Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: The Affair on Showtime

Kinda funny that Cole is now a "model citizen" when he used to be the head of his family's drug dealing ring.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Season finale is this Sunday. Last week's show was really good.

My stupid DVR cut out because of rain. Can someone tell me what happened when he confronted the guard at his house?
    Waterslide likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    My stupid DVR cut out because of rain. Can someone tell me what happened when he confronted the guard at his house?
    Sure! From what I recall...Spoilers or whatever: Noah confronts "It's GUNTHER!" at his house just to discover that he's a normal guy with an autistic son. Noah is still convinced Gunther is trying to kill him, but apparently he's a big ol' Teddy Bear. He tries to de-escalate Noah and offers to buy him a beer at the bar around the corner, but Noah pulls a knife on him, so Gunther's guard training kicks in and he pretty safely and peacefully restrains Noah and tells him to leave and never to come near his wife or son again and to get some help. And I think that Noah runs away and that's how he ends up in the middle of the lake. I don't know if you also wanted to know about the visits from Gunther in Noah's jail cell? Basically, Gunther was pretty normal and just discussing Noah's dumb writing with him, but he seemed pretty paranoid in jail, too. Because there's this whole new guilt/PTSD/mommy issue thread they've started about how Noah feels about assisting with his mother's death.

That's how I remember it, but I was half asleep, but I think that's the gist of it.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Like and thanks. So Gunther was just a guard and didn't even hurt him at all. Sounds like Trixie had Noah pegged.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Yeah, it was a real wtf moment. Gunther was all sadistic in Noah's hallucinations or whatever they were, yet when he shows up at Gunther's house, he's Mr. Mild Mannered. Noah pulls a knife on him and all he does is talk to him calmly and then just lets him run down the street with the knife in his hand. So all the prison stuff was a figment of Noah's imagination? Ok, show. Oh and I guess Noah's shoulder injury which has him hooked on pills was self-inflicted from him throwing himself against the wall in prison. Ok. And yeah, he also stabbed himself. As I suspected.

The scene where Gunther was reading Noah's manuscript to him definitely made it sound like Noah did a little more than just assist in his mom's suicide, more like he overdosed her so he could get away and take that college scholarship. So he killed his mom. That's the way I took it anyway.

The scene in the bar with Helen and Allison was not even remotely close to last week's version. So now that Helen knows Allison was there at the scene of the accident and saw it all, does this change Helen's idea that Noah sacrificed himself for her...or was he trying to protect Allison? I dunno.

Anyway, it seems like Noah and Helen have one thing in common now--their respective guilt is driving them both crazy. And it looks like Vik will stand by her now that he knows the truth. Poor sap. I still don't get why he doesn't run run run far away from this fucked up situation.

I suppose next week we'll have some big cliffhanger so we can hate this show even more. Hmmm maybe Allison will be pregnant and again won't know who the father is, since she slept with both Noah and Cole (again)
    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Like!

I was reading a recap and some writer thinks Noah killed a kid when he was younger. No clue where he pulled that from I just assumed like you that he killed his mom and she didn't know like he keeps claiming.

I think they were trying to get a point across that Allison was drunk and doesn't remember confessing to Helen but I guess we will see. Season finale is Sunday so yeah we are gonna be left hanging for sure.
    Waterslide likes this.

Huh. I didn't catch anything about him killing anyone other than his mom.

Oh so I guess Allison was so drunk she imagined Helen was wearing big ol' glasses? Beware the long island iced tea!
    Waterslide likes this.

i think now that helen knows alison was at the scene of the accident that night, she now thinks noah fell on the sword for alison, not for her, and that's a game changer for her.

it would make more sense if noah did murder his mother, as opposed to an assisted suicide, because the father was pissed at him and it tore the family apart.

i couldn't believe vik told helen he'll find her after work.

how great was it when helen locked her parents in the panic room?
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Ugh Helen's parents fucking suck.

I think at the end of the day Noah fell on the sword because he wanted to punish himself. He's that selfish. It was never about saving Helen or Allison. I have no clue where that writer is getting that Noah did something other than off his mother. Guess we shall see.

Panic-I just noticed our sig. Love it. That series of tweets from Patton was amazing!
    Waterslide likes this.

^lol, I know! he's so adorably hilarious!
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

What in the fuckity fuck was that last night??
    Waterslide likes this.

Lol do tell Trixie I haven't seen the whole episode yet!!!

Well...it ended in a whimper when I was expecting a bang.

The first ugh....Part 1: Juliet. I mean who gives a flying fuck about the French masturbator? Haven't we already seen enough of her already? So, that was a wasted half hour. Then, Part 2: Noah. wtf is with this show and Noah? They've given him and his totally fucked up storyline the majority of time in this season already. And now suddenly, after months of bizarre hallucinations, opiate addiction, and plunging a knife into his own neck, 3 months later, there he is in Paris, all better, clear-headed and happy go lucky. Sorry, but if Allison needed 6 months in-patient mental care, this guy needed double that.

At the end they show Vik at Helen's, decorating the tree, and then Helen waving to Noah at the window. Wait...what?? Why didn't we at least get Helen's story instead of Frenchy's? Last week she was all ready to bare her soul and now...nothing. Allison and Cole, oh well who cares about them. And I suppose next season it will jump ahead another 3 years again.

Grrrrrrrr. Fucking show.
    Waterslide and gas_chick like this.

Yep I finished it last night. I have no clue why I'm supposed to care about Juliette or her family. Why didn't they show what Helen decided to do? Or how Noah isn't a total nut job anymore? Or what he did in the past that was so bad? Was I supposed to feel bad that he didn't know where to go? Maybe one of the worst season finales I've ever seen.
    Trixie, Waterslide and BelledeJour like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information