Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: AMC Cancels 'The Killing' After Two Seasons

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I could not watch the end of last night's episode. I'm serious. I had to leave the room. JFC, that was quite an ending.
    I was riveted. Totally there and quivering, god, just god. My husband freaked out though and couldn't watch it.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Same. Wow. It was horrible.

On a happier note, I was pleasantly surprised to realize Sunday's ep was not the finale.
    So horrible! It's been a while since I've felt that much emotion from a show. Peter Sarsgaard is amazing.

I think this Sunday is a two hour episode.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I was riveted. Totally there and quivering, god, just god. My husband freaked out though and couldn't watch it.
    I was such a chicken shit. I watched until he saw Adrian. Then, since i watched the west coast feed, I looked online to see what happened to him. i knew from the title of the episode, "Six Minutes", that Ray's (spoiler) fear of not having his neck break (spoiler) was going to happen. God. I freaked, too.

fgg

i cried when he was taken away from adrian. i couldn't watch the end either.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I adored Twin Peaks, so I might get into it, but when I started reading about a dead teenage girl in the Pacific Northwest whose past comes out afterwards and might include a brothel - I thought I'd seen this show before.
    Not at all the same. No dancing dwarf, no supernatural elements. *spits* New shoes!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Damn. They can't end this show for shit. I knew it was going to be who it was, but it was still a let down. It had to be someone that had a little bit of story line, but the ending was so blah.

i agree. the 'big reveal' always comes together a bit too quickly so they can have a nice wrap up.

Elite Member

*SPOILERS*

It would have been much better if the writer's had dropped some bread crumbs along the way to show us that Skinner was a possibility. Imagine what the story could have been if we, the audience, suspected Skinner but Linden didn't. At least they could have shown the gaps of his career that corresponded to the gaps in the killings, or something. Maybe some dismissive attitude about the girls' deaths?

Still, we got some choice Holder moments last night; we are going to miss him around this house. I also liked that his nasty old partner made good by finding Adrian. He might be a dick but he was ultimately good police.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    *SPOILERS*

It would have been much better if the writer's had dropped some bread crumbs along the way to show us that Skinner was a possibility. Imagine what the story could have been if we, the audience, suspected Skinner but Linden didn't. At least they could have shown the gaps of his career that corresponded to the gaps in the killings, or something. Maybe some dismissive attitude about the girls' deaths?

Still, we got some choice Holder moments last night; we are going to miss him around this house. I also liked that his nasty old partner made good by finding Adrian. He might be a dick but he was ultimately good police.

I agree. The only reason I knew the killer was **SPOILER Skinner SPOILER** was because I knew it was going to have to be someone that was part of the story line and they were making some of the other people a little too obvious.

fgg

i knew it was going to be skinner as well because they were pointing too hard at the dick partner cop. i still enjoy the show though.

i've fallen in love with holder. what's her forgettable face does not deserve joel!

I thought the last two episodes were just great tv. I love the interaction between Holder and Linden so much. He will have to protect her ass again because she murdered Skinner. The actress who played Callie's mom had me about sobbing with the bridge scene. So freaking sad because I foolishly had hope for her too up until I saw her ring. I had suspected Skinner a while back because we all knew that the guy they arrested was too obvious. The only thing that I don't get was why he bothered with Adrian. It was over. Seward had been executed for Skinner's crimes. Absolutely no reason to go back after him even to just scare him a little.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I thought the last two episodes were just great tv. I love the interaction between Holder and Linden so much. He will have to protect her ass again because she murdered Skinner. The actress who played Callie's mom had me about sobbing with the bridge scene. So freaking sad because I foolishly had hope for her too up until I saw her ring. I had suspected Skinner a while back because we all knew that the guy they arrested was too obvious. The only thing that I don't get was why he bothered with Adrian. It was over. Seward had been executed for Skinner's crimes. Absolutely no reason to go back after him even to just scare him a little.
    I suppose Skinner thought the missing boy would lure Linden to his side so he could take her to the Lake House. I knew he didn't have the time--it was the same day---to take the boy all that long way to the lake house and drive all the way back to his house where he met up with Linden. The only thing I wasn't sure of was whether Skinner planned to kill her.

They better get a 4th season! No way I can stand not knowing how Linden and Holder--my hero!--- will handle Skinner's murder.
    gas_chick likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

'The Killing' Canceled -- Again
    6:31 PM PDT 9/10/2013 by Lesley Goldberg, Michael O'Connell

After being revived for a third season, the AMC drama will not continue on.

AMC
    "The Killing"

AMC has canceled The Killing for the second time.
    our editor recommends

'The Killing': Mireille Enos on the Killer's Reveal, Linden's Bold Act and Season 4 (Q&A)

How 'The Killing' Came Back to Life

STORY: How 'The Killing' Came Back to Life
    "We have made the difficult decision not to move forward with a fourth season of The Killing," AMC said in a statement. "We want to thank our great partners at Fox Television Studios, creator Veena Sud, an extraordinary cast and the dedicated fans who watched."
    After its revival, the third season of The Killing was largely in line with the second in ratings. The third season opened to a steady 1.8 million viewers (563,000 adults 18-49) before dipping in the middle and rising back up to 1.5 million viewers in its summer finale. That number bested the sophomore run's finale, but was still a long way from the record 2.7 million viewers that first tuned in to the drama when it opened on April 3, 2011.
    PHOTOS: Emmys 2012: On the Set of AMC's 'The Killing'
    "Fox Television Studios is extremely proud of all three seasons of The Killing. We’re especially gratified to have orchestrated a unique deal with AMC for season three that included a bold partnership with Netflix," FTVS said in a statement. "While we would have loved to produce a fourth season for AMC, FTVS is immensely grateful to everyone involved with this moving series: our brilliant cast, led by Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and season three's Peter Sarsgaard, our stellar executive producer, Veena Sud, a remarkable writing and producing team, and a tireless, dedicated crew. Most of all, FTVS thanks the terrific fans of The Killing, who communicated their appreciation for the show throughout its run."
    The Killing, which lost viewers' trust after failing to answer its central "Who killed Rosie Larsen?" question during its freshman season, returned for a second season to see its ratings fall nearly 30 percent, drawing the ax at AMC. Following a deal with FTVS, AMC and Netflix, the series was revived for a rebooted third season featuring a new case and largely new cast (only Enos and Kinnaman returned). The series, which was based on the Danish entry Forbrydelsen and developed under Sud, concluded season three's central case during its finale, serving as closure compared with its freshman run.
    For AMC's part, the cabler has drama pilots Line of Sight, starring The Walking Dead's David Morrissey, in the works. The network recently ordered to series 1980s computer drama Halt & Catch Fire, starring Pushing Daisies' Lee Pace, as well as period drama Turn, based on the book Washington's Spies, from Nikita's Craig Silverstein. This summer, AMC will bid critical darling Breaking Bad farewell and will close the book on Mad Men in 2014. Freshman cop drama Low Winter Sun has failed to hold on to much of its Breaking Bad lead-in, which doesn't bode well for a second season.

'The Killing' Canceled -- Again

They should do a film, or move the show to one of the premium cable channels.

Damn this really sucks!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

i watched all three seasons and enjoyed it but i do prefer these shows to move faster and have at least some developments. i've had to bail on the bridge and low winter sun just for that reason.

Well, that sucks. Shame because it's an amazing show. Well written, great actors, great scenery and ambiance. Just awesome.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information