Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1841
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Well I figure you don't wear bright colors to stand out to zombies or to other humans but that is just my opinion. I have seen plenty of female zombies in pants maybe you aren't noticing because we all the decay and shit it is kind of hard to tell a difference.

Oh and technically some of the Saviors are probably so called normal people they just have a leader that does things different than what we are used to with our group. I still say Rick's not that far off from Negan anyway.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Wasn't crazy about the new group, but loved the visual of them filing out of one of the tunnels. They looked like ants.

Why is it that Rick's group is just this ragtag collection of "normal" people, but all the other groups have a schtick? They dress alike, sound alike, have bizarro leaders. I mean, seriously, did this junkyard group learn a new language and practice marching formations? Where did they get matching clothes? And, while I'm at it, did clothes with colors other than black, gray and brown exist pre-apocalypse? I understand that washing clothes isn't happening much, but there isn't a pop of color to be seen anywhere. And, apparently, except for the survivors, no women wore pants because every zombie woman wears flowy dresses or skirts.
    Gizmodo had some kind of article about The Walking Dead trolling itself with this latest group. I actually don't think of the different groups as all that different, except for this one and the Wolves. The cannibals, Negan's group, the hilltop people, the Governor's people, the Arlington people all look pretty interchangeable except for their customs and goals.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Well I figure you don't wear bright colors to stand out to zombies or to other humans but that is just my opinion. I have seen plenty of female zombies in pants maybe you aren't noticing because we all the decay and shit it is kind of hard to tell a difference.

Oh and technically some of the Saviors are probably so called normal people they just have a leader that does things different than what we are used to with our group. I still say Rick's not that far off from Negan anyway.
    I think that Rick and Negan are both Alpha-style leaders, but Negan is literally killing and maiming people (and often deliberately targeting people not directly involved in the offense) for perceived offenses.

Wasn't crazy about the new group, but loved the visual of them filing out of one of the tunnels. They looked like ants.

Why is it that Rick's group is just this ragtag collection of "normal" people, but all the other groups have a schtick? They dress alike, sound alike, have bizarro leaders. I mean, seriously, did this junkyard group learn a new language and practice marching formations? Where did they get matching clothes? And, while I'm at it, did clothes with colors other than black, gray and brown exist pre-apocalypse? I understand that washing clothes isn't happening much, but there isn't a pop of color to be seen anywhere. And, apparently, except for the survivors, no women wore pants because every zombie woman wears flowy dresses or skirts.
    I don't think the "schticks" are any different than what you see today IRL. I mean - each country/state/region has groups where stereotypes come from. I think it's more apparent in the show because groups are few and far between - and consist of small numbers.

As far as bizaro leaders go - let's not forget that Rick:

a) bit someone's throat out
    b) staged and led an invasion that wiped out an entire building of enemies
    c) shot two random dudes in a bar
    d) killed his best friend

I'm sure I could go on. I don't think Rick and Co. and much different than any other group that we've encountered in the show. What's good now is they're actually trying to create allies instead of assuming everyone is the enemy.
    gas_chick likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    I don't think the "schticks" are any different than what you see today IRL. I mean - each country/state/region has groups where stereotypes come from. I think it's more apparent in the show because groups are few and far between - and consist of small numbers.

As far as bizaro leaders go - let's not forget that Rick:

a) bit someone's throat out
    b) staged and led an invasion that wiped out an entire building of enemies
    c) shot two random dudes in a bar
    d) killed his best friend

I'm sure I could go on. I don't think Rick and Co. and much different than any other group that we've encountered in the show. What's good now is they're actually trying to create allies instead of assuming everyone is the enemy.
    I get that, but Rick is Rick. He's not a "governor" or a "king," he doesn't walk around with a barbed wire baseball bat that he has named and acts as if it's human, he doesn't have a stilted speech pattern and hand signals for his group to follow and he's not a pragmatic cannibal. I think that Negan's group is mostly bad-asses, or people who think they are bad-asses, the Oceanside is all women, Hilltop is a bunch of farmers, the Kingdom seems like a small town, just like Woodbury was. Rick's group is this rag-tag collection of different people. JMO.

Elite Member

I get that, but Rick is Rick. He's not a "governor" or a "king," he doesn't walk around with a barbed wire baseball bat that he has named and acts as if it's human, he doesn't have a stilted speech pattern and hand signals for his group to follow and he's not a pragmatic cannibal. I think that Negan's group is mostly bad-asses, or people who think they are bad-asses, the Oceanside is all women, Hilltop is a bunch of farmers, the Kingdom seems like a small town, just like Woodbury was. Rick's group is this rag-tag collection of different people. JMO.
    I'm with you on this one. I wasn't impressed by the trash dump people.I despise the King with a tiger. The actor annoys me. And Negan I'm so tired of his group.

Well I guess it is just me that can watch Negan interact with the Saviors all day long. Loved last night's episode. Eugene and Dwight were great. There are people in Negan's group that think they are bad asses and there are plenty who just fell in line much like the Alexandria group. Rosita being the biggest I think I'm an annoying badass.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Well I guess it is just me that can watch Negan interact with the Saviors all day long. Loved last night's episode. Eugene and Dwight were great. There are people in Negan's group that think they are bad asses and there are plenty who just fell in line much like the Alexandria group. Rosita being the biggest I think I'm an annoying badass.
    So do you think Eugene is in survival mode or has he really drank the Negan Kool-Aid? I'm on the fence. I thought it was an interesting episode. I like how they fleshed out Dwight's story a bit. This is the first time I've really felt anything for him but contempt.

I still don't quite get how the doctor got framed by the note and why Negan is believing that Dwight let Sherry get eaten by walkers.

Did I interpret it wrongly, or were the three women ultimately just testing Eugene on Negan's behalf? He showed up right after two of them stormed off....

I think Eugene is in survival mode but also he is enjoying being someone. Someone that others are looking up too and thing he is smart but at the end of the day Negan murdered Abraham and he won't turn simply because of that.

Mo-I'm not really sure. I think the girls really want to kill him and I think if Negan put him to the test, he would tell Eugene he passed or failed.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Did I interpret it wrongly, or were the three women ultimately just testing Eugene on Negan's behalf? He showed up right after two of them stormed off....
    I could totally see that.

I'm so over Rosita's bullshit and Sasha's too. I will cheer when and if they both get killed trying to rush into shit. No thoughts of who else that might get murdered while they are trying their shit.
    tulip likes this.

I'm so over Rosita's bullshit and Sasha's too. I will cheer when and if they both get killed trying to rush into shit. No thoughts of who else that might get murdered while they are trying their shit.
    Not only that, they fought over Wreck-it Ralph!!!
    tulip and Wicked Goddess like this.

Lol but I did love Abraham. I'm a sucker for a Ginger.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Elite Member

I blame Rosita more than Sasha because Rosita has become insufferable. She already blew it trying to kill Negan and Olivia was killed. Don't these two get it that if you fail, you don't generally get killed, it's your loved ones.

This episode was a bit of a fail for me. I have been really patient with the show, but I'm growing weary of this slow chess match. I want to see the whole group together instead of these little episodes focussed on 1-2 characters. The whole first half of 7 was like that. I thought we'd see a little more of them doing things as a group or at least bigger groupings.

Still don't like the junkyard group. Seriously, the way they speak is incredibly annoying!
    Alysheba likes this.

I loved the whole thing at the carnival. I got sick of seeing Tara's moping face about whether she should tell the group about the guns and of course Rosita's sour face who can't wait to get someone killed by trying to off Negan.

Thread Information