouldn't do that midseason break crap.
    gas_chick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That's true, the months-long break really robs the momentum from the story, I wish they wouldn't do that midseason break crap.
    "Lost" used to do this, too. And in their case, it made it even more difficult to follow a kind of complicated storyline.

I think that in the case of "Walking Dead", it creates a sense that the initial returning "half season" episodes should pack more of a wallop.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "Lost" used to do this, too. And in their case, it made it even more difficult to follow a kind of complicated storyline.

I think that in the case of "Walking Dead", it creates a sense that the initial returning "half season" episodes should pack more of a wallop.
    That's what I think. If this were just the 6th or 7th episode, it would have been fine, but it's the "half season premiere". If they're going to do that, they need to have a more exciting episode.

Black and white episodes from season one start tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    Black and white episodes from season one start tonight.
    Black and white?

Just another way for AMC to cash in on TWD. Show them in black and white every Thursday.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

i didn't like the black and white eps.. for me, it takes away from the story
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Thread Information