Page 28 of 123 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Yeah, after T-Dawg's neck chomp last night and some of the other stuff they've shown this season, they've definitely upped the gore factor. So he's fairly certain that most of the violence stuff will be able to get through now, but yeah, there's some big storyline stuff that would be harder to get around for TV.

Because it never gets old:

[/QUOTE]
    AquariusMoon and dowcat like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I've never liked comics. Like not at all. But these hold a vague interest for me. i might get the first set and try it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Merle wants his brother with him so he can boss him around like he always did. He knows Daryll is useful. I think he also wants to torture him for sticking with Rick after they left him to die.
    Meryl is an alpha dog but he can't be alpha with the Governor. So he's looking for Darryl.
    Beeyotch and Callalily like this.

That's a good point.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Silver Member

Never thought I could like someone less than Lori, but Andrea! UGGGHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!! I so wish Michonne would leave her useless ass. Dumb bitch is taking advice from Merle...MERLE!

Rick made me shed a tear. No shame. This was the best epi since the pilot.
    card and KrisNine like this.

Maybe I'm the only one but I didn't think Rick's Lori's dead performance was all that. Maybe it's my shrivelled up, dead black heart but it didn't move me, just made me kind of cringe at the acting.
    dowcat likes this.

Bee, while I admit I teared up, I totally understood where you were coming from. There was a scene starting at 0:06 when Rick leans down to stare at Carl just after learning about Lori's death, and he just lets out this "Ah, noo! Noooo! Nooooo!" It does sound a bit contrived.

Rock the fuck on!

I was totally moved by it. Don't know what else to say, but it got to me. The whole episode did. I've thought about it periodically all day.
    AquariusMoon and KrisNine like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I laughed. My 13yo said I'm evil, as if that's news.

My older boy and hubby won't watch with us. They're all tender-hearted and shit.
    Last edited by greysfang; November 6th, 2012 at 12:33 AM.
    AquariusMoon and Seapharris7 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one but I didn't think Rick's Lori's dead performance was all that. Maybe it's my shrivelled up, dead black heart but it didn't move me, just made me kind of cringe at the acting.
    I laughed when he threw himself and the ground fetal-style and started kicking his legs like a toddler throwing a tantrum
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Quite frankly, you really don't know how someone is going to react when they hear that someone close to them has died. For that reason, almost any reaction, no matter how over-the-top or calm, wouldn't surprise me. Rick is kind of a raw nerve emotionally, so his reaction seemed expected.

My wife shared an office with a coworker, who picked up a ringing phone, then went "Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod." He stood up, looked around, ran the wrong way to get out of the office, and then turned around to get out of the office. It was just sheer panic. Someone had told this guy his wife had just died unexpectedly. Both of them were in their late twenties, and they had two toddlers.

My wife also came out of a night class once with her classmate, and they walked together to the car where her classmate's fiancee was waiting for her. He was slumped over in the driver's seat and had died while she was in class. She was calm. Probably in shock.
    card likes this.

Yes, exactly. I get that there's a large range of reactions in response to this type of thing, but it felt like a failed acting exercise in drama class.
    greysfang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Yes, exactly. I get that there's a large range of reactions in response to this type of thing, but it felt like a failed acting exercise in drama class.
    It's society's fault! Guys are socialized to withhold their emotions, so when we freak out, it comes out all weird and amusing!

Now, somebody post a bunch of clips of baseball guys retiring.

LOL don't blame society for bad acting! Not society's fault some guys should stick to eyefucking the camera and looking purty.

Thread Information