Page 103 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1841
Like Tree992Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Elite Member

Who in the group would we consider a champ?

I think any of them but I'm still leaning toward Daryl, Abraham or Glen in that order.
    tulip and Alysheba like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

I'm thinking Glenn, Abraham or Daryl, in that order.

Unless Norman wants to leave, I just can't see them killing off Daryl. But Glenn, oh Glenn...he annoys me sometimes, but he's been there since the first. I can't even imagine the show without him. Personally, Abraham is the most expendable to me. I never developed an attachment to him, Rosita, Eugene or Tara the way I did to the group in earlier in the show. I like them OK, but they never really connected for me. Hershel, Beth, Andrea, Dale -- those deaths made me really sad, even though Andrea bugged the crap out of me. I really liked Denise. I connected to her pretty quickly and I liked Tara with her. Her death also made me sad. I like the tougher Eugene, and the actor who plays him is a hoot, but eh...Rosita is a bad ass, but eh... I think it is their connection to the big orange goober Abraham that makes me so meh about them.
    Alysheba likes this.

Elite Member

Writers like to incorporate clues into dialogue and props. Maybe the word 'champ' is a clue to the identity. I'm assuming here. Who is THE CHAMP of the group? Who came out fighting and won? Michonne is the only one who fits the description. From the time we met her she was in fight mode. She stood fierce against the Governor. She proved her worth to Rick and company. She has always been the voice of reason and fought any her opposed her and won, even against Rick. She vied for Carl's love and respect and won. When has Michonne ever lost? Never. She has been untouchable since the beginning. I can see her distinct, steely glare capturing Negan and his remark is his show of initial fear.

Plus her external work in directing, producing and stage in NYC are successful.

Or... is there anyone on the show who has been called champ or referred to as a champion?

Negan could do me a favor and clobber Enid. Nah, I'm not that lucky.
    tulip likes this.

Elite Member

^^ Your Enid comment made me LOL.

I didn't even consider Michonne. That would make me horribly, horribly sad.

I agree...but I think it's Glenn because he saw the Polaroids of Lucille's other victims the night of the raid. I hope I'm wrong.
    Alysheba likes this.

Elite Member

^ I considered that too, but that is way too obvious and every viewer has known the Glenn/Baseball bat connection for over two seasons. BUT, and don't shoot me, if I recall the victims in the photographs were all men/boys. What if the foreshadow is a parallel, and it's Maggie? The least likely victims would be Maggie and Judith. Want to shock and enrage the viewers, there ya go. But if this happened to Judith, I would never watch the show again. Would Negan dare to slaughter a pregnant woman?

The one who has done the most damage to Negan, is Daryl.

I still believe it will be one of the original cast members...I think if it were Glenn we'd be hearing more of Maggie in that audio. I also think they might give Maggie a breakbseeing as she lost her sister last season and her father the season before.

I still keep going back to seeing rumors that Norman was wanting out of the show, he'd definitely take a beating "like a champ" in my opinion. It would be devastating to see him go like that though.

The other more obvious option to me would be Abraham but I think he'll be spared because he's not one of those original cast members.

My most upseetting death to date was Hershel. He was such an amazing character and a really important person for Rick to have around. I cried my eyes out.

Edited to add: Also on the Daryl as victim theory I think writers and producers are well aware of the fandom that Norman Reedus brings to the show and although there's the ever popular "if Daryl dies we riot" mantra - it's just that. If fans see him bite the dust tomorrow they'll have their cooling down time and then be back full force in October to watch Rick's group try and take down Negan. I don't think the loss of viewers would be as huge as people might think.
    Last edited by o0Amber0o; April 2nd, 2016 at 08:02 AM.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Elite Member

I don't know where this whole line up will take place, but for some reason I was thinking it wouldn't be Alexandria and Judith would be nowhere around...hopefully Father Gabriel is keeping her safe. If it is in Alexandria and they have everyone lined up and she's there, I can't even with the idea of Judith being around for this.

Elite Member

I'm not sure either. But how did Negan manage to round up all the originals? They were scattered.

This is where everyone was at the end of last weeks episode. I'm doing this from memory, if any are wrong let me know.

Alexandria - Maggie, Gabriel, Judith, Carl, Sasha, Abraham, Tara, Eugene

Rick is on his way back to Alexandria.

Carol is out in the countryside, but I think the man who found her Rosary has her and taking her to Negan.

Morgan is searching for Carol.

With Dwight - Daryl, Michonne, Glenn, Rosita

We know from the audio, Negan mentions Carl and says he'll remove the other eye. Negan has never seen Carl, how does he know about his eye unless Negan is in Alexandria or he corralled them all and transported them to the factory. He also says that kid will be a serial killer. I'm not sure who Negan was referring to. He was harassing Maggie just before. I assumed he was referring to her unborn child. Some believe it was towards Carl, and I've heard others say he was referring to Judith, which tells me they are in Alexandria.

Thoughts?

Tara wasn't in Alexandria. She and Heath are on a supply run.
    Alysheba likes this.

Elite Member

Rick, Carl and a bunch of others take Maggie to Hilltop in the RV to get help. They are stopped on the road, so they could be anywhere Negan wanted all the people rounded up. He could bring them all back to Alexandria so he could check it out. We'll see very soon...

I thought he was talking about Carl, not Judith or Maggie's baby. Who knows? I just don't want Judith there.

Elite Member

That's true, but the discussion if fun.

well my two fav characters are daryl and michonne. they are both bad ass and good leaders. better than rick. so i would be massively pissed if one of them died but i would still keep watching. if negan will only kill men or boys i think it cannot be rick because he wants the leader to see what he can do to ricks people so rick can feel like a failure and i dont think its glenn because we thought he almost died twice. that would be too much to handle if they killed him now. !!! it could be daryl (dear God no!), abraham, eugene, gabriel, paul/jesus, morgan. thats all i got.

Elite Member

It won't be Jesus, he's not a group member. He belongs to Hilltop.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post

Negan could do me a favor and clobber Enid. Nah, I'm not that lucky.
    I would have to agree with you there! LOL....God she is fucking annoying sometimes!
    IDK but they are showing a lot of daryl pics on their facebook page. Hmmmm

Thread Information