Thread: Penn & Teller Bullshit

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Default Penn & Teller Bullshit

I just recently started watching this show, and now I'm addicted!

Does anyone else watch it, and if so, what are your thoughts concerning the stance they take on the issues? I think it's awesome how the subjects they tackle are usually controversial, and they never seem to be afraid to speak their mind. There's not enough of that on tv anymore!
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

i also love this show! it seems like i usually agree with the stance they take, but even if i don't, i enjoy the show. penn totally rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I think it's awesome how the subjects they tackle are usually controversial, and they never seem to be afraid to speak their mind.
    well, penn anyway.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Yes, this show is awesome! I love the verbal smack-downs that Penn delivers in his "final thought". Preach it!

The episodes involving the paranormal are hands down the best. The alien abduction one in particular is hilarious! They just rip that shit to shreds.
    Last edited by Trillion42; January 28th, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
    "Bigfoot may well be an extraterrestrial because- remember Chewbacca?" - George Noory

^I can't remember where I heard it, but IIRC, Teller stopped speaking during the beginning of their career because he was protesting something stupid (I'm pretty sure it was a joke), and it just stuck.

I agree with most of their views as well. I wonder if that makes me a closet Libertarian.

I saw one where they were harrassing a woman who was the leader of some pro-abstinence group because they suspected or knew that she hadn't waited until marriage. It was obnoxious, and I felt they were crossing the line because I actually feel that people who DIDN'T wait and regret it are better advocates for abstinence than people who didn't ever know what they were missing.

I saw a couple more, because my boyfriend at the time liked it, and every time I was just put off by how condescending they were to anyone who didn't agree with them.

How were they harassing her exactly? I've watched this show since day one and I wanna know what you've gotten that I missed.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I saw it a few times, back when we had digital cable a few years ago, and I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    How were they harassing her exactly? I've watched this show since day one and I wanna know what you've gotten that I missed.
    I don't remember specifics of what they were saying or doing, because it was literally like 2 years ago when I saw this, I just remember being really put off by their comments and insinuations. That particular episode stuck out to me because I was one of those people who always wanted to wait, didn't, and ended up regretting it, so I was irritated to see them kind of mocking this woman who had the same experience for encouraging other kids not to give in, like the fact that she did made her opinion or experience less valid.

I really like the show and have been a fan of it for a couple of years. I have a few gripes though. I really hate the way that they find the most ridiculous people on the other side of the argument to try and prove whatever theory happens to be bullshit. If the message they are trying to convey is "so right" that other views cannot hold water, I think that they should try to convey that message in its own merit, rather than trying to disparage whatever idiotic person they pick to appear for the other side. Like I said, I like the show, but still question the message conveyed, like I would question anything before I investigate the issue on my own.
    debauched.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillion42 View Post
    Yes, this show is awesome! I love the verbal smack-downs that Penn delivers in his "final thought". Preach it!

The episodes involving the paranormal are hands down the best. The alien abduction one in particular is hilarious! They just rip that shit to shreds.
    OMG that one sounds hilarious! I haven't watched it yet because I've been bouncing around through the seasons and watching the ones that look the most interesting first.
    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I saw one where they were harrassing a woman who was the leader of some pro-abstinence group because they suspected or knew that she hadn't waited until marriage. It was obnoxious, and I felt they were crossing the line because I actually feel that people who DIDN'T wait and regret it are better advocates for abstinence than people who didn't ever know what they were missing.

I saw a couple more, because my boyfriend at the time liked it, and every time I was just put off by how condescending they were to anyone who didn't agree with them.
    I totally understand why you don't like the show. They really don't care who they offend or piss off, which is part of the reason why I like them so much. But if I vehemently disagreed with something they believed in, I can see myself getting offended by how they attack the opposing position.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    I saw it a few times, back when we had digital cable a few years ago, and I liked it.
    If you're interested, surfthechannel.com has all their episodes. Enjoy!

Love the show. I think that topics they have chose lately are kinda lame, but it was great in the beginning.

We watch the show and agree with a lot of their views, but sometimes they are just too over the top and sound preachy and I got bored!

Petunia Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Love the show. I think that topics they have chose lately are kinda lame, but it was great in the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    We watch the show and agree with a lot of their views, but sometimes they are just too over the top and sound preachy and I got bored!
    I totally agree with both of you. I hope they take on Scientology soon.

Thread Information