Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ABC-The Bachelor 2013 - Sean Lowe's season

I was surprised that he let Ashlee go last night. I figured he would let Katherine go home. I don't think that either of the girls left will be mature enough in the long run for him, or the type of relationship he wants.

Ashlee was mad, but I commend her for holding her tongue and not saying anything she would regret. It is better to be quiet sometimes, than to go off all half-cocked and make a fool of yourself on national tv.
    southernbelle likes this.

Elite Member

I was surprised at the total not explanation he gave her -- I thought you were the one? But...but....but.... there was no but -- he just said I'm sorry. That sure isn't any closure.

Yea,..I don't think the guy is head over heels for any of these girls, and he was just forced to get rid of one. He just hem and hawed around and didn't really have a solid answer for her. I think Ashlee would be a more mature choice, but maybe he likes how impulsive the younger girls are, compared to Ashlee. She is older, 32, and more cautious and settled down into her life. The other two are young at 24 and 26, and really have no clue yet. I think both of them think this guy is their answer to happiness, and life will be perfect when they are married. Yea, right,.....

Ashlee scared me with those steely eyes. Sean should have ran. Chris had the sense not to come out like he usually does. As for Tierra, I call BS on the engagement. She probably lying so she can save face when the other women confront her next week. I just can't help think she's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I don't think that either of the girls left will be mature enough in the long run for him, or the type of relationship he wants.
    I totally agree with this. The more we've seen of both of these girls, the less impressed I've been with them. I don't think Catherine is serious about this (or about Sean) at all. She doesn't even look him in the eye when she talks to him. I don't see her being anywhere near ready to settle down and pursue a serious relationship and I also don't think she has any intention of ever moving to Dallas to be with Sean. From what her sisters said, I got the impression that she's very self absorbed and is fickle in relationships because the minute it stops being all about her and she is expected to compromise, she loses interest. I can't believe Sean was satisfied with her answer when he asked her if she could see herself settling down and getting married, and she launched into a story about being in a three year relationship but then one day basically just deciding she didn't want to marry the guy. But then she tells Sean that now she's ready... because she can be 'weird' with him. Because in case you didn't notice or hear her the last 100 times she said it, she's soooo offbeat and weird! She's so goofy!!! She's known Sean for 10 weeks and can be 'goofy' and have fun with him when they're traveling all over the world on someone else's dime, going on elaborate Hollywood-produced dates designed specifically for them, and not dealing with any of the pressures of being in a long distance relationship in the real world, and that tells her that she is ready to marry him. Mmmkay.

Lindsay continues to come across as just a total fucking idiot, and I don't think Sean's into her. She's like a fuck buddy to him - nothing more. He puts too much emphasis on the "you're like my best friend!" remarks, and I think she'll get dumped in two weeks with a speech along the lines of, "You're like my best friend, but I need more than a best friend, and the romantic connection isn't there." She's a friend he'll make out with because she throws herself at him and it's easy. She's not someone I think he sees as serious wife material.

The fact that Sean did narrow it down to these two (probably, aside from Tierra, the two most immature girls there) tells me that he's not as serious about finding a wife as he claims to be. Either that, or he's an idiot. There are tons of red flags with Catherine, and he flat out refuses to see them or makes excuses. It reminds me of Ben with Courtney last season.

I also understood AshLee's reaction to being dumped. I think he'd been really leading her on and I also think some things were said and/or done in the fantasy suite that led her to believe she would be the final one. I'm sure she was blindsided, because of the final three, she's the only one who seems to possess all of the qualities that he's claimed over and over he's looking for. With all of AshLee's issues, I think it was cruel for him to carry her this far in the competition if he knew she was not the one or if he was not serious about finding a wife - and he doesn't really seem to be.

I'm glad that the preview for the finale showed his mom telling him that he doesn't need to be proposing to either one of these final two girls. Exactly what I'd say to my son if he were on the show... especially if he were someone who claims to have the values and life goals that Sean claims to have and his final two girls were Lindsay and Catherine. Good for his mom. Unfortunately, I think he's very easily manipulated by the producers, and if they want him to propose to someone, he's going to propose to someone.

I agree with all you said, Belle.

I don't blame his Mom, either. Maybe she can tell he isn't over the moon for these girls. I know he sure doesn't seem like it when he kisses them with those limp, fishy lipped kisses. I don't think he has ever opened his mouth even a tiny bit. Shit, I would want to know how this guy actually kisses if I was moving forward with him.

Did you see in the previews that Chris brings Sean a letter from one of the girls? It looks like he is standing in the spot where he would dump or ask the girl to marry him. I wonder if it is from Catherine backing out of the game. She seems fickle and,...WEIRD. lol

I have heard rumors that Des will be the next Bachelorette, because everyone felt so bad for her, but I kind of want Ashlee.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; February 27th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

I did see the letter in the previews... unfortunately, I think it's going to end up being no big deal and that they just hyped it to make it look like there's going to be serious drama. I think it's from either his mom or sister and will say some cheesy shit like "We trust your judgment, just go with your heart." Possibly even his mom giving him her blessing to propose after she told him earlier that he shouldn't (although I hope not).

I would be happy with either Des or AshLee as Bachelorette. I think I'd probably prefer Des, just because AshLee seems to have such serious emotional issues, so I'm not sure this show is the best environment for her to be looking for a husband. I just hope it's not Lindsay. I don't enjoy watching her and I don't think she's mature enough to lead the show.

Tonight is the night were the women bitch about each other. I wonder if Tiara will show up? I am hoping I am home in time for this tonight. My youngest girl has indoor soccer practice tonight, but we are to get a snow storm, too. Hoping they cancel practice so I can be home to watch. lol

I'm pretty sure Tierra does show up! I would also like to see AshLee confront Sean, because I think that he really led her on and it'll be interesting to see her thoughts on the whole situation and hear what she has to say.

OMG!!! I HATE that Tierra!!!! It is so funny that someone that has issues with most people they meet,....STILL wants to lay the blame back on others. If you have problems with most people in your life, there comes a day where you need to realize that you shoulder PART of the responsibility. She obviously hasn't had her un-huh moment in life and realized this. Until you fix you, you will continue to have problems, you dumb bitch! I hope this guy of hers realizes this before marrying this hag!!!! Poor me,...boo hoo. Fucking idiot!!

I feel really bad for Ashlee. I think she is a really good person, and maybe a little to serious,..but I understand that. But I believe her that Sean told her that he really didn't have feelings for the other two girls,...he was really shocked when she said that out loud. I think he is lying to himself, but that will be his cross to bear. I think Ashlee is so pretty, and so tiny. I didn't realize she was so small. He lost out on a girl that would be a great, mature and loyal partner to him in his life. jmo~

Des is such a sweetie,...I hope she starts finding confidence in herself,....she is a great girl.

Poor Sarah,...I feel really badly for her. How could you not associate every breakup to her limb? Even if that isn't the case?? Such an emotional and personal challenge she has daily...I commend her for her strength.

Uggg...I don't know what else to write,...so I will sleep on it. If Sean picks Lindsay,....I bet they don't make it 6 months. She is to young and immature right now.

Jade, I agree about AshLee. I absolutely believe her and I think it was really low of Sean to deny that he said those things and try to make her look crazy. He sent out a tweet making fun of her, too. It said "'This Man' would never say those things. #Bachelor" My opinion of him has definitely gone down.

Remember when AshLee was eliminated, Sean was panicked all day about how she would take the news because he knew she'd be blindsided. Then, he told her before she got in the 4-Runner, "I swear I thought it was you from the beginning." As soon as he said that, something clicked for me and I realized there was more going on here than just a simple elimination. That was when it became clear to me that he'd obviously said some things to AshLee that never should have been said unless he knew without a doubt that he was going to choose her in the end, and he was trying to cover his ass.

I also think 'the winner' may have fucked him in the Fantasy Suite. I know he claims to be celibate... but it's just a hunch. Or maybe they did something else, but I believe there was some pretty serious physical 'intimacy' involved. Something happened that drastically changed his mind and made him decide that AshLee was no longer going to be the winner... and I don't think it was something negative happening on AshLee's date, because that wouldn't have blindsided her and left him feeling the need to offer a desperate "I thought you were the one until this morning!!!" explanation as she was leaving. If their date had taken an awful turn in the Fantasy Suite, she would have had some idea. I think the runner up at this point is just there by default because he needs two people, and he didn't want to leave AshLee at the altar so he decided to just cut her loose after Fantasy Suites. That way, he has his new winner and then the one he doesn't really give a shit about but has fun with, which makes the final rose ceremony a lot easier on him.

Lindsay and Catherine both just seem so immature. His relationships with them have no depth and it's turned out to be a disappointing season.

Elite Member

I just watched TWTA. I now officially hate Sean. He's tried to be a "gentleman" all season and not hurt people's feelings, but I think by doing that he really led on a lot of women. I get that they are supposed to do that, but I think by his nature and the fact they all thought he was such a good guy he led them on way more than most of them do. I also believe AshLee 100% that he said what she said he did. He's a jerk who thinks he's this wonderful, sensitive guy. I think Sarah, Des and AshLee were told some things that they shouldn't have been told by him.

He obviously wants a "girl" and not a "woman" -- AshLee was too serious for him. I think they would have had a lot of fun together. But she calls him on his BS and he doesn't like that.

I really don't have to see him shirtless again either. I don't get the love. He's too bulky for me.

I'm down with everything you all have just posted about TWTA episode. I saw the tweet Sean sent regarding Ashlee and that was crap.

If only we knew what went on in those Fantasy Suites.... Obviously he isn't the choirboy born-again virgin he was advertised as being. Maybe Desiree's brother wasn't too far off base after all.
    southernbelle and tulip like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    I'm down with everything you all have just posted about TWTA episode. I saw the tweet Sean sent regarding Ashlee and that was crap.

If only we knew what went on in those Fantasy Suites.... Obviously he isn't the choirboy born-again virgin he was advertised as being. Maybe Desiree's brother wasn't too far off base after all.
    I think he hides behind his southern-Christian-gentleman facade. AshLee called him out on that too -- saying he was like a frat boy.
    southernbelle likes this.

Sorry, but I think Ashlee is a bit on the unstable side. She's very sweet and seems like a lovely woman but she was way too uptight and serious for Sean. Her story is very sad and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Regardless, it seemed pretty obvious to me that she was not the adventurous fun-loving type of person Sean was looking for. On her way home, she even said in the limo something to the effect of "This wasn't just all fun and games for me, blah, blah, blah..." Well Sean made it clear he was looking for someone that he can laugh with and she was always so serious and intense. I honestly don't believe that Sean said what she is claiming. She hears what she wants to hear and may have misinterpreted something but I don't think he said that. It was a little crazy how she kept hounding on it, clearly she can't let things go.
    I think the producers have a lot of say in who is in the final four. They KNOW who Sean is going to choose at that point but he has to lead the girls on to some degree because it's entertainment! If it was clear to the viewers who he was going to pick early on, who would keep watching? It's the nature of the show to keep people guessing so he HAS to make it seem like he's torn when he really isn't. I do think it's too bad that they chose to keep Ashlee so long knowing how emotionally fragile she is.
    As far as the final two go, I like them both but I think Catherine is a better fit and I think he will choose her. They seem to have good chemistry. That's my two cents!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information