Page 112 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1841
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Did they edit Noah's death scene too because that one was just as rough. We watched the guy get pulled apart and had to sit through the whole thing.
    witchcurlgirl and Alysheba like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Noah's death was hard to watch. Sad, cause his life was turning around, with Deanna's husbands taking him under his wing due to Noah's interest in engineering.

I've read the three compendiums of the comics, and was a bit disturbed how entertaining I found Negan to be in the last one. I hated him, but loved him! Hubby hasn't read any of the comics involving Negan, so it's kind of weird trying to explain him. I heard myself saying "He doesn't kill women--he has a thing, a system. He's an ass and a bastard but he's not unreasonable." He made me laugh in the comics (with his folksy sailor talk, of course ) almost as much as he should have repelled me.

On the other hand, this episode was absolutely brutal, and I had followed so much online gossip that I knew what to expect in terms of the deaths. I cried multiple times anyway, and I'm not a crier. Glen talking to Maggie in his final moments and Rick's/Carl's reaction to the "cut off his arm" scenario was heartbreaking. Maybe I'm just getting to be a puss in my old age. Highly possible.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Elite Member

For people who don't know the comics, I think they need to stop talking about how charismatic Negan is and just show us. Right now, he just seems like a pompous ass who loves the sound of his own voice. Don't try and sell him, let the character click or not click based on writing and performance. I think that is why a lot of fans are ticked off with this season. They are focussing so much on Negan, they made most of the marketing for this season about him. We'd only met this character for about 15 minutes last season. We need to learn more before we can hate him, love him or love to hate him.

I care about Rick & Co. To me, Negan is just a bump in the road who will eventually have his ass handed to him, and personally, I can't wait until that day.
    LastLook likes this.

Elite Member

Carol's performance tonight - gold.

I'm not impressed with The Kingdom. I expected some bad ass troops with armor. Nope, just another wimped out town like Alexandria. The ending gave the illusion of a ship between Carol and Ezekiel. I'm over all the shipping, let's move on with the story.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

I found myself enjoying tonights episode more than last week's, but I may be bias because I love Carol. And I really like Ezekiel! I will cut some slack on the GCI tiger
    politesse and LastLook like this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I really liked this week's episode, but I was also really looking forward to learning more about Ezekiel and The Kingdom. I'm really digging Ezekiel and his dirty tricks so far, I'd even go so far as to say he's in my top three favorite characters at the moment.

Some of the slower episodes can be REALLY slow - but this one had really good pacing IMO.

I was sad to see Hershel's pocket watch gone from the intro
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

It's pretty funny to see the dramatic difference between how someone looks on the show and how they look in real life. King Ezekiel is practically exhibit A for this if you watched Talking Dead come on afterward.

Speaking of the intro, they had Alanna Masterson listed, but what happened to her character? Didn't she die?

Loved this episode. Jerry was pure gold. The kingdom might be my favorite spot so far.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's pretty funny to see the dramatic difference between how someone looks on the show and how they look in real life. King Ezekiel is practically exhibit A for this if you watched Talking Dead come on afterward.

Speaking of the intro, they had Alanna Masterson listed, but what happened to her character? Didn't she die?
    Alanna Msterson is Tara - she went out on a two week run with someone else from Alexandria during the last episode of season 6. I don't think we know where she is right now, but I assume she is still alive.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

The ending gave the illusion of a ship between Carol and Ezekiel. I'm over all the shipping, let's move on with the story.

The shipping with Ezekiel and Carol is right out of the books (except it's Michonne and not Carol), so it is moving on with the story as it was written. It becomes a fairly big plot point.
    gas_chick, politesse and LastLook like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

From the previews it sure looks like Daryl is getting Carl's storyline with Negan from the comics.
    witchcurlgirl and Seapharris7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    From the previews it sure looks like Daryl is getting Carl's storyline with Negan from the comics.
    Yeah, from the brief part of the Negan comics I saw, I thought Carl was like Negan's assistant/hostage.

Daryl looks like he is somewhat in that role, and the previews for next week look great.

Hey, who is making the Kingdom play tribute? Are the Saviors an entirely different gang than Negan's?

The Saviors are Negan's group.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Elite Member

Loved last night's episode. Ezekiel is a hoot. I think he's a very clever man. He figured Carol out right away.

I think the exploration of the communities, how Negan rules, and then his eventual take down should be really interesting.

I love that they had the pigs eat walkers. Kind of like spitting in their food!

Thread Information