Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: ABC - The Bachelor (Juan Pablo's Season)

Scratching my head over why Sharleen was on this show in the first place. She always acted like she didn't know what it as about. And I doubt the show would further her opera career.

And Nicky meeting the kid and the ex already? That had to kill needy Clare!
    Last edited by KristiB; February 19th, 2014 at 07:14 AM.

Yeah, I don't get Sharleen either. I think she went on the show not knowing who the bachelor would be, so maybe she was hoping for somebody more sophisticated? When she found out it was Juan Pablo, she knew he wasn't good enough for her, but his fascination with her made her feel good. They definitely make no sense together, but it looked like there was an attraction.

Did anyone else catch when Sharleen said something like, "Sometimes I wish I were dumber so this would be easier"... It was obvious from night one that she thought Juan Pablo was an idiot.

I was also surprised they let Nikki meet Camila, and I have a problem with that on several levels. First of all, I don't think Bachelor(ettes) or contestants with kids should involve the kids in the show at all. As the child of divorced parents, it bothers me when they introduce these kids to the parents' dates who more than likely are not going to be sticking around, even if they do "win." Especially a child as young as Camila. When that person is out of the picture, it can be very hurtful and confusing for the child. I think it's wrong for the show to use the kid as a storyline and put them in the middle of a dating game for their parents. If the Bachelor is a single parent and they meet someone they think they could see a future with, they can introduce that person to their child after filming. But I don't think the child should ever appear on the show or meet any of the contestants while the show is still filming. That's something that should come later, privately, and only in the event of a serious, long-term relationship.

Additionally, I think it's unfair to the other women remaining to allow Nikki to meet his family. That creates a bond that the others can't possibly match. They may as well have just done the final rose ceremony at that point and named Nikki the winner.

I bet Sharleen gets asked to be the next Bachelorette. I don't get what any of these women see in him and yet I keep watching....His best pick would be needy Claire at this point.

Juan Pablo is AWFUL. It was so nice to see Andi putting him in his place last night.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Juan Pablo is AWFUL. It was so nice to see Andi putting him in his place last night.
    Was that the scene where someone was saying she was offended because he said she wasathere by default? That's the first and only part of this season I've ever watched, and I thought JP was annoying, trying to pull the "English is not my first language" card.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can't believe you guys watch this crap....as I check my DVR to see if RHoNY is scheduled to record.
    KristiB likes this.

I haven't watch this show since season one but last week I watched with my daughter because she was home for a weekend. Now I'm watching the finale. I am shocked that this thread has died on the vice when this bachelor is so worthy of our scorn.
    card likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

He made himself more and more unlikeable with every word. The word 'douche' is overused but his face is on the bottle.
    sluce likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

This guy is a total pig.

Bachelor Juan Pablo: What Obscene Comment He Told Clare Crawley on Helicopter During Finale

Entertainment
    March 11, 2014 AT 1:00PM
    By Justin Ravitz

Juan Pablo and Clare
    Credit: ABC/Rick Rowell

Yep, Clare Crawley dodged a bullet. Several bullets! On the Monday, March 10 season 18 finale of The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis passed on Crawley, 32, in favor of pediatric nurse Nikki Ferrell -- although the not-so-charming former soccer stud declined to propose to Ferrell, 26, or even tell her "I love you."

"I would never want my children having a father like you," hairstylist Crawley fumed at Galavis, 32, after he delivered his verdict. Where did it all go wrong for the pair? Two words: Helicopter date. During Juan and Clare's final one-on-one, they soared in a helicopter above St. Lucia. Cameras showed Juan whispering something in her ear.

"I'm shocked," Clare later says. "He chose to tell me something that no woman wants to hear. That he doesn't know me and some sexual thing I don't want to repeat. It was insulting and it was offensive."

So, ahem, what did he say?! "He said, 'I love f---ing you but I don't know you,'" a source confirms to Us Weekly.

"She's totally over him," the source continues. "She is done with him and relieved that they are not together."
    Read more: Bachelor Juan Pablo: What Obscenity He Told Clare on Helicopter Date - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I watched two half-episodes, read all the gossip and spoilers, and watched last night. I hope Juan Pablo suffers the wrath of a thousand years of scorn for all womankind. Huge pig.

I usually watch the Bachelor,...but I just couldn't do it this year. I have disliked many of the past Bachelors,....but this guy rubbed me wrong by the 2nd "getting to know you" shows at the beginning. I didn't even make it to a rose ceremony show this time. I knew I couldn't listen to him for several months or hear these women chant,...Juan Pablo, Juan Pablo, Juan Pablo.....Bleck! I hated Sean and Ben, too. But, I watched every one of those shows.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

How is this show still on the air? I watched the "After the Rose Ceremony Finale" last night (under duress I might add) and I actually felt bad for this tool bag.
    The Host is being a total dick head about him not telling the chosen chick that he loves her and because they didn't get engaged. Seriously? He's probably the smartest Bachelor out there. Not many people are totally in love after 3 months or get engaged. Isn't it better that he was honest?

And that girl is offended that he told her "I like effing you, but I don't know you". Fine.. but why are you sleeping with some a-hole that's dating 15 other women?

I don't get it...I have to be missing something?
    sputnik likes this.

^^^^
    i haven't watched more than 5 minutes of this in years and honestly, i just can't. it's too cringe-worthy. i can't bring myself to watch a whole episode and to listen to any of these idiots speak. yes, he's a total dick but the women on this show deserve nothing but contempt.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

I think that what was so frustrating to Chris Harrison last night is that Juan Pablo was giving up nothing. Fine, he doesn't love her. But no "I'm crazy about her." "My feelings grow deeper every day." Something. This whole "it's private" thing is BS because he signed up to be on a dating show. It's not private. He's a complete arrogant ass and a manipulative con artist. The whole "honesty" thing he kept throwing out is BS too. There is a huge difference between honesty and being a jerk. Whenever he was confronted he would talk in circles and not accept responsibility for anything. He is an epic douchebag.

It's such a stupid show, but it has a premise and if you sign up to be on the show, you sign up for the whole thing. You can't pick and choose what parts you want to experience. I don't care that he didn't propose, but to claim that it's all private now is ridiculous. It's not private until they say it is -- that's the deal. I think he's just pissed because he wasn't chosen for Dancing with the Stars.
    card and Lobelia like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information