Page 107 of 123 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1841
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Carol was not there because, as Kirkman said himself, she will never die. That's why the fabricated "I care too much so I must leave" crap. I have really enjoyed this season because they are going with the comic, but yeah, what hey have done to Carol among others is quite frankly, unbelievable. I've never lived in a zombie apocalypse, so I concede I am not an expert. They did what they did with Carol to keep her on the show. She had nowhere else to go. I still think it was a confusing and shitty storyline for her character.
    tulip and Alysheba like this.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Elite Member

^^^ Like, 100X

What they did with Carol was purely plot driven, and they didn't even do it in a good way. That woman is a survivor. She is a warrior. I never bought her breakdown, because she has put on other personas before as a means to an end. It was too quick and not explained satisfactorily. Besides that, she'd whimper and cower and then kick ass -- so what was real and what was an act. They could have gone this way with her, but the way they did it was slapdash and shortsighted.

I think so much of this season was just to get us to Negan, so they cut some corners. They wanted Negan for the finale. I think it was a mistake to rush things. Also, they put so much on Negan's arrival and the whole "who gets Lucilled" thing that you couldn't appreciate the finale and how it really was a take down of Rick.
    Alysheba, LastLook and MsDark like this.

Elite Member

I agree with both of you, now that it is over and I've had a moment to digress.

In the comics Michonne went to the Kingdom. Why not on the show? Deanna told her she would find her place in this world. Instead they hooked her with Rick, which was the most unnatural hook-up on the show. It appeared out of nowhere. They screw with Carol's character and send her to the Kingdom. Her character change was also unbelievable. Maybe I'm reading too much into this but, they have paired most the couples black/white. Ezekiel leader of the Kingdom is black. It seems forced. That's why I'm not convinced Glenn wasn't Negan's victim. The show is becoming politically correct instead of great writing.

Tulip is right about the Negan hype, the rush and we failed as viewers to appreciate the full season.

I have a hunch season 7 will be a complete failure and TWD will loose their fan base. The writers, such as that freaking moron Scott Gimple are ruining the show.

tulip, I agree that it was plot driven. What they were trying to do with Carol was nonsensical to me, until I understood that they needed her to be somewhere other than at the scene of Negan. I fully think they did that plot arc with her character just to not have her die on the show. Having said that, I would be shocked if it wasn't Glenn who died from Lucille. i don't see any future for his character, and considering how Maggie progresses in the comics, it kind of has to happen. But I agree with Alysheba...I hate Gimple, too. He irritates the hell out of me.
    tulip and Seapharris7 like this.

Elite Member

They definitely rushed so they could have the pieces in place for Negan's arrival. It's a shame, because it messed with what had been so great about the show -- the characters. Imagine if they had let this breathe a bit and really let Rick and Co settle in at Alexandria. The fall would have been so much greater. Imagine if Carol's flip out had been more gradual and authentic. It all would have been more impactful. Oh well.

A gradual and authentic breakdown by Carol would have been awesome to me (because I think she'd snap out of it, or if not, we'd be a party to why), but they are worried about ratings. As Alysheba has put forth....Gimple is a marketer (who gets on my nerves with his bullshit Red Herrings, as well as his face and voice). We've been watching old DVRs of TWD episodes here lately, and they aren't bad at all. It's kind of like coming home to a simpler time. Flaws and everything.
    politesse and Seapharris7 like this.

Bump

So I FINALLY bothered to watch the season finale. I had heard all the talk about how they didn't show who got Lucille'd, so I really wasn't interested. But I will say I'm glad I waited because I wasn't disappointed.

But I do feel like they lessened the impact of the death(s) by not showing it. Now the first episode will have to start off with the death, with no emotional build up since it's been months since the finale.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I think there will be plenty of emotion depending on who go the bat.

I went to Senioa, Georgia on Saturday to check out Woodbury and Alexandria. It was so fun and cool to see it all. You couldn't get very close to Alexandria but the town is actually Woodbury so that is a little mind blowing.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I think there will be plenty of emotion depending on who go the bat.

I went to Senioa, Georgia on Saturday to check out Woodbury and Alexandria. It was so fun and cool to see it all. You couldn't get very close to Alexandria but the town is actually Woodbury so that is a little mind blowing.
    Wasn't it cool? We visited a few years ago. Such a cute little town! My husband took us all over looking for locations. It was fun. I wasn't even watching the show when we went, so when I finally got hooked this year and watched all 6 seasons, it was so fun to see where we had visited!
    gas_chick likes this.

I don't think they'll directly address the death much. It will be stuff happening later, and implicit references to it. I don't think it will be shown, and probably not even the initial reactions from characters that we would all be interested in seeing. If it follows the comics, it's just a "move-on-6-months-or-three-years-later-type-of-situation." They've pussed out with the winter stuff. I think they will probably do that in this case, too.

Elite Member

It never snows nor are the trees bare on the show. LOL Northern Virginia (Alexandria) can have some nasty winters. I'm sure Atlanta has their fair share of snow and ice.
    LastLook likes this.

I'm wondering if they won't do a Rosita death for that, and Glenn later.

Elite Member

Apparently, in order to keep everything really secret, they've filmed "Lucille" deaths of all the major characters. I don't know if I believe that or not, but it's a good story to put out there in case footage leaks.
    LastLook likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm a fan of the The Walking Dead!

We finally got caught up with season 6. I think the Lucille victim will be the wavy haired guy, I don't even know what his name is. The one who went through the sewer with Maggie to look for Glenn.
    I didn't like the direction this season took, turning Rick and Co into rent-a-thugs seems off and forced. And too much inconsistency, they had a rocket launcher with several missiles, they only used one, why not take more in the RV and blow up the roadblocks? They knew the bad guys were out there and they took plenty of weapons anyway. And why have characters run off like idiots and others follow them and everyone getting into trouble, just does not make sense for seasoned survivors. And kick-ass Carol would never have a crisis of conscience and get all blubbery about killing threats. And why cast that annoying nasal-voiced Alicia Witt? Having said all that, hub and I are still hooked and can't wait til season 7.
    LastLook likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information